I Love This Team!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Love This Team!!

True, but here is the difference, with the type of QB Dan was compared to Brady.

There would have been VERY FEW teams Dan would not have shown some to plenty of success with, while Tom would have needed special situations to win.

Dan won without a running game or defence... Brady needs that running game and defence.

Dan could beat you if you blitzed, successfully pressured with a few men, or if dropped back extra coverage pressuring with only a few players (after seeing it in the SB that once successfully beat him)...Tom if you pressure him, becomes a different QB.

I know what you mean, and somewhat agree that if your great, you will succeed elsewhere, but there are different levels of great also...Some QB just can't be game planned, no mattter where they are.

But Brady doesn't need that running game and defense to win at least not to the extent you're insinuating. Three times in his career Brady had a defense and run game simultaneously rank outside the top 10. 2002: 28th in run & 17th in defense--2005: 24th in run & 17th in defense--2011: 20th in run and 15th in defense, their combined recorder those 3 years are 32-16. As a comparison from 2016-2018 the Cowboys have the 4th best record in the NFL at 32-16. Furthermore in 2015 with the 30th ranked rushing offense the Pats went 12-4, and the Pats have only had a top 10 rushing offense 8 times during Brady's career.

Clearly Brady has never had to deal with a truly bad defense at worst his defenses have been mediocre but never terrible so it's hard to gauge how he would do with a bad defense but I would suspect he wouldn't fair well since that's what history tells us. Although the Patriots are the only team in the last 10 years to have a winning record when give up 21+ points so maybe he'd do better than expected.

Dan did not win without a running game and defense, no QB can at least not consistently. Elite QB's can usually pick up the slack for the run game but no QB can overcome a bad run game on top of a bad defense. His 1st 3 years (83-85) his defense never ranked lower than 12th and he made the playoffs all 3 years even with an average to sub par run game. The second he got shackled with a bad run game and a bad defense the Dolphins missed the playoffs from 86-89, than in 1990 he has the 4th ranked defense and they go 12-4 even with the 22nd ranked rush offense. 1991 again a bad defense & run game and again they miss the playoffs. 1994 17th ranked defense but also 13th ranked rushing offense so a little more balanced help all around similar to the 2011 Pats. Anyways point being he was not winning consistently with a bad defense hence all the times he missed the playoffs when his defense ranked in the 20s.

You literally asked me if it was premature to write off Rosen after "2 games". He's started 15. I gave my opinion. It would require reading comprehension from yourself to critique anybody else's, but sure, I'm the one that looks silly.

See you at the end of the season with the final judgment, dudeski. I'm sure it'll change.

your opinion is a little premature, and
you completely ignore the facts. ( that’s easy in a narrative way) .
How many times do I have to tell you lm not a Rosen fan.
Have fun with that and spin away.
You went from pounding the table to pounding your chest about your QB knowledge, everyone knew Fiedler pick six sucked, and Henne everyone pretty much saw his ceiling, but you seem to think you saw it before anyone else. Please...

your opinion is a little premature, and (Which is actually just your opinion also.)
you completely ignore the facts. ( that’s easy in a narrative way) . (Haven't ignored anything as I responded saying that it's either small sample size or he's improved and we'll find out soon.)
How many times do I have to tell you lm not a Rosen fan. (We're talking about whether my opinion is premature so I don't even know how the hell you're inferring that's what I'm saying.)
Have fun with that and spin away.
You went from pounding the table to pounding your chest about your QB knowledge, everyone knew Fiedler pick six sucked, and Henne everyone pretty much saw his ceiling, but you seem to think you saw it before anyone else. Please... ("Everyone pretty much saw his ceiling..." Might be the biggest lie yet. I guess the many months I spent arguing that he was terrible on forums against an army of QB cheerleaders just like here was all in my head. Complete revisionist history.)
To save both of us some time, I'll recap this convo with a final response.

Me: Rosen isn't very good.
You: That's a little premature, no?
Me: No.

Oh look at me, l’m Mr Football. I know more about football then anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom