i know this idea sounds ridicoulous!!! but... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

i know this idea sounds ridicoulous!!! but...

runrickyrun21

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know this wont happen but if were saban and the dolphins... this is what i would do for the draft.... I believe lienart is the best qb in the draft and he would be a great addition to the team.. I know im going to get "your an idiot" with this but I believe trading Ronnie Brown to San Fran for the number two pick would be wonderful to grab lienart! i know your saying idiot hes our franchise back, but i dunno I think ricky is hear to stay and he is still pretty young and one o the top 6 or 7 backs in the league. If for some reason he leaves in 2 years it is much easier to replace then a qb. I would much rather have williams and lineart ten williams, brown, and ferotte! by trading brown then you still have your 16th overall pick where you can grab best player available! what do you think? with this move im thinking playoffs for sure? you all think im nuts? GO phins!!!!

not only an awful idea but it would totally decimate our salary cap, nuff said

runrickyrun21 said:
I know this wont happen but if were saban and the dolphins... this is what i would do for the draft.... I believe lienart is the best qb in the draft and he would be a great addition to the team.. I know im going to get "your an idiot" with this but I believe trading Ronnie Brown to San Fran for the number two pick would be wonderful to grab lienart! i know your saying idiot hes our franchise back, but i dunno I think ricky is hear to stay and he is still pretty young and one o the top 6 or 7 backs in the league. If for some reason he leaves in 2 years it is much easier to replace then a qb. I would much rather have williams and lineart ten williams, brown, and ferotte! by trading brown then you still have your 16th overall pick where you can grab best player available! what do you think? with this move im thinking playoffs for sure? you all think im nuts? GO phins!!!!

TRADE RONNIE BROWN???? There is no way that is gunna happen. Besides San Fran has the 7 or 8 pick depending on a coin flip. New Orleans has the Number 2 and they already have a running back ( Duece ).

what if money wasnt a factor they could restructure his contract... trust me i know the contract is untradeable and it wouldnt happen. but to be honest i dont see much difference in ricky then i do in brown sorry! Go Phins!!

That will never happen nor do I want it to happen....Ronnie's our future and you can't count on Ricky....he doesn't wanna be the main guy anymore.....relax, Nick will get us a winning QB.

Ozzy rules!!

runrickyrun21 said:
what if money wasnt a factor they could restructure his contract... trust me i know the contract is untradeable and it wouldnt happen. but to be honest i dont see much difference in ricky then i do in brown sorry! Go Phins!!

Difference is Ronnie is as good at the age of 23 as Ricky is at the age of 29

even if they are equal you keep the younger guy, not to mention it would kill our salary cap, and even if it didnt I would still say no way because Leinart is going to flop in the NFL

runrickyrun21 said:
... I know im going to get "your an idiot" with this but I believe trading Ronnie Brown to San Fran for the number two pick would be wonderful to grab lienart! ... what do you think? with this move im thinking playoffs for sure? you all think im nuts? GO phins!!!!

i can't say you're an idiot, because no less than 24 hours ago i admonished someone else on a thread for calling people idiots, so....let's just say 'i don't agree with your opinion or assessment of the situation' and leave it at that.

Alex22 said:
Difference is Ronnie is as good at the age of 23 as Ricky is at the age of 29

even if they are equal you keep the younger guy, not to mention it would kill our salary cap, and even if it didnt I would still say no way because Leinart is going to flop in the NFL

...because we all know you are the all seeing, all knowing talent evaluator/Madame Cleo of Finheaven...whatever.

On topic: We are'nt trading Ronnie...the cap hit would cripple us, we would'nt get value in return and he is the future center piece of the offense.

People need to keep on mind that Ricky DOESN'T want to be the focus anymore....he just want to get the money and stay in the back ground...he played hard this past year but he's not into it the way some people seem to think......I wanna keep him unless we can get a 1st round pick for him but Ronnie's the man.

Ozzy rules!!

unifiedtheory said:
...because we all know you are the all seeing, all knowing talent evaluator/Madame Cleo of Finheaven...whatever.

Theres alot of them here.

Any thread that contains "Your probably gonna think I'm and idiot for this....." pretty much loses any credibility right away IMO.

i can safely say that trading brown makes absolutely no sense from every single possible angle.

First off it can't happend because like others have said the cap hit would cripple us and SF dosen't have the second pick.

But I do find it interesting that people object to trading Ronnie for Matt when most people would have screamed if we had picked Ronnie over Matt (assuming he entered the draft) last year.

Back
Top Bottom