I know it's not the Dolphins, but... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know it's not the Dolphins, but...

I’ll NEVER understand how these D-Coordinators sit back and let Gronk single handedly down the stretch win the game.

How do you not double him and dear Brady to find someone else?

You knew it wasnt the dolphins so you knew it didnt belong in the dolphins forum. Please use the correct forum in future
You'll have to forgive me.....if the NFL doesn't know what a catch is, how am I supposed to know what a Dolphins topic is?

Yeah that was pretty ridiculous.

To me, he had possession of the ball and his knees down - NOT TOUCHED - extends ball across end zone, then it moves, but shouldn’t it be a td once it crosses, or is that not considered a football move
That's the thing....once it breaks the plane WITH the ball in your possession, the play should be over.

Honestly, these kinds of errors don't happen at the high school level.....instant replay isn't, and never was -- necessary for the product to be entertaining. And when it's getting things wrong as much as it gets them right, then all it does is slow down the game and randomly assign winners.

It was a failure on the part of the Steelers. You gotta make that catch and not lose control of it.

I'm just getting sick of Brady getting lucky week in and week out.

I think that's why ratings are going down so much.

Another point: while it's clear that the ball moves when he is past the goal line, there is no video evidence that it actually hits the ground. The only angle we have is from the side and when he hits the ground, his hand is underneath the ball. When he gets up, the same is true.

Since the call on the field is a catch, there would have to video evidence showing the ball on the ground. There isn't.

It was a failure on the part of the Steelers. You gotta make that catch and not lose control of it.

I'm just getting sick of Brady getting lucky week in and week out.

I think that's why ratings are going down so much.
The Patriots gave up a 69 yard catch and run while playing prevent. Have to say that was a bigger failure than the fact the NFL can't recognize a catch.

The fans will either defend the call or say "well we get robbed all the time by the refs so it's fair". Not joking. A lot of cheats fans think the refs always rule against them. All the calls for them are just 'make-ups'.
BTW, the Patriots had exactly four yards of penalty against the Steelers.

1) The Tuck Rule play

2) The fumble in the AFC title game last year

3) The Jenkins play

4) The play today.

All four of these calls were correct

The problem is the stupid ground contact rule. Gives leeway for the league to manipulate games. There was rarely ever an issue before that rule, now it's just bad for business. Make it up as you go.

What's up with that index card in Oakland? I've never seen the refs use a foreign implement to determine a 1st down, is that legal in the rule book?

They're saying he technically didn't have possession. But if you have it, turn and extend forward, that is possession. The review team has been awful this season. Some of the worst overturns I've ever seen. If review didn't exist this season, it'd have been for the best.

Right, i get their reasoning, but it’s bs IMO. To me, his knee hits and has possession... then extends for the TD.

What’s your take?

Back
Top Bottom