I know we are not a very good team, but... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know we are not a very good team, but...

Nothing surprises me about people, but there's clearly quite a few people that think this team of almost all backups is going to be competitive against the better teams in the league.

Really? Where? Maybe a few but I think a very high percentage of the board knows we suck don’t expect that. Maybe in 2 weeks vs Washington but still think we’ll lose.

Myself as an example today picked LA in my survivor pool started Rivers, Allen and the Chargers defense (who I picked up a week early to stash just for Miami) in fantasy. All worked out well. In fact I’ll stash Washington too I think.

Is it possible that the only reason we're close in the first half is good coaching to cover up holes, but after halftime the other team adjusts and we can't beat them 1v1 with the current talent level?

That might be the possible situation, don't know if it's true or not, but I can hope!

Maybe it means they can coach up this bunch when they have a week to prepare but are terrible at making half time adjustments...

Half time adjustments? :lol: That must be one depressing conversation. This team does nothing even remotely well. Can't run the ball, can't pass protect without keeping guys in so that leaves us with a few mediocre receivers running routes. Can't rush the qb to save our lives. Can't blitz b/c our secondary isn't good and will get picked apart when the blitz doesn't get home which is gonna be a lot. I wonder if they just spend halftime knocking down a few beers.

Last edited:
It’s always the second half. It’s like they treat the 1st half as a real game then decide, ok back to losing don’t want to lose that 1st overall.
This is what I believe. There is nothing more important than getting the number one pick. I think Flores is in on the plan.

It was fine, guys need to make the easy catches and stay on top of the scoreboard, and make fgs.

Offense has no shot if they get behind. The line needs 8 or 9 guys to protect and they still allow pressure.

We haven't scored in the second half in 4 games, not enough talent up front to overcome being one dimensional.

Can’t reason with these guys, Kdawg954, it’s in one ear and out the other.

As you say, the coaches aren’t dropping catchable passes or missing makeable field goals or missing
open tackles or missing blocks or missing assignments.

Plays have been there to be had. But somehow it’s on the coaches for the players failure to convert.

The faction that does recognize and blame the players want the offenders all cut immediately instead of, you know, developing and helping them to improve.

Color me silly, but, despite a talent deficient team, I’ve seen improvement over the past 4 weeks. It’s as if people forget how inept the team looked against Baltimore. Sans two pick sixes late in the NE game to run up the score, they were a little better in that game. And now have been competitive the past 2 weeks against both Dallas and SD — who are considered above average teams.

If not for player mistakes, such as drops, protection breakdowns, and missed kicks, they might have been in those games into the 4th quarter. But somehow the coaches aren’t doing their job. Go figure.

We had a very good kicker and today he got outplayed by a punter handling kicking duties... Everything that you can imagine going wrong with this team is really on schedule
I think that Jakeem Grant experiment is almost over. No added value with him. Not sure what happened to him compared to last year.

We r just not sound in all areas. I am also tired of Grant bring the ball out of the endzone just to b tackled at the 15 or 20 yard line. Take a knee and get us the 5 extra yards. Thought Rosen played decent. Drake hold onto the ball - Otherwise u good. Ballage- nah I will take Walton. We need Wilson back out there to help. Defense- just put Rowe in the slot and give some other guys a shot. Rowe is bad! Oline held up good the first half. Blitz Baker more. Ok done venting

We had a very good kicker and today he got outplayed by a punter handling kicking duties... Everything that you can imagine going wrong with this team is really on schedule
I think that Jakeem Grant experiment is almost over. No added value with him. Not sure what happened to him compared to last year.
He's going up against better corners because Wilson is out and Stills is gone and especially because we have fewer people running routes due to protection issues so there are more people guarding him than before.

Like i said earlier, i expect to make progress consistently. If we aren't noticeably better by the end of the season, then I will agree.

Well, every week we lose by less, we come a little closer to playing a complete game (I’d say we’re at a full 2 quarters per game as of now), and we even just took our first lead of the season. I feel like we’re building towards a week 17 game where we lead the entire way only to lose by a point on a last second field goal from over 50 yards out.

Can’t reason with these guys, Kdawg954, it’s in one ear and out the other.

As you say, the coaches aren’t dropping catchable passes or missing makeable field goals or missing
open tackles or missing blocks or missing assignments.

Plays have been there to be had. But somehow it’s on the coaches for the players failure to convert.

The faction that does recognize and blame the players want the offenders all cut immediately instead of, you know, developing and helping them to improve.

Color me silly, but, despite a talent deficient team, I’ve seen improvement over the past 4 weeks. It’s as if people forget how inept the team looked against Baltimore. Sans two pick sixes late in the NE game to run up the score, they were a little better in that game. And now have been competitive the past 2 weeks against both Dallas and SD — who are considered above average teams.

If not for player mistakes, such as drops, protection breakdowns, and missed kicks, they might have been in those games into the 4th quarter. But somehow the coaches aren’t doing their job. Go figure.

There are some who's fear/agenda is so great, they refuse to acknowledge ANY positive

There are some who's fear/agenda is so great, they refuse to acknowledge ANY positive
I think it's been pretty hard to argue that the team hasn't looked better lately. Even in a season where I want us to lose every game to get Tua, those first 2 games pissed me off because I expect us to at least look competitive and just end up losing because the lack of talent will rear it's head. The first two games, it looked like we didn't have a clue at what was going on which really scared me because that's not just having bad players. That's coaching, game plans, and preparation.

Nothing surprises me about people, but there's clearly quite a few people that think this team of almost all backups is going to be competitive against the better teams in the league.
Why shouldn't posters expect that. many people were saying the this defense would be coached up, manufacture a pass rush, get better coaching then our last regime,,,blah blah blah...they said talen wouldn't matter because this staff was going to make the defense sooooooooooo much better. how is that working out? Facts are facts. Talent or no talent...this team is not being coached up...its getting blown out each week. nobody can argue that. I am sure some people will still deny it though.

Back
Top Bottom