I know it's not the Dolphins, but...

Discussion in 'Beasts of the AFC East' started by Brumdog45, Dec 17, 2017.

1. dolphinsneu

dolphinsneu Rookie

If Miami does not make the playoffs, I will not be watching them this year.

2. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin There's one, set for stun Moderator Finheaven VIP

The problem is the stupid ground contact rule. Gives leeway for the league to manipulate games. There was rarely ever an issue before that rule, now it's just bad for business. Make it up as you go.

3. Daytona Fin

What's up with that index card in Oakland? I've never seen the refs use a foreign implement to determine a 1st down, is that legal in the rule book?

4. number1fin

number1fin #onephin Donator

fishfanmiami likes this.
  5. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Right, i get their reasoning, but it’s bs IMO. To me, his knee hits and has possession... then extends for the TD.

What’s your take?

6. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

I think it is the right application of crappy rule, BUT...there is not enough evidence to overturn it. There is not 100% clear, conclusive evidence that the ball ever touched the ground and that his right hand did not come out from underneath it. The ball spun, but that's no evidence that it hit the ground. I believe if it has been called incomplete on the field, it also should have stood. No conclusive evidence either way.

Brumdog45 likes this.
  7. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

Does it really matter at this point?

Thomas Davis suspended 2 games for a dangerous hit that happened on a football play.

Rob Gronkowski suspended only 1 game for delivering the ****ing People's Elbow to the back of a guy's head while he was on the ground, after the whistle had been blown.

There's a reason ratings are in the toilet and circling the drain fast.

BahamaFinFan78 likes this.
  8. jlfin

jlfin old pro

This league is committing suicide. First they alienate/offend much of their fan base
    Then they allow officials to tweak rules and manipulate calls to affect the outcome of games.
    Lousy product with a lousy commissioner (who is likely getting an extension).
    I’m predicting the lowest ratings in years for the SB, especially if the Pats get in with the aid of a questionable call or two in a close playoff game.
    I know I won’t be watching. Apathy has set in and for a product like NFL that is worse than anger. Anger is fueled by passion and interest in the product and those fans can be lured back. Apathetic fans, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2017
  9. Brumdog45

Brumdog45 A True Fan

Not only that, but I think that it actually showed the opposite -- that the ball was short. A folded piece of paper fit cleanly between the ball and the marker....and that was meant to show the first down was reached?

10. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

More at:
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...ng-Jesse-James-overturned-touchdown-112440972

11. EvilDylan

EvilDylan A True Fan Donator

This is actually what really concerns me. It doesn't make sense at all. Clearly they (the NFL) wanted Gronk back for the Pitt game.

12. Daytona Fin

Of course they did. Pats have an easier path to the Super Bowl. Pats in the Super Bowl is an easy sell, cover boy Brady vs an accused rapist or the freaking Jags representing the AFC? I'm sure the sponsors would prefer the Pats selling their products come February. It boils down to money these days. I'm looking for some generous games given to the Packers by the refs the next two weeks. Nobody wants Rodgers in the playoffs more than NFL headquarters.

Edit: Just saw the Pack have been eliminated so cross that off the NFL hose job list.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017