I like Vonnie Holliday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Vonnie Holliday

PhinDude88 said:
Its kind of strange that when Holliday was with the Pack he did good there, but when he went to the Cheifs he started to play bad :hmmm: It sounds like the defense to me.

The Chiefs had TWO different defensive philosophies and 2 different coordinators when Vonnie was here and he sucked both times.

Vonnie's replacement racked up 9 sacks in 10 games. Why couldn't Vonnie rack up any sacks? He had 3 in his first game and just 2.2 in 24 games after that.

He couldn't rack up anything because he's not any good. He was decent at one time, but those days are gone.

You guys can hype him all you want now that he's a Dolphin, but watch him on the field every week before you go nuts over him.

He's nothing special.

The Bad Guy said:
The Chiefs had TWO different defensive philosophies and 2 different coordinators when Vonnie was here and he sucked both times.

Vonnie's replacement racked up 9 sacks in 10 games. Why couldn't Vonnie rack up any sacks? He had 3 in his first game and just 2.2 in 24 games after that.

He couldn't rack up anything because he's not any good. He was decent at one time, but those days are gone.

You guys can hype him all you want now that he's a Dolphin, but watch him on the field every week before you go nuts over him.

He's nothing special.

Again, Jason Taylor made Lorenzo Brommell, Kenny Mixon, David Bowens, and Adewale Ogunleye look like All-Pros.. He can do the same for Vonnie, even if he has lost a step.

SkapePhin said:
Again, Jason Taylor made Lorenzo Brommell, Kenny Mixon, David Bowens, and Adewale Ogunleye look like All-Pros.. He can do the same for Vonnie, even if he has lost a step.

End Of Quote :wink: Right on the money my brother.

Vonnie Holiday was drafted by Green Bay in a Miami trade down with Green Bay. Miami traded their 20th pick for Green Bays' 28th pick and other picks. Green Bay takes Holiday and Jimmy Johnson take John Avery RB (Bust). And by the way Randy Moss was available with that 20th pick and would have been there had Miami stayed. Of course Green Bay let him go to Minnasota a couple of picks later and the rest is history. Funny Holiday makes his way back to Miami.

PhinDude88 said:
I feel that Holliday is a very underrated player. He was with a horrible defense in the past 2 years and people are judgeing him because of that. I hope that he will prove everybody that he can play like an animal.
defenses do not make the player, players make the defense.
if he was on a horrible defense, part of it is because he played horrible. or 'sub-par like he says'... he didn't play as well as rook jared allen last year. what does that say about him?

JCfinfan said:
At this time of the year, there is no question the mental attitude of this team is excellent. Holliday, JT, Carter, A.J. What a turnaround. Now lets all hope this carries on to the field.
who cares if his mental attitude is great. if he plays as bad as he did for the chiefs last year, you guys will not like him in a year. i liked him when he came in to the chiefs, too... now i don't like him because so much hype came up around him and he did bad... just like he 'MAY' do for the fins... for your sake, i hope not.

touborg said:
Yea right buddy. "I was sub par" is the closest you're ever gonne hear an athlete come to god awful. He has my full respect for admitting to playing horrible. Anyone else would have signed a new agent and gone for a bigger signing bonus. It's a humle approach I think is very refreshing.
how many players, the year after their worst season ever hire a new agent to get a huge bonus? if they do, they will not get picked up... not by anyone they want ot pick them up, and definitely not for the price they want.

byroan said:
Are you a Chiefs fan?[/QUOUTE]
who cares if he is? if he is, he will know the most about how the chiefs defense played last year... not you who rags on chiefs fans all day long.

A good friend of mine is a big Packers fan and he's been telling me ever since we got Vonnie that we got a helluva player.

PhinDude88 said:
Thats not what i am trying to say. Some guys arent made for some systems and it seemed like that Holliday just doesnt fit in with the Chefis defense. I am only saying that he played bad because he didnt have anybody that great to play with and the system wasnt for him. Now i dont know how Holliday will do for us, but i think that he will improve from the last two years.
fundamentals like overpursuit and arm tackling and no pass rush don't have much to do with schemes... they mean the player kinda sucks. he had allen on the other end of the line who played 5x better last year.
dont' expect improvement... not much. though, he is across from taylor, so they'll DT taylor and leave him open, so maybe he will get 5 sacks this year...

General Grimmac said:
byroan said:
Are you a Chiefs fan?[/QUOUTE]
who cares if he is? if he is, he will know the most about how the chiefs defense played last year... not you who rags on chiefs fans all day long.

I care. Which is why I asked. I've never ragged on a Chief fan. :shakeno:

DolphinDevil28 said:
One word why Holliday will be way better here in Miami than he was in KC.

Coaching.
so this excellent coaching (if it's so good) will bench him...

SpeedRush99 said:
A good friend of mine is a big Packers fan and he's been telling me ever since we got Vonnie that we got a helluva player.

Don't tell that to the Chiefs fans.

Back
Top Bottom