I know this question has been asked and reasked... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know this question has been asked and reasked...

What do you do at two?

• Mike Williams

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Ronnie Brown

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Braylon Edwards

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Carnell Williams

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Cedric Benson

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Alex Smith

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Aaron Rodgers

• Derrick Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Jones

• Alex Barron

• Shawne Merriman

• Marcus Spears

• Trade down but still able to draft one of the above

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Trade down and draft a player not on above list

• Player not listed with #2 pick

• Total voters

bfishusi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have recently come to the conclusion that at this point many of us dolfans have more and better knowledge about who we should take at two than the "so-called experts". That said, I have seen many opinions on here but get confused about who on here wants who. I respect many of your opinions and would like to see exactly who you all choose. My hope is that this thread sticks around and we can get everyone on here to state their personal choice. So please post your choice, reasons for the choice, and vote. Thanks to all.

Oh, my vote is for Mike Williams. I think that we can get near equal value at the RB and QB positions later in the draft. Feeley will have one more year with an added weapon to see if he is "the guy". I feel that Williams has more potential to be a dominant game changing reciever than Edwards.

Everybody here has basically agreed that they'd be happy with any of these 7 guys...

Rodgers,Smith,Benson,Brown,Caddy,BMW,and Braylon (you can add DJ and Williamson if we trade for 2 1sts)

Cedric Benson. Ithink he's going to have the best carrer out of any of the RB's in the draft and I think Brown is the top choice right now because of the combine which is overrated. It should be about what they did on the field and Benson was better than Brown (or any other RB in this draft).

Edit: Though I wouldn't mind picking Brown, just think Benson will be better.

Aaron Rodgers or Caddy....although I'm still holding out hope for Mike Williams. You know though...I think that Rolle could be the suprise pick. I believe, which is likely to have nothing to do with what Saban thinks, that Saban feels QB, WR, DL, CB are the 4 "impact" postions he considers iportant in building a winner.

I actually like Rodgers if SF picks Edwards or Smith. I don't think Saban takes Smith...but that's just my feeling.

I also think we pass on Edwards...of course that's simply because I don't like the guy one bit. I don't care how many Draft Guru's, fans, or so called insiders say Edwards is the best player...I don't like him...didn't in college..and don't as a pro.

I don't think a DL is worth the #2 overall pick...so I drop the thought of James, Cody, Hawthorne, Johnson and Spears....although I think Spears will be very good (not great) for the next 10 years in the league.

So for me that leaves just a couple of players in my mind. Mike Williams is a phreak. His game speed is simply above his straight line track speed and he has great hands and leaping ability. I don't care how many yards a Wr racks up over a season...As far as I'm concerned it's the # of TD's a guy catches that matters most! Of all the Wr in the draft he's the most likely to be the best at it.

That leaves me with Rolle as the sleeper. Everyone knows Surtain isn't long for this team. We have nice backups and possible replacements already on the roster. That said, I don't think Madison plays for more than 2-3 years for the 'Phins. Rolle, IMO, is the best CB in the draft. He's been rated the best for the last 2 years for this draft. the talk of Jones flying up the board happened only late this last season and then topped when he ran his 40. He's now slipping again...and it's not because of the rumored bad pee test (which didn't happen). It's his size and hip turn...the same things that had him as a latter 1st round pick before the last season started. So...I think Rolle provides the ability that Saban would like...not only deep man coverage but his ability to tackle.

Whoa...sorry for the length....but I told a bunch of people a couple months ago I would finally say something on the draft and some of the top prospects when we got within the last 2 weeks of the draft.

In the end...IF no trade down (which I want badly), this is my order of what we do with the #2 overall pick. NOTE: this is what I think not what I want.

BTW i got this info from "sylvia browne" :)

IF SF doesn't...we take Aaron Rodgers (the only thing in my mind that makes Saban not take him is that he won't want to be tied to a QB taken @ #2 for his success or failure)

IF SF does take Rodgers, we take Caddy or Rolle.

NOW, my personal preference if we stay at #2 is Mike Williams, but I don't think Saban will.

bfishusi said:
I have recently come to the conclusion that at this point many of us dolfans have more and better knowledge about who we should take at two than the "so-called experts". That said, I have seen many opinions on here but get confused about who on here wants who. I respect many of your opinions and would like to see exactly who you all choose. My hope is that this thread sticks around and we can get everyone on here to state their personal choice. So please post your choice, reasons for the choice, and vote. Thanks to all.

