I like Vonnie Holliday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Vonnie Holliday

I'm really excited about Holliday AND Carter They're both Great additions, and will make our front 7 a LOT better. Like the dude up there said, Holliday did play on one of the absolute worst defenses in the NFL, and it's hard when opposing O-lines are focusing on you (Just ask Ogunleye) I could definitely see Holliday having a GREAT year like Ogun did on the opposite side of Taylor

Taylor makes scrubs look like all-pros on a consistant basis.. He will make Carter and Holliday, who actually have talent, look awesome imo.

So does anybody know if Carter is going to start at DE or DT?

o.O

/me looks at you all strangely

Holliday's going to play maybe 30% of snaps if that and be in there for run downs. I'll be amazed if he gets 1 sack on the season. He'll mainly be playing the run. The guy isn't that good. He's not a passrusher.

Dolphins17-0 said:
a "completely honest" vonnie holliday would have said... I was God Awful, but sub par will suffice

Yea right buddy. "I was sub par" is the closest you're ever gonne hear an athlete come to god awful. He has my full respect for admitting to playing horrible. Anyone else would have signed a new agent and gone for a bigger signing bonus. It's a humle approach I think is very refreshing.

Sub Par Defense OK but Holliday was extremly Sub Par. He got beaten by a 4th Round Draft Pick who was supposed to be a Long Snapper/DE.

cad said:
Sub Par Defense OK but Holliday was extremly Sub Par. He got beaten by a 4th Round Draft Pick who was supposed to be a Long Snapper/DE.

4th round draft pick who had nine sacks and only started 10 games.

I am going to go ahead and warn you guys not to get too excited when Holliday gets three sacks the first game of the season. You will be pretty dismayed when he is mediocre for the rest of the season.

PhinDude88 said:
I feel that Holliday is a very underrated player. He was with a horrible defense in the past 2 years and people are judgeing him because of that. I hope that he will prove everybody that he can play like an animal.

Give me a break.

How much of Holliday did you watch on the Chiefs? He overpursued every bootleg, tried to make too many arm tackles and had zero pass rush moves except for a bull rush.

The Chiefs defense was horrible BECAUSE of players like Vonnie Holliday - guys who didn't show up on Sunday but talked a big game during the week before the game.

The Bad Guy said:
Give me a break.

How much of Holliday did you watch on the Chiefs? He overpursued every bootleg, tried to make too many arm tackles and had zero pass rush moves except for a bull rush.

The Chiefs defense was horrible BECAUSE of players like Vonnie Holliday - guys who didn't show up on Sunday but talked a big game during the week before the game.

Are you a Chiefs fan?

The Bad Guy said:
Give me a break.

Its kind of strange that when Holliday was with the Pack he did good there, but when he went to the Cheifs he started to play bad :hmmm: It sounds like the defense to me.

finsgonewild said:
im excited about this team. I think he could be one of the players who suprises this year

He was a highly regarded player when he played for Green Bay. It was GB wasn't it?

PhinDude88 said:
Its kind of strange that when Holliday was with the Pack he did good there, but when he went to the Cheifs he started to play bad :hmmm: It sounds like the defense to me.

Yes, obviously the defense made him play horribly. He will now go the ProBowl now that he is a Dolphin.

Sarcastro said:
Yes, obviously the defense made him play horribly. He will now go the ProBowl now that he is a Dolphin.

Thats not what i am trying to say. Some guys arent made for some systems and it seemed like that Holliday just doesnt fit in with the Chefis defense. I am only saying that he played bad because he didnt have anybody that great to play with and the system wasnt for him. Now i dont know how Holliday will do for us, but i think that he will improve from the last two years.

PhinDude88 said:
Thats not what i am trying to say. Some guys arent made for some systems and it seemed like that Holliday just doesnt fit in with the Chefis defense. I am only saying that he played bad because he didnt have anybody that great to play with and the system was for him. Now i dont know how Holliday will do for us, but i think that he will improve from the last two years.

I agree. In Miami Vonnie won't be counted on to be "the guy" because he'll be helped by J.T. and K.C. which will be a huge help to him. With defences not able to focus all of their attentions on him he'll thrive in my opinion. He may not be much of a pash rusher but when you have Taylor and Carter to count on for that having Vonnie around to stuff the run will give our D-Line some nice versatility.

Back
Top Bottom