I"m a bit leery of this sudden leak from the F.O. on Ireland. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I"m a bit leery of this sudden leak from the F.O. on Ireland.

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Unless Ross is the most incompetent dufus on on the planet, the Texans game should have come as no surprise. Ross never got out in front of it. Suddenly we lose the game the entire world knew we were going to lose and NOW ross leaks his dissatisfaction with Ireland. Something Stinks here. I know a lot of you guys say Ross really cares because he spends money. That means nothing. If you spend 150K on a Ford Focus and just expect it to run like a Ferrari because you spent so much money your an idiot. And where is the Local Media. There are very few if any stories critical of Ross's responsibility in all of this mess. So why now are all the news sites abuzz with this supposed story or Irelands demise? If Ross thinks one leaked threat is going to fill the stands he is sorely mistaken. What'a you guys think?

Unless Ross is the most incompetent dufus on on the planet, the Texans game should have come as no surprise. Ross never got out in front of it. Suddenly we lose the game the entire world knew we were going to lose and NOW ross leaks his dissatisfaction with Ireland. Something Stinks here. I know a lot of you guys say Ross really cares because he spends money. That means nothing. If you spend 150K on a Ford Focus and just expect it to run like a Ferrari because you spent so much money your an idiot. And where is the Local Media. There are very few if any stories critical of Ross's responsibility in all of this mess. So why now are all the news sites abuzz with this supposed story or Irelands demise? If Ross thinks one leaked threat is going to fill the stands he is sorely mistaken. What'a you guys think?
Actually the Barry Jackson report and quotes came Saturday night, before the Texans game even was played.

Fact is Ireland has been with this team a long time..It has talent. We have been sticking with some of the best teams in the land the last few years..So we know there is talent...Randy Starks and the D were having a pretty good game until their Qb put them in awful situations. Ryan has to improve for this team to be successful. Jeff is indeed on the hot seat even though we have a Rookie qb and the D has been built very well the offense has suffered..It is only game 1 but Jeff and the coaching staff have to be feeling the pressure..No deep threat, poor protection, erractic accuracy from their qb and a whole lot of drops. The plus side is that Miami can bounce back...we can get better..

Seems like we have been saying that since 2007

Fact is Ireland has been with this team a long time..It has talent. We have been sticking with some of the best teams in the land the last few years..So we know there is talent...Randy Starks and the D were having a pretty good game until their Qb put them in awful situations. Ryan has to improve for this team to be successful. Jeff is indeed on the hot seat even though we have a Rookie qb and the D has been built very well the offense has suffered..It is only game 1 but Jeff and the coaching staff have to be feeling the pressure..No deep threat, poor protection, erractic accuracy from their qb and a whole lot of drops. The plus side is that Miami can bounce back...we can get better..

Seems like we have been saying that since 2007

The problem is the talent we have is at the least signifigant spots on the field for the most part.

The top 4 areas to have talent if you want to win in the NFL are....

1. QB obviously
2t. WR
2t. CB and DB in general
4. Guys who bring heat on the the QB be it from LB or DL.

Running the ball and stopping the run just arent nearly as signifigant. Its not as if you cant win that way, its just with all the rule changes and how the game is played now, those aspects are a lot less signifigant.

Look at where our best talent is offensively. Its all on the OL. Defensively, Wake is our only true pass rusher. Starks is an animal and a great player to have. He is one of the top 5 interior DLmen in the league if you ask me. But, that just isnt enough to win.

Ireland has been a mediocre GM at best. That is not good enough. IMHO, Ross firing Ireland would be his best move to date as an owner.
I concur, Ross should have started fresh when he got rid of Sparano. Getting rid of both might have given us a different staff too.
Ireland has had 2-3 drafts now, and the team is still full of holes. Trading Marshall was a mistake.

Ross is in charge of a continuous PR nightmare.
There is an idea that is being cultivated by the media and fan base that Ireland is above the law.
This statement is designed to appease those fears.

Nothing will happen until the end of the season. Regardless.

Our defense is best suited to stop the run in a passing league.
The problem is the talent we have is at the least signifigant spots on the field for the most part.

The top 4 areas to have talent if you want to win in the NFL are....

1. QB obviously
2t. WR
2t. CB and DB in general
4. Guys who bring heat on the the QB be it from LB or DL.

Running the ball and stopping the run just arent nearly as signifigant. Its not as if you cant win that way, its just with all the rule changes and how the game is played now, those aspects are a lot less signifigant.

Look at where our best talent is offensively. Its all on the OL. Defensively, Wake is our only true pass rusher. Starks is an animal and a great player to have. He is one of the top 5 interior DLmen in the league if you ask me. But, that just isnt enough to win.

We all knew Ireland would be on the hot seat this season. Ross isn't oblivious to the fan base; he knows people don't like Ireland. 4 straight losing seasons, which is the worst in 40 years will do that.

I have support Ireland until this year because even though he purchased the groceries that we see on the field he was not in charge of hiring the cook Sporano who coached them. Ireland is responsible for Philbin IMO and so far the results have not helped Ireland. This year appeared to be one of Ireland better drafts IMO but it is not enough unless some of them develop quickly and make a difference. Marshall probably could have hurt RT more than helped him the way he ran his mouth so I could see the reasoning on letting him go Marshall needs to be on a veteran team where is mouth will not do so much damage but Vonte Davis was worth keeping around IMO.

Ireland has been a mediocre GM at best. That is not good enough. IMHO, Ross firing Ireland would be his best move to date as an owner.
I concur, Ross should have started fresh when he got rid of Sparano. Getting rid of both might have given us a different staff too.
Ireland has had 2-3 drafts now, and the team is still full of holes. Trading Marshall was a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I don't really agree with that because Marshall was a cancer in the locker room, and by most accounts didn't want to be here. I think they were worried he would be poison for whatever QB we ended up with, and they wanted to keep him from fouling the development of a rookie or first year starter at the most important issue on the field. The mistake was in not getting value for him. We have guys on here willing to give up a number 1 and more picks to get Wallace, and IMHO on the field Marshall is a better WR. Only getting two 3's for him is a failure. He wants to play with Cutler, and Ireland should have held out for more from Chicago. IMHO that was the real mistake.

Back
Top Bottom