I Like What I See.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Like What I See....

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
We're actually lookin good out there. We already got more wins than last year...so far i like what i see...

Offense: We look like we dont have a problem moving the ball. Ronnie Brown had a good day. Ronnie looks alot more explosive than Ricky. It seems like Ricky doesnt find or hit the holes quickly enough. The wildcat formation was still working effectively. We didnt use it as much as we did against the Pats 2 weeks ago but Ronnie finds the holes and gets like 5 a carry. I hear all the time about Penningtons weak arm but hes accurate and he hits guys to get the first down. Its nice to have a QB who doesnt make stupid decisions for a change. He throws the ball away when hes gotta, he doesnt try to force it. I think hes doing a good job at running the offense. Camarillo, Ginn and Fasano were all getting open. Ginn finally showed up today and showed he can make some plays. Camarillo is pretty good, hes not a star WR in the league but he works hard to get open and he can catch the ball...thats more than u can say for Hagan. I like Fasano, hes a good big target over the middle for Pennington. He had that one drop today in that big situation but usually he hangs on to it. The offensive line looks good. They were giving Pennington a good amount of time to find an open receiver and they were opening holes to let Ronnie pick up 120 something yards. Overall the offense looks pretty good, Im happy with the way we've been moving the ball. Its nice to not have to see Brandon Fields come running out everytime.

Defense: They looked aggressive today. A good pass rush, good coverage, some big pass deflections. Bell was everywhere, hes really a good safety. He made that beautiful tip away right at the end. Goodman made some good plays, he knocked one out of Chambers hands. I was scared on that bomb where he overthrew that guy. That was the only breakdown that i can remember but overall the coverage seemed alot better than it did the first 2 weeks of the season. Joey Porter is finally playin good again. Last year i felt like i never saw him makin tackles or gettin a pass rush goin. Roth, Crowder and the whole D line also did a great job of pass rushing and stopping the run. At one point Ronnie Brown had 5 yards less than their total yards. I was bad mouthing the secondary the past few weeks but today they really proved me wrong. They really looked like they knew what they were doing and where they were supposed to be. The D had that huge goal line stop, that was play of the game in my opinion.

Special Teams: I dont really have much to say about special teams. Bess had that fumble and i was pissed that they were right back in it just like that. Carpenter hooked that kick...those 3 points wouldve definately been nice to have. I was sweatin it out at the end. If Ronnie doesnt make that first down at the end they wouldve had another shot to score.

Overall, I like what i see. Its a whole new team from last year and it looks like these guys are finally startin to play like a team. Theyre makin plays when they need them. In past years we'd see the defense on the field most of the game while the offense would go 3 and out. The offense is moving the ball and putting points up. We've always had a good D but when theyre on the field the whole game the other teams bound to score points. Im so happy to finally see that we do have the potential to win games. After week 1 it was a close one that i thought we shoulve won and then we got blown out week 2 by the Cardinals. After that game i was thinkin how i couldnt believe it was going to be another year like last year. Well now we've won 2 in a row and it looks like we can keep doing it. I cant believe i was reading threads a couple weeks ago about we should trade Ronnie Brown. Ronnie is a great running back when u open up the field with the passing game. He can run for 100 every week and be in the top 5 for yards with the other elite backs in the NFL. We got the Texans next week...hopefully we just keep playing with the intensity and keep up that style of play.

Back
Top Bottom