I know it's not the Dolphins, but... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know it's not the Dolphins, but...

I think it is the right application of crappy rule, BUT...there is not enough evidence to overturn it. There is not 100% clear, conclusive evidence that the ball ever touched the ground and that his right hand did not come out from underneath it. The ball spun, but that's no evidence that it hit the ground. I believe if it has been called incomplete on the field, it also should have stood. No conclusive evidence either way.

Does it really matter at this point?

Thomas Davis suspended 2 games for a dangerous hit that happened on a football play.

Rob Gronkowski suspended only 1 game for delivering the ****ing People's Elbow to the back of a guy's head while he was on the ground, after the whistle had been blown.

There's a reason ratings are in the toilet and circling the drain fast.

This league is committing suicide. First they alienate/offend much of their fan base
Then they allow officials to tweak rules and manipulate calls to affect the outcome of games.
Lousy product with a lousy commissioner (who is likely getting an extension).
I’m predicting the lowest ratings in years for the SB, especially if the Pats get in with the aid of a questionable call or two in a close playoff game.
I know I won’t be watching. Apathy has set in and for a product like NFL that is worse than anger. Anger is fueled by passion and interest in the product and those fans can be lured back. Apathetic fans, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's up with that index card in Oakland? I've never seen the refs use a foreign implement to determine a 1st down, is that legal in the rule book?
Not only that, but I think that it actually showed the opposite -- that the ball was short. A folded piece of paper fit cleanly between the ball and the marker....and that was meant to show the first down was reached?

Report: VP of Officiating’s rulings has led to 3 Patriots’ wins following Jesse James’ overturned touchdown
Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has reported that Al Riveron, the NFL's Senior VP of Officiating, has made calls that have resulted in 3 Patriot wins this season.
Jesse James' overturned touchdown was influenced by Al Riveron, the NFL's Senior VP of Officiating who is in his first year on the job.

On Monday night, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote a story detailing how Riveron's decisions have resulted in three Patriot victories this season that includes the Steelers' overturned touchdown pass role in Pittsburgh's loss to New England on Sunday night.

Per Bouchette, here is the other two plays that Riveron ruled in New England's favor:

- Brandon Cooks' game-winning touchdown against the Texans. Despite Cooks losing control of the ball as it hit the ground, Riveron did not overturn the officials' call on the field.

- The Jets' Austin Seferian-Jenkins fumbled the ball (that went through the back of the end zone) after not being touch and after he crossed the goal line upon catching a 4-yard touchdown pass against the Patriots. After being called a touchdown on the field, Riveron overturned the call upon further review.

More at:
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...ng-Jesse-James-overturned-touchdown-112440972

Does it really matter at this point?

Thomas Davis suspended 2 games for a dangerous hit that happened on a football play.

Rob Gronkowski suspended only 1 game for delivering the ****ing People's Elbow to the back of a guy's head while he was on the ground, after the whistle had been blown.

There's a reason ratings are in the toilet and circling the drain fast.

This is actually what really concerns me. It doesn't make sense at all. Clearly they (the NFL) wanted Gronk back for the Pitt game.

This is actually what really concerns me. It doesn't make sense at all. Clearly they (the NFL) wanted Gronk back for the Pitt game.
Of course they did. Pats have an easier path to the Super Bowl. Pats in the Super Bowl is an easy sell, cover boy Brady vs an accused rapist or the freaking Jags representing the AFC? I'm sure the sponsors would prefer the Pats selling their products come February. It boils down to money these days. I'm looking for some generous games given to the Packers by the refs the next two weeks. Nobody wants Rodgers in the playoffs more than NFL headquarters.

Edit: Just saw the Pack have been eliminated so cross that off the NFL hose job list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom