I like Miami's TE room right now. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Miami's TE room right now.

I think Miami's te trio is decent, however none are on the Weller, Kelcee, Gronk or Keller level. Pitts has the potential to be as much of an offensive weapon as any te already in the league. So much will depend on which team draft Pitts, which qb he's paired with and the offensive scheme.
That's true and I think because of his unique skillset, he could be a player that makes other players on the offense thrive. It's about complimentary pieces and he could help the "whole be greater" than the sum of the parts. If he doesn't present the primary mis-match, he will create one for another receiver in the offense.

If he's there, Ja'Marr Chase. If he's not there, I'm OK with either Kyle Pitts or Devonta Smith. We need a weapon for Tua and the sooner we get him a young WR#1 the better. I don't want to duplicate the TE position, but Pitts is exceptional. I worry about Smith's ability to defeat press coverage consistently and stay healthy at that ultra-light weight, but if he can get in the open field he's going to be exceptional. Jalen Waddle scares me because I see him a lot like Henry Ruggs III, but he's also very talented. I would be cool with trading back from #6 if Chase isn't there.
Is Chase that much better than Will Fuller that we must get him?

Gesicki is good but I don't think he's better than Pitts...and his contract is up and he's going to be pricey.

Gesicki is good but I don't think he's better than Pitts...and his contract is up and he's going to be pricey.
Gotta remember Fuller is on a one year deal that could become two..may not be a Dolphin for too long...Chase or any WR/TE like him would be locked up at least 4 years or so!

Gotta remember Fuller is on a one year deal that could become two..may not be a Dolphin for too long...Chase or any WR/TE like him would be locked up at least 4 years or so!
I know Fuller was here for a year. The question remains is paying Fuller after this year a better investment than paying Gesicki.

I know Fuller was here for a year. The question remains is paying Fuller after this year a better investment than paying Gesicki.
Probably I would pay Gesicki over Fuller...depending what plays out this next season on the field.

Top 15 TE for Gesicki..maybe Top 10...depending.

I don't see Fuller as top 10 or even top 15 WR...

Pitts is a projected all-pro and potential HOF’r. I don’t see that in the TE room now, sorry.

Pitts only adds another TE that can't be in on every down. Pitts will not be the selection at #6. I am willing to put money on it. Even if Smith is off the board, they will go in another direction. The most overrated prospect to come out of college in along time. Didn't produce in college, and won't in the pros.

Potential hall of fame my ass. Dude had 2 games with over 100 yards receiving in 2 games last year against college level competition while having a QB who may start in the pros. Kyle Pitts is the next overhyped freakish athlete TE that can't block who will be average in the NFL.

Well they don't play the same position. Chase would be taking Preston Williams position immediately, and then migrate to DeVante Parker's position eventually. Given Parker's proclivity to get injured, there will still be plenty of snaps for Preston Williams in the 4 wide sets and filling in while WR's take breathers, so it's a simple upgrade. But none of those 3 is a true elite speed burner like Fuller, so Fuller's starting spot would be unaffected. The guy who would take Fuller's position would be Jalen Waddle, who has elite speed.

I never said Gesicki is better than Pitts. But it's a bird-in-the-hand situation because Gesicki is a similar player and the best TE prospect we've had in probably 20 years ... he's a top 7 to 10 move TE in the NFL and teams scheme against him. He's our one true seam threat, best mismatch player athletically, and a good contested catcher. On 3rd down and in the red zones defenses are always worried about covering him ... and his 6'6 + long arms + 41.5" vertical leap means he's always open up top, with the strong hands to come down with the ball. Why would you throw that away? Don Shula said you keep your best players ... and Gesicki is one of our best players, and probably our best player on offense currently. There is no better time to re-sign a guy than in one of the few years when the cap is flat/down and just before it's set to spike up dramatically. I say keep our best players, sign him quickly, and move on. I suspect they're waiting until after the draft so as not to tip our hand regarding our #6 pick.

Last edited:
Pitts only adds another TE that can't be in on every down. Pitts will not be the selection at #6. I am willing to put money on it. Even if Smith is off the board, they will go in another direction. The most overrated prospect to come out of college in along time. Didn't produce in college, and won't in the pros.

Potential hall of fame my ***. Dude had 2 games with over 100 yards receiving in 2 games last year against college level competition while having a QB who may start in the pros. Kyle Pitts is the next overhyped freakish athlete TE that can't block who will be average in the NFL.

You are clueless. I seriously may make this post my sig so we can all laugh at it next year.

Potential hall of fame my ***. Dude had 2 games with over 100 yards receiving in 2 games last year against college level competition while having a QB who may start in the pros. Kyle Pitts is the next overhyped freakish athlete TE that can't block who will be average in the NFL.
The fact that it has to be said that a guy who wouldn't even be the most athletic TE on the Dolphins and didn't produce a ton in college isn't an automatic All-Pro/HoFer shows how ridiculous this last week has become.

Well they don't play the same position. Chase would be taking Preston Williams position immediately, and then migrate to DeVante Parker's position eventually. Given Parker's proclivity to get injured, there will still be plenty of snaps for Preston Williams in the 4 wide sets and filling in while WR's take breathers, so it's a simple upgrade. But none of those 3 is a true elite speed burner like Fuller, so Fuller's starting spot would be unaffected. The guy who would take Fuller's position would be Jalen Waddle, who has elite speed.

I never said Gesicki is better than Pitts. But it's a bird-in-the-hand situation because Gesicki is a similar player and the best WR prospect we've had in probably 20 years ... he's a top 7 to 10 move TE in the NFL and teams scheme against him. He's our one true seam threat, best mismatch player athletically, and a good contested catcher. On 3rd down and in the red zones defenses are always worried about covering him ... and his 6'6 + long arms + 41.5" vertical leap means he's always open up top, with the strong hands to come down with the ball. Why would you throw that away? Don Shula said you keep your best players ... and Gesicki is one of our best players, and probably our best player on offense currently. There is no better time to re-sign a guy than in one of the few years when the cap is flat/down and just before it's set to spike up dramatically. I say keep our best players, sign him quickly, and move on. I suspect they're waiting until after the draft so as not to tip our hand regarding our #6 pick.

Flores comes from the BB coaching tree. As everyone knows, BB destroyed teams with two TE sets in the past. And given his FA splurge this year, it’s looking like he’s going to try and recreate that past success. There’s no reason why Miami can’t prominently features two TE sets. Pitts and Gesicki with Parker and Fuller would be a lethal combination. Miami can add receiver talent in the second and third rounds of this draft – the class is deep. But when it comes to Pitts, there is no other comparable prospect in the draft.

Just because Miami drafts Pitts doesn’t mean Gesicki isn’t resigned. Pitts on a rookie deal means you don’t have to pay him big money for several years.

I’m always cautious with college players getting overhyped as the second coming so while I like Pitts a lot I’m not ready to put the gold jacket on him just yet.

Athletically speaking Pitts and Gesicki are nearly identical freaks. The question I ask is Pitts redundant or the just the next shiny thing?

If he is the pick and the plan is to run a 12 Personnel based offense then that is certainly intriguing as they are both matchup nightmares.

6E39A10D-D67E-48F7-9BFB-85BBE3303D50.jpg

Back
Top Bottom