I like Vonnie Holliday | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Vonnie Holliday

byroan said:
General Grimmac said:
I care. Which is why I asked. I've never ragged on a Chief fan. :shakeno:
ok, you may not. but that's a favorite past-time for dolphins fans... at least on their own boards... lol
we're kinda outnumbered...:wink:

byroan said:
Don't tell that to the Chiefs fans.
i was sooo excited when he came to the chiefs... i thought he was good. the past 2 years have proved my assumptions wrong though. i hope he does well in miami, i really do. just don't get your hopes too high, or you'll see them fall like we did. trying to save ya a lil heartache.

General Grimmac said:
i was sooo excited when he came to the chiefs... i thought he was good. the past 2 years have proved my assumptions wrong though. i hope he does well in miami, i really do. just don't get your hopes too high, or you'll see them fall like we did. trying to save ya a lil heartache.

I don't have any hopes for him. I have hopes for Carter but not Holliday because I know he'll do just fine opposite of Taylor. There's a reason Saban signed him, we'll just have to wait and see what the reason was.

General Grimmac said:
byroan said:
ok, you may not. but that's a favorite past-time for dolphins fans... at least on their own boards... lol
we're kinda outnumbered...:wink:

I prefer to rag on Pats, Jets, and Bills fans. :wink:

Oh and Panthers fans. :lol:

General Grimmac said:

Were not really expecting him to do much though. At least I'm not. From what I'm gathering is that he will play DE in the 3-4 scheme when we occassionally do it and he will be part of the tackle/DE rotation on running downs. I'm honestly not expecting him to be in more then 25-30% of the plays and mainly just to shore up the run.

SkapePhin said:
Again, Jason Taylor made Lorenzo Brommell, Kenny Mixon, David Bowens, and Adewale Ogunleye look like All-Pros.. He can do the same for Vonnie, even if he has lost a step.

Oh, so Jason Taylor can make him wrap up and tackle a running back?

Vonnie also is terribly slow as a DE. Is Taylor going to send him some of his speed too?

The Bad Guy said:
Oh, so Jason Taylor can make him wrap up and tackle a running back?

Vonnie also is terribly slow as a DE. Is Taylor going to send him some of his speed too?

Well if he doesn't he'll be riding the bench most of the time. He signed a near min vet contract so the risk is negligible. He's more of a security blanket anyways in case Bowens can't go and they don't draft any linemen.

Jason Taylor does take up double and even triple teams at times. Vonnie will never have to face more then one guy at a time. Especially if Bowens is back and plays well since Bowens can eat up the center/guard.

Ogun was never and will never be better then Holiday OR Carter.....and he had an a$$ load of sacks......this is gonna be a top D line IMO

Holliday is here to be primarily a run stopper which he excellent at doing. Defensive ends do more than just rush the passer....Miami's defense was terrible vs the run...Holliday can help us there. I don't care if gets zero sacks if he helps Miami return to the top 10 against the run.

VanDolPhan said:
Well if he doesn't he'll be riding the bench most of the time. He signed a near min vet contract so the risk is negligible. He's more of a security blanket anyways in case Bowens can't go and they don't draft any linemen.

Jason Taylor does take up double and even triple teams at times. Vonnie will never have to face more then one guy at a time. Especially if Bowens is back and plays well since Bowens can eat up the center/guard.

Vonnie never saw more than 1 lineman in KC either and he couldn't get around them.

Hey, I understand your point. He's little risk and I know everyone is optimistic about new players.

Gladsadmad said:
Holliday is here to be primarily a run stopper which he excellent at doing. Defensive ends do more than just rush the passer....Miami's defense was terrible vs the run...Holliday can help us there. I don't care if gets zero sacks if he helps Miami return to the top 10 against the run.

Excellent at doing?

He was once a good run-stopper, he couldn't of stopped my grandmother running at him the last 2 years.

The Chiefs defense was terrible against the run with Holliday as a starter. If you get a chance, look at all the 2003 numbers and then look at the 2004 stats when he went to the bench before the Atlanta game.

touborg said:
"I was sub par". Fair enough. No "they screwed me over regarding the contract", no "I played at 90% because of injuries". Plain and simple "I was sub par".

It's rare you see a completely honest athelete.

I hope he does well for us.

Edit: Pardon the spelling error.
I think he'll gets into the starting lineup because of Timbo's injury.

He can't be that bad if he went to the pro bowl with Green Bay a few years back. Maybe he just needs to get fired up again?

The Bad Guy said:
Excellent at doing?

He was once a good run-stopper, he couldn't of stopped my grandmother running at him the last 2 years.

The Chiefs defense was terrible against the run with Holliday as a starter. If you get a chance, look at all the 2003 numbers and then look at the 2004 stats when he went to the bench before the Atlanta game.
So, in your estimation Saban signed Holliday because he's completely useless? He can't stop the run...he can't rush the passer...he's injury prone...and yet Saban watched game film and determined that Holliday is someone that he wanted on his team...you're right..Saban is wrong..Holliday sucks....I guess he's supposed to be a one man team in KC?..I'm sure that he was surrounded by top talent..and he was the weak link that caused the Chiefs to be porous vs the run?

You win this round.. :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom