I know it's early but I think this "wide 9" is an absolute mistake... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know it's early but I think this "wide 9" is an absolute mistake...

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
We have the ends and interior d line for it but do not have the linebackers for it. Case in point and many examples are on tape but a duke Johnson run had Jenkins out of spot and whiffed on the tackle and Johnson gets like 8 or more.

you don't force the scheme on your players....you run what is to their strength unless you are going to blow it up and start over through the draft and draft players and bring in free agents to fit that scheme.

Thoughts? It takes time for schemes to set in but I'm not sure I'm buying this with what we have at lb and it's going to gash us all season. That or maybe I'm not fully understanding the scheme.

I dont like this defense at all. The offense is also missing some of Philbin's plays.

The scheme fits the d line well however it relies on very athletic linebackers who are also well aware of their lane assignments and can read and diagnose. We don't have that. Jenkins is an average linebacker. Alonzo has shown zero so far. Misi is average at best. I just am not seeing it

This looks like a very long season. Defensively, we got worst big time

It's the scheme. I'm pretty confident of this although I'm not a coach. We don't have the linebackers. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

I'm sticking with my initial assessment: Bottom 10 unit.

Back
Top Bottom