I like Ricky, but... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Ricky, but...

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
How boring will the draft be if the deal gets done. It is the only sporting event i look forward to from feb. to sept., and the only picks miami will likely have on the first day are 2 3rd rounders. If the deal is done who do you guys like in the 3rd round? My vote is for Terrence Metcalf. For some reason he has slipped to a projected 3 round pick. The end of the season he was mid to late first round, and now every draft expert has him slipping fast with no explanation. He could add depth at T and G if he doesn't crack the starting line up.

It may be boring, but basically, we are getting Ricky Williams in our 1st round. Thats the way I look at it, and you can't really do any better than that.

3rd rounders haven't always been a bust in the NFL. I think we will pick up an OL, and maybe a LB.

Agreed, look who we got in last years 3rd...

Travis Minor. He performed pretty solidly last season.

Ricky in the first, with an NFL pedegree is better than any brand new draftee.

The plan A that the recruiting team has come up with looks very positive to me.:cool:

Hell, we picked up Larry Chester which will move Daryl Gardener to DE to alleviate the back pain and keep him healthy (bonus). If we get Ricky Williams (BIG bonus). If Olin Kreutz signs with us today which I suspect he will, because ESPN's Pasquerelli said "Kreutz met with the organization on Tuesday and will meet the media on Wednesday" sounds very promising to me (read between the lines with me here)(BIG bonus) ;) . And now the Fins are persuing Blaine Bishop or Victor Green (preferrably Green) to replace Marion if we can't get him back is great too. Jamie Nails is signed for depth, Ruddy may be moved to RG.

With all of this happening, we don't have to draft for needs. We only have to draft for depth and hopefully find that diamond in the rough that will take the NFL by storm.

Now I know most of this hasn't happened yet, but the odds are greatly in our favor for it to fall our way. If all of this goes our way the draft will be nothing but a luxury for us because our team will be defined this week.

GO FINS!

we'll still need to draft

another DB to replace Cousins and work on S-T as well as LB since we lost Gaylon and possibly even a P if we do not sign one.

Well, I dont know about the draft, but this is about the most exciting offseason I've experienced. The thought of trading for Ricky Williams as our 1st round pick, and signing Kreutz, and Chester as second rounders, then getting 2 third round picks in the actual draft, is just awesome! Its all in the way you percieve things my brotha. The cups half full on this side homie! Look out world!

Originally posted by Dajesus
How boring will the draft be if the deal gets done. It is the only sporting event i look forward to from feb. to sept., and the only picks miami will likely have on the first day are 2 3rd rounders. If the deal is done who do you guys like in the 3rd round? My vote is for Terrence Metcalf. For some reason he has slipped to a projected 3 round pick. The end of the season he was mid to late first round, and now every draft expert has him slipping fast with no explanation. He could add depth at T and G if he doesn't crack the starting line up.

I would definately be happy w/ Terrance Metcalf in the 3rd, but will he be there? I doubt it:nono:

And how do we now have 2 3rd round draft picks?

Re: we'll still need to draft

Originally posted by dolphan39
another DB to replace Cousins and work on S-T as well as LB since we lost Gaylon and possibly even a P if we do not sign one.

Fletcher is taking over his spot and Gamble will be taking Fletchers spot. We do what we did last year and we sign some minimum guy for the 5th spot.

Hold on if we get the Saints 3rd wouldnt we have 3 3rd rounders. 1 from Miami 1 from New Orleans 1 from compensatory (i dont know how you spell it).

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
Hold on if we get the Saints 3rd wouldnt we have 3 3rd rounders. 1 from Miami 1 from New Orleans 1 from compensatory (i dont know how you spell it).

I don't think we are going to be given a 3rd in a comp pick. Maybe a 5th, but we will have wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom