I know guys! The OFFICIAL signing of P Mark Royals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know guys! The OFFICIAL signing of P Mark Royals

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
I know everyone knows this already, but here's the official announcement.

Dolphins | Royals Officially Signed - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
10:35 PT: Updating previous reports, MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have officially signed free agent P Mark Royals (Buccaneers) to a one-year deal.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=1950

:sleep: ;)

On what his knee injury was last year in training camp
"I had a partially torn MCL in my kicking leg. As I mentioned, that happened the first day of training camp. I missed all of camp and then I was trying to catch up all during the early part of the season, from the camp that I missed. I felt like it came back and I started playing a lot better towards the end of the year. It was unchartered territory – I had never been injured before. So it was something that was a little difficult to deal with, having to go with an injury."
so maybe he will be healthier/better in 2002

It's really a shame that we lost Matt Turk who has been consistently good and better than Mark Royals because of a $25K gap in negotitations.

Miamian...........

Originally posted by Miamian
It's really a shame that we lost Matt Turk who has been consistently good and better than Mark Royals because of a $25K gap in negotitations.

Can you post the article that states that?

It wasn't merely a $25K difference. Miami wanted to sign Turk to a $750K veteran contract that would only $450K against the cap.

This is the contract that Royals signed. It's a one year deal. But from what I've read, Turk also rejected a three-year deal from the Phins.

Turk was really solid last year. But he's a punter. And punters can be replaced.

Punters are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Sh*t, if I was tall enough I would punt for the phins. (5'7)

Re: Miamian...........

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

Can you post the article that states that?

Thanks 39, my e-mail didn't list a prompt to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom