I lost a lot of respect for Zach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I lost a lot of respect for Zach

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
"I'd rather be 1-15 for a year and get some people in here. "

So, a professional athlete wishes for an entire franchised to go 1-15 now. And you really wonder why 25,000 playoff tickets were available.

How about you say: "I want to win so badly, so my brother-in-law and I return 2 million dollars each of our huge salary to bring in some talent".

Heck no...Zach needs a couple more cars...so let's tank a season.

that's what every Bills fan is saying "I am glad we were 3-13 and getting a nice juicy draft pick rather than getting embarassed in the playoffs". Zach is the man - take his words for what they are - frustration and heart-felt. The guy had 22 tackles and he was hurtin' bad. He is the last guy who case we should be - how about Madison - how many INT did he have for his millions ?

zachs a winner, and he's just frustrated... i'll tell u one thing, i wont lose respect for a guy that has that many tackles and plays hurt like he did yesterday...he is the heart and soul of that defense and he is upset just like the whole team and all the fans...if we had a man like zach at every position...can u say 16-0 and a superbowl title?

I do like him for his heart and dedication but I think it is obscene for any professional athlete who makes 4 or 5 million a year wishing to go 1-15 while they are bargaining for every cent like they are playing for the national wage minimum $6/hour.

Frustration or not: why not say out of frustration "I donate 2 million from my next salary".

I can tell you why: because saying "wish for a 1-15 season" will be labeled as a "frustration statement". An offer to donate salary might be taken serious. And we can't have that.

Yet it is just fair to slash the own fans.....ouch...I sat through that miserable performance. It was a disgrace. Why not persue your own team mates to give back some of the salary for this season. We pay them (the D) championship money and according to Taylor and Zach we aren't a championship D.

Madison: I do agree...he ain't worth it this year either....

3-13: won't guarantee success in the future..........with every draft pick you take a chance...you can get a Moss or a Chambers, you can get a Leaf or a Manning.....do I like to gamble with a "tanked" 1-15 season....heck no...

it c/b worse...

look at baseball where a guy who has done nothing in the playoffs is getting a $90 million, five-year contract.

at least Zach cares.

PS -we could never go 1-15 since we always win at least 2 games in Sept. :p

lol...no one threw the ball to Madison's guy. Can't pick off passes that aren't thrown your way.

Zach's statement was garbage that he needed to spew out. Kind of like us after a frustrating loss bickering at each other about why, and who needs to be replaced.

1-15 gets you a top draft pick, but I ask you this; if last season we went 1-15, and took Chris Chambers with the first pick, and Travis Minor with the second pick, and Morlon Greenwood (who has come on in the last few games to shine) at number three...would you consider it a success?

We need an O.C. with some balls. A guy who uses the talent available to him.

If Konrad, and Minor are such great receivers out of the backfield, why aren't they used more? Stick Chambers in the backfield, and set him in motion. get him locked up on a L.B.

What about Lamar, and Minor both in the backfield in a pro set, and fake the hand off to Lamar, while pitching the ball to Minor out wide?

Yadda Yadda Yadda...maybe I should apply for the job? lol

Originally posted by dolfan87
maybe I should apply for the job? lol
'87 for OC - can I be the 3rd down back coach ? :lol:

Originally posted by dolfan87
lol...no one threw the ball to Madison's guy. Can't pick off passes that aren't thrown your way.

Well said 87. That is a completely ridiculous comment. Madison did what he was suppose to do. SHUT DOWN HIS SIDE OF THE FIELD. Nobody wants to challenge Sam, they rather throw to Surtain and hope they get a pass interference (which he led the league in for DBs) Everyone else knew that. If they didn't, he wouldn't be a Pro Bowl Starter. I believe Madison is a team player and he loves Miami. He will restructure his contract this offseason. WATCH.

so the reason Sam dropped INTs a couple times this year was because he did not have enough practice being thrown at. :confused: For what Sam is making he needs to be a playmaker when given the chance - and yes he is a great CB.

Maybe we need to trade Pat to improve our overall team - if we can sign Cousins - though somehow I know we will lose Jamar, Cousins or Sam to injury if we do that. :(

I understand how Zach feels...

He is tired of being a PRETENDER rather than a CONTENDER. Going 11-5 for the second straight year is nothing if you continue to flounder in the playoffs(for the fourth consecutive year). To me, its no different than going 5-11. He's tired of it. BUT, you cannot deny his commitment to his team and to the game. He plays injured and is with out a doubt the hardest working player on the Fins. He has restructured his contract at least once already (maybe twice, I'm not sure) for the good of his team. I don't understand how anyone can question how he feels. This guy has put everything he got into this team.

You said, "And you wonder why 25,000 playoff tickets were available". That happened before any comment was made by Zach. How do you think Zach feels when he puts his injured neck on the line for a bunch of fans who don't even appreciate the fact that they made it to playoffs and trying to win the Super Bowl? Huh!

not to mention

Zach and JT will be a little closer than most teammates in sports these days since they are like Bro's now. Both guys have shown plenty of heart and cannot be criticized for anything they have said or done because of what they did on the field.

The there was ever a guy since Dan that I want to see retire a Fin, it is Zach.

I remember those drops too. But drops happen, and not anyone in the Fins defensive backfield was exempt from that (including our WR's and RB's). I agree he's got to make those catches, but nobody is perfect. No matter what, he still shuts down half the field every game drops or no drops.

Re: not to mention

Originally posted by dolphan39
Zach and JT will be a little closer than most teammates in sports these days since they are like Bro's now. Both guys have shown plenty of heart and cannot be criticized for anything they have said or done because of what they did on the field.

The there was ever a guy since Dan that I want to see retire a Fin, it is Zach.

AMEN!:D

Re: 39

I expect more from him since he has had so many INTs and even played WR in college, but **** happens.

Back
Top Bottom