I like Miami's TE room right now. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Miami's TE room right now.

Here's an idea: Trade Gesicki and our #6 to move up to #3 to get Pitts.

I mean, I fkn Hate that idea, but, it's an idea
😆😅

Question- if we pick Pitts at 6 do we need to draft a WR later? If so, what round?

Discounting Gesicki because of his blocking is out of step with the current game. Yes, everyone would prefer that he be a better blocker ... but nobody wants him blocking very often, because his gifts are wasted if he's not out in the pattern. He's a modern Move TE. Anyone advocating for Kyle Pitts needs to understand that Kyle Pitts is also a Move TE, and trying to convert him to a blocker would be like trying to convert Walter Payton to a blocker ... it's just a waste.

I don't understand why you're so caught up on viewing these as distinct positions only utilizing a singular trait. The current game is all about versatility in its players.

The beauty of that Pats offense was that you had no clue what you were getting from game to game, or even play to play. The could put the same personnel groupings on the field and run it down your throat or spread it out. The Chiefs were the same way, or at least they were when they had a functional offensive line. The key is having skill position players that can do more than just run with or catch the ball.

Question- if we pick Pitts at 6 do we need to draft a WR later? If so, what round?

We would absolutely draft another reciever. But in all likiness it will be in the 2nd round.
#18 is likely an RB like Harris or a DL-type player.

I don't understand why you're so caught up on viewing these as distinct positions only utilizing a singular trait. The current game is all about versatility in its players.

The beauty of that Pats offense was that you had no clue what you were getting from game to game, or even play to play. The could put the same personnel groupings on the field and run it down your throat or spread it out. The Chiefs were the same way, or at least they were when they had a functional offensive line. The key is having skill position players that can do more than just run with or catch the ball.
There definitely is a desire to create positionless players like in basketball, but the 1v1 matchups are different and the zone defenses are different. The football situation requires certain things that I outlined earlier. Getting someone who has truly elite speed (neither Pitts nor Gesicki have Tyreek Hill/Jakeem Grant speed) is not something your versatile group is going to have. Being 6'6 and 250 lbs. precludes people from having that kind of speed and burst. If you had even ONE of those guys he would be unstoppable. Finding 3 or 4 of them to run a positionless offense ... is not being realistic.

The best you can do is field a group of combo players, such that maybe each player posesses two of those skills between Elite Size (6'6 + 250 lbs.), Elite Length (6'6 + 41.5" vertical), Elite Speed (sub 4.4), Elite Change of Direction (3-cone agility metrics), and pair them with guys who can block. At the end of the day this game is about blocking and tackling, and until we fare at least decent in those things the speed and power doesn't really matter.

Yea this is what I'm starting to settle on as well. I think it's Chase unless Cincy takes him in which case we go Smith. Pitts while potentially superior to our current guys is redundant and a luxury pick. 18 while I want Harris I don't see Flo not getting his prefer rushing defender whomever that may be. I'd be fine with a trade up back into the first to ensure we get our RB though,

Back
Top Bottom