Oh, my vote is for Mike Williams. I think that we can get near equal value at the RB and QB positions later in the draft. Feeley will have one more year with an added weapon to see if he is "the guy". I feel that Williams has more potential to be a dominant game changing reciever than Edwards.

The only problem with assuring Feeley another season is what do we do if he proves not to be the guy? He would have to be cut for cap reasons and we'd be stuck with Frerotte and otherwise no future at the position. We likely won't be in position for Leinart and any move up would cost us an arm and a leg. This is likely our lone chance to take a chance on a potential franchise QB. He may bust or he may not...it's just a chance we should strongly consider taking.

ChambersWI said:
Everybody here has basically agreed that they'd be happy with any of these 7 guys...

Rodgers,Smith,Benson,Brown,Caddy,BMW,and Braylon (you can add DJ and Williamson if we trade for 2 1sts)

As would I, but which is your personal favorite?

thepoolboy said:
The only problem with assuring Feeley another season is what do we do if he proves not to be the guy? He would have to be cut for cap reasons and we'd be stuck with Frerotte and otherwise no future at the position. We likely won't be in position for Leinart and any move up would cost us an arm and a leg. This is likely our lone chance to take a chance on a potential franchise QB. He may bust or he may not...it's just a chance we should strongly consider taking.

I think it's highly possible that Leinart won't be the 1st QB taken next season. With guys like Vincent Young, Reggie McNeal and others coming out it'll be interesting to see which one will go 1st. If Young alone comes out, it puts the "who'll be the 1st to get picked" question into play.

bfishusi said:

put it this way, and this is not meant to bash AJ, because I dont want this to turn into a big debate. Feeley is not going to be given "1 more year" as some of you are led to believe. If he is beaten out by Frerotte in TC, Gus will start. Saban won't play him just because he wants to see what he has. Saban said that he regrets playing the contract rather than the better player while he was in Cleveland. Feeley will get as much of a chance to start as Gus will. Saban said that they'll be splitting snaps.

If Feeley does not play extremely well this year, he'll be gone in 2006. His salary jumps from 540,000 to 3.5 million. With his bonus next year, he'll actually save money on the cap by being released.

The best players on this team will start. If AJ beats out Gus, then he'll start, but if he doesn't, he'll be an inexpensive backup for the rest of the season.

KB, Boomer, Bluefin, Crunchtime, ect. any of you regulars care to chime in?

zephon said:
I think it's highly possible that Leinart won't be the 1st QB taken next season. With guys like Vincent Young, Reggie McNeal and others coming out it'll be interesting to see which one will go 1st. If Young alone comes out, it puts the "who'll be the 1st to get picked" question into play.

I don't think Young has the passing skills to leap frog Leinart but there are definite concerns with Leinart. He plays with some of the best talent in college football and he has a long, slow delivery which does not translate well to the pros. If he can correct that (and I'm not sure he can) he could do very well in the NFL. I have strong reason to believe that if he came out this year, he'd be number 3 behind Smith and Rodgers. I think he was rated number one due to the euphoria of his Heisman season and his team's performance. I think once the film was broken down, the concerns would be apparent.

Dudeman said:
put it this way, and this is not meant to bash AJ, because I dont want this to turn into a big debate. Feeley is not going to be given "1 more year" as some of you are led to believe. If he is beaten out by Frerotte in TC, Gus will start. Saban won't play him just because he wants to see what he has. Saban said that he regrets playing the contract rather than the better player while he was in Cleveland. Feeley will get as much of a chance to start as Gus will. Saban said that they'll be splitting snaps.

If Feeley does not play extremely well this year, he'll be gone in 2006. His salary jumps from 540,000 to 3.5 million. With his bonus next year, he'll actually save money on the cap by being released.

The best players on this team will start. If AJ beats out Gus, then he'll start, but if he doesn't, he'll be an inexpensive backup for the rest of the season.

We are getting away from the topic here lol. Your pick dude?

bfishusi said:

so your better than the experts huh?? LOL....

tucker said:
so your better than the experts huh?? LOL....

No, but sometimes it seems as though the experts look at the talent but not the individual team needs or styles of play. Plus, the experts change positions just as much as any fan does. So.....

Dudeman said:
oh sorry. bro, I thought you knew. I've been talking about him a lot. :wink:

Alex

Yeah, that is what I thought. Just wanted to get it on paper. :)

Back
Top Bottom