I know we are not a very good team, but... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know we are not a very good team, but...

Is it possible that the only reason we're close in the first half is good coaching to cover up holes, but after halftime the other team adjusts and we can't beat them 1v1 with the current talent level?

That might be the possible situation, don't know if it's true or not, but I can hope!

I mean take a look at that first drive. Ran on first down for 8, then Drake fumbled but we pick up the first after a 5 yard gain, then Walton runs for 8, then we whiff on block and get stuffed and third and short a screen gets snuffed out and Rosen has to eat it and we punt.

Then they kick a FG, penalty puts us inside our own u10 and we punt and then SD scores. Team isn't good enough to overcome the simple ****.

We were trying to control the clock a bit and we're having success running the ball. Leaving points on the field in the first half leaves zero room for error. We probably left 10 on the board with the Ballage drop (who never saw the field again) and the Williams drop to move the chains . . . Then missed FGs.

Playcalling was fine until the game turned on it's head

Which begs the question that when the game turns on its head, why go pass happy? Why not just continue to run your offense? Dropping back every play and getting lit up isn’t helping us, getting real time reps of our base offense may help us.

And the you get "the coaches are trash" rhetoric.

You can't make a steak n lobster 7 course meal with dollar store bologna and dry stale 99 cent bread.

Once Ross/Grier decided to write this year off, it was a given that the coaching staff was getting a free pass.
Love that one. I guess they know the players are trash so no point of blaming them. Trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

Is it possible that the only reason we're close in the first half is good coaching to cover up holes, but after halftime the other team adjusts and we can't beat them 1v1 with the current talent level?

That might be the possible situation, don't know if it's true or not, but I can hope!
That's just crazy talk.

Which begs the question that when the game turns on its head, why go pass happy? Why not just continue to run your offense? Dropping back every play and getting lit up isn’t helping us, getting real time reps of our base offense may help us.

I mean at 27 to 10 with 11 minutes in the 4th . . . Team had ran 10 plays in the second half . . . .5 runs, 3 passes and 2 punts. Then we had the Short dump off to Drake and then the Rosen pick.

That's not called being pass happy. The game turned and so does the playcalling/situation.

...the playcalling in the game was atrocious. As improbable as it may seem, at least give the players a slim chance to succeed.:rolleyes:

Umm...Tua had 7 touchdowns on Saturday and looked fantastic!

Absolutely. We don’t have talent to adjust anything but other teams do

It is too early to call these coaches "garabage" due to the lack of talent they are working with. However at this point there is no reason to be sold on them either. They have a lot to prove. The fact that the team has yet to score in the 2nd half this season and is giving up over 40 points and over 400 yards a game, even when considering the talent gap, is not encouraging at all. These coaches will still have a lot to prove going into 2020 if this team goes 0-16 while braking records for least points scored and most points given up in a season. Anyone who doesn't believe these coaches are going to continue carrying the stench of this dreadful season until the team actually starts winning is just not living in reality. Tanking does have it's consequencies. Blame Chris Grier but Brian Flores and his staff will have to deal with collateral damage whether anyone likes it or not.

Pump the brakes please.

This STAFF has to learn how to adjust and call games.

These PLAYERS need to learn how to turn it on when it is "winning" time.

You are playing with an entire organization that doesn't know itself yet. No matter what they know from previous teams or previous coaches, they are in their own fire now. They have to figure all of this out.

I've said it before and a lot of fans are suffering from expecting this team to "know" how to play and coach. We are still looking for players. We are still learning how to coach. We are still learning how to play as a team.

The Chargers adjusted. They have players who have been in the fire before. This is nothing new to them.

Our team is learning how to play "Dolphin Football" when "Dolphin Football" hasn't been defined in this current organization. We are finding ourselves.

When Rosen and Staff are prepared, they look good. And at this time, I would say 1/2 of football is about the most they can be certain of before they have to go off script.

Going off script or adjusting requires the vast majority of the team knowing the playbook, knowing their assignments and knowing how to deal with adversity.

We are still learning how to put together drives and score points.

Adjust your perceptions. We have started over from scratch. We must learn everything.

Progress will be measured in steps.

And the you get "the coaches are trash" rhetoric.

You can't make a steak n lobster 7 course meal with dollar store bologna and dry stale 99 cent bread.

Once Ross/Grier decided to write this year off, it was a given that the coaching staff was getting a free pass.
Even with the lack of talent on the roster, if we keep playing like this we are the worst team in the history of the game. That’s not happening if the coaches are any good.

It was pretty clear here that LAC thought they could come out and defense and generate pass rush without bringing blitzes. They made an adjustment in the second half to bring more blitzes which our team struggled against.

I know we are not a very good team, but...

Don Shula made an appearance today. That put a smile on my face & made me forget for a few minutes just how bad this team is.

Even with the lack of talent on the roster, if we keep playing like this we are the worst team in the history of the game. That’s not happening if the coaches are any good.
Like i said earlier, i expect to make progress consistently. If we aren't noticeably better by the end of the season, then I will agree.

Like i said earlier, i expect to make progress consistently. If we aren't noticeably better by the end of the season, then I will agree.
Well there won’t be any falloff if or when the injures start.

Back
Top Bottom