I like Miami's TE room right now. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Miami's TE room right now.

ChitownPhins28

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
I think Shaheen is sneaky good. Great athlete and was evolving and improving just within last year.
Not sure if Smythe blocks well enough to be that guy but he did catch his opportunities well. Gesicki is no worse than a top-10 receiving TE. Often top-7.
Our WR room needs more reliable starter material. We need an All-Pro Contender. With Devante banged up we had NO #1 for a lot of the season. Then IF Parker and PDub stay healthy we're freakin loaded and opposing Ds will quake in fear.

Great points in the OP @ChitownPhins28 and thanks. Typical Dolphins fans to undervalue the TE position for decades and then when we have a premier move TE (Gesicki), a solid in-line TE (Smythe) and a great developmental prospect who is a true two-way TE (Shaheen) to choose that time to blow up the room. The TE room is probably our strongest room on the team's offense, we need to nurture it and let these guys grow. Smythe is the brains behind it all and helps make both Gesicki and Shaheen better. As a unit they can all be productive in the red zone, all have size, and all fit distinct roles. Gesicki will command a good amount to re-sign, but this is the best possible year to re-sign guys because the cap is LOW, and these contracts re-signed this year will be great value in 3 years. That's the whole reason the Patriots finally splurged in FA.

If Pitts played for Nebraska, I wonder how many people would be so set to draft him? A few years down the road, I'll be shocked if teams are not kicking themselves for passing on Ja'Marr Chase. This kid is legit. If we want to build around Tua, Chase is the best gift we could give him. He already enjoys Gesicki as a mismatch TE ... why replace that and add nobody at the WR position? If the team prefers Devonta Smith, so be it, he's going to be a good WR too. If we take Pitts ... we're crashing one of our sportscars into a brick wall intentionally ... and it's their choice whether it's the Ferrari or the Porsche. Me, I'd add to the collection with a WR who can grow with Tua.

We took care of enough positions in FA that we can take BPA at 6. We have screamed "Weapons for Tua!" all season.

IMO, Pitts is a much greater upgrade at TE than Smith/Chase is at WR.

Great points in the OP @ChitownPhins28 and thanks. Typical Dolphins fans to undervalue the TE position for decades and then when we have a premier move TE (Gesicki), a solid in-line TE (Smythe) and a great developmental prospect who is a true two-way TE (Shaheen) to choose that time to blow up the room. The TE room is probably our strongest room on the team's offense, we need to nurture it and let these guys grow. Smythe is the brains behind it all and helps make both Gesicki and Shaheen better. As a unit they can all be productive in the red zone, all have size, and all fit distinct roles. Gesicki will command a good amount to re-sign, but this is the best possible year to re-sign guys because the cap is LOW, and these contracts re-signed this year will be great value in 3 years. That's the whole reason the Patriots finally splurged in FA.

If Pitts played for Nebraska, I wonder how many people would be so set to draft him? A few years down the road, I'll be shocked if teams are not kicking themselves for passing on Ja'Marr Chase. This kid is legit. If we want to build around Tua, Chase is the best gift we could give him. He already enjoys Gesicki as a mismatch TE ... why replace that and add nobody at the WR position? If the team prefers Devonta Smith, so be it, he's going to be a good WR too. If we take Pitts ... we're crashing one of our sportscars into a brick wall intentionally ... and it's their choice whether it's the Ferrari or the Porsche. Me, I'd add to the collection with a WR who can grow with Tua.
Who would you take at 6?

Who would you take at 6?
If he's there, Ja'Marr Chase. If he's not there, I'm OK with either Kyle Pitts or Devonta Smith. We need a weapon for Tua and the sooner we get him a young WR#1 the better. I don't want to duplicate the TE position, but Pitts is exceptional. I worry about Smith's ability to defeat press coverage consistently and stay healthy at that ultra-light weight, but if he can get in the open field he's going to be exceptional. Jalen Waddle scares me because I see him a lot like Henry Ruggs III, but he's also very talented. I would be cool with trading back from #6 if Chase isn't there.

I feel if we miss out on Pitts it won't be the end of the world because we have Gesecki.
I like gesecki but pitts is on another level. I think what we all want are elite playmakers. The most important position we need to be right first is QB. It’s all about Tua proving he is a franchise QB then we are on our way.

Back
Top Bottom