I like a QB from the 2 pick please! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like a QB from the 2 pick please!

miami mayham

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have been thinking that maybe it would be better if we do take Alex Smith because we all know Miami can't have two in a row bad seasons and Matt Lighnardt (what ever his last name is) won't be there next year for us to get. We need to start over and get that future QB, so we dont have to keep looking in the FA market. their will be potential WR's and RB's later in the draft.

You aint the only one who wants a QB with the #2 pick.

The best QB in this draft will not be taken in the 1st round and probably not the second either. There's no reason to use the #2 on a QB when the best QB Andrew Walter will be available in the 3rd round.

Cheapshotz said:
The best QB in this draft will not be taken in the 1st round and probably not the second either. There's no reason to use the #2 on a QB when the best QB Andrew Walter will be available in the 3rd round.

I bet Mcpherson will end up being the best QB coming out of thisdraft, give it time.

knight6jb said:
I bet Mcpherson will end up being the best QB coming out of thisdraft, give it time.

agreed :D

Saban doesn't seem like the betting type, though. The QB's in the top-ten would really have to show him something beyond a reasonable doubt.. and only he knows what that would be.

nick19991 said:

For starters you don't just base who you think will be the best QB by how great their arm is or how fast they can run. I also think there are to many character issues left unresolved. I saw him play in college and he was ok, I also saw him play live in the AFL and nothing he did there seperated him from 5 or 6 NFL castoff Qb's that were in that league. I could be all wrong about this, but I just wouldn't draft him based on combine numbers

Cheapshotz said:

If he was the best QB wouldn't he be the #1 pick? In fact wouldn't he be in the first round. McPherson, Frye - these are all What IF guys. Would you stake your career as a GM on them. It's easy to sit back and say this guy will be the sleeper pick but when you stake your franchise on your QB of the future you better be right. This team has to stop screwing around with these mediocre QB's ever since Marino. They have a chance to get a franchise guy IF they stay at #2. The odds are slim that your franchise guy is there in the 3rd or 4th rd. I hate to say it but Feeley and Frerotte and Sage are all What IF average looking QB's. We need a game changer at QB. Smith has the tools to be that guy. These other guys are all HUGE ?'s!. And please - would people stop talking about McPherson - guy is a head case and you want him as your QB?

Here's my guesses:
Aaron Rodgers = Kyle Boller
Alex Smith = Tom Brady
Adrian McPherson = Aaron Brooks
Andrew Walter = Drew Bledsoe

ether79 said:
For starters you don't just base who you think will be the best QB by how great their arm is or how fast they can run. I also think there are to many character issues left unresolved. I saw him play in college and he was ok, I also saw him play live in the AFL and nothing he did there seperated him from 5 or 6 NFL castoff Qb's that were in that league. I could be all wrong about this, but I just wouldn't draft him based on combine numbers

first off, the AFL gave him rookie of the year honors so I think he did well there. His arm is really strong and he is accurate along with being mobile. His character does have a few questions but since his FSU days have pasted he has changed, he hasn't been in trouble since then and he has apologized to Bobby Bowen and hs former teammates. You have to give 2nd chances and he has made the best of his

nick19991 said:
first off, the AFL gave him rookie of the year honors so I think he did well there. His arm is really strong and he is accurate along with being mobile. His character does have a few questions but since his FSU days have pasted he has changed, he hasn't been in trouble since then and he has apologized to Bobby Bowen and hs former teammates. You have to give 2nd chances and he has made the best of his

You might be right, i might be right. Only time will tell I guess. I just think there are to many intangibles to be able to project any Qb prospect, let alone mid to late QB prospects. So I try to stay away from saying this Qb will be this and this Qb will be that.

Im a Gator Fan and I really like the Potential of McPhereson, i say take him in the third. Why Not, he is worth the try.

ether79 said:
Thats crazy talk. IMO

I have seen him play at HS, College, and AFL..... The man has skills, I said all this before combine/work outs. I believe this kid would be a top10 pick easily if he hadnt gotten in trouble, he has everything you want in a QB, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom