I Love This Team!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Love This Team!!

That is impressive and all but there are a lot of QBs that look great with a clean pocket. Pocket is rarely ever clean.

Now dont get it wrong if Rosen balls out we win too as we have 3 picks and can use that to build around Rosen, but he has a log way to go still and it is not all on the OL

I agree, but not once on this forum have I seen someone say, "Well, the WRs aren't playing well, but the QB isn't doing them any favors either." It's always everybody's fault but Rosen's. That's what I don't like. It shouldn't be taboo to criticize the QB too.
For crying out load, the WR have dropped more balls then he’s missed a open WR. I’m not a Rosen fan, but come on.

That’s like saying the Pats team makes Brady look good

I like Brady, and though I don't think he is the best ever or a top 5 alltime, I think he is a very smart QB, and among the greats, BUT, Brady would not have been as successful, if he had not been on Belechick coached team...there is a reason, everytime he has gone down, the Pats still were very competitive.

I think both Brady and Belechick benefited from each other.

I like Brady, and though I don't think he is the best ever or a top 5 alltime, I think he is a very smart QB, and among the greats, BUT, Brady would not have been as successful, if he had not been on Belechick coached team...there is a reason, everytime he has gone down, the Pats still were very competitive.

I think both Brady and Belechick benefited from each other.

I mean that's true with any QB in history...how successful would Dan Marino have been if he was drafted by the Cardinals or Bucs?

Brady doesn't win as many SB's without Bill but Bill doesn't win as many SB's without Brady.

I mean that's true with any QB in history...how successful would Dan Marino have been if he was drafted by the Cardinals or Bucs?

Brady doesn't win as many SB's without Bill but Bill doesn't win as many SB's without Brady.

True, but here is the difference, with the type of QB Dan was compared to Brady.

There would have been VERY FEW teams Dan would not have shown some to plenty of success with, while Tom would have needed special situations to win.

Dan won without a running game or defence... Brady needs that running game and defence.

Dan could beat you if you blitzed, successfully pressured with a few men, or if dropped back extra coverage pressuring with only a few players (after seeing it in the SB that once successfully beat him)...Tom if you pressure him, becomes a different QB.

I know what you mean, and somewhat agree that if your great, you will succeed elsewhere, but there are different levels of great also...Some QB just can't be game planned, no mattter where they are.

That is impressive and all but there are a lot of QBs that look great with a clean pocket. Pocket is rarely ever clean.

Now dont get it wrong if Rosen balls out we win too as we have 3 picks and can use that to build around Rosen, but he has a log way to go still and it is not all on the OL
This. If they wanted a guy who excels when everything around him is perfect, they would've hung on to Tannehill.

For crying out load, the WR have dropped more balls then he’s missed a open WR. I’m not a Rosen fan, but come on.
He's top 3 in the league in highest percentage of uncatchable passes so...

He's top 3 in the league in highest percentage of uncatchable passes so...
And yet he’s one of the highest rated passers in the league from clean pocket.
This was in a tweet above my response to you.

From a clean pocket, Josh Rosen's on-target throw percentage is higher than Tom Brady's. His Independent QB Rating, which isolates QB play from other factors, is 111.4. That's higher than Rivers, Watson, Rodgers, Wentz & Mayfield.

So....

And yet he’s one of the highest rated passers in the league from clean pocket.
This was in a tweet above my response to you.

From a clean pocket, Josh Rosen's on-target throw percentage is higher than Tom Brady's. His Independent QB Rating, which isolates QB play from other factors, is 111.4. That's higher than Rivers, Watson, Rodgers, Wentz & Mayfield.

So....
I've posted about the same thing. So his QB rating in a clean pocket this year, in 2 starts, is among the best in the league.

Last season, in THIRTEEN starts, he was the worst rated QB in the entire league in a clean pocket.

Which is it? Is it just because of his small sample size this year or did he improve? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

We will find out soon enough, but you pounding the table right now is a little premature don’t you think.

We will find out soon enough, but you pounding the table right now is a little premature don’t you think.
When isn't it considered premature? After this season? All I'm going by is what I've seen thus far and he hasn't been good.

When isn't it considered premature? After this season? All I'm going by is what I've seen thus far and he hasn't been good.
So you’re judging him on a shet show in Arizona,
Again the whole team in Arizona sucked and there’s really no debating that. And now you’re judging him on the shet show here. And there’s no debating that this team sucks. So are you really looking at this objectively.

So you’re judging him on a shet show in Arizona,
Again the whole team in Arizona sucked and there’s really no debating that. And now you’re judging him on the shet show here. And there’s no debating that this team sucks. So are you really looking at this objectively.
Hey, man. If your acceptable standard for QB play is a career high of 252 yards in a season's worth of starts then you do you. I really don't care who he is around him at that point. I'm over the excuses.

I've spent the last decade+ arguing with people about why Fiedler wasn't good, why Henne wasn't good, why Tannehill wasn't good, and now why Rosen isn't good. It's never going to change. People are always going to make excuses for them and give them an insane amount of leeway for no reason whatsoever.

Hey, man. If your acceptable standard for QB play is a career high of 252 yards in a season's worth of starts then you do you. I really don't care who he is around him at that point. I'm over the excuses.

I've spent the last decade+ arguing with people about why Fiedler wasn't good, why Henne wasn't good, why Tannehill wasn't good, and now why Rosen isn't good. It's never going to change. People are always going to make excuses for them and give them an insane amount of leeway for no reason whatsoever.
I guess reading comprehension is something you have trouble with because I clearly said I wasn’t a Rosen fan, but I’m not blind of the situation like you. You look like a complete fool with the stance you’re taking after 2 games.
Pound you chest on how right you are, because in reality you look silly.

I guess reading comprehension is something you have trouble with because I clearly said I wasn’t a Rosen fan, but I’m not blind of the situation like you. You look like a complete fool with the stance you’re taking after 2 games.
Pound you chest on how right you are, because in reality you look silly.
You literally asked me if it was premature to write off Rosen after "2 games". He's started 15. I gave my opinion. It would require reading comprehension from yourself to critique anybody else's, but sure, I'm the one that looks silly.

See you at the end of the season with the final judgment, dudeski. I'm sure it'll change.

Back
Top Bottom