I need everyone to chime in on this one... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I need everyone to chime in on this one...

Krie30511

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
As a HUGE fin fan I personally think what Saban and the organization have done this offseason has been great. I think, in the 15 years I've actually been paying attention to things of the offseason nature, this is one of the best. Now, I have a friend whos seated next to me who CLAIMS to be a huge fin fan yet he thinks Saban is garbage and thinks that what he's done this offseason is not going to improve this team what so ever. All because.... get this guys... HE LIKED WANNY... I almost peed in my pants when he told me this... But please guys help me out here in showing him that I'm not the only one with the opinon Saban is helping this organiztion....

I am trying to get to the root of your friends disillusionment... now tell me... does he use excessive amounts of drugs? In perticular, crack?

Nasty

believe it or not... we did investigate the drug usage issue and I believe the wizzinator we found in his pocket told all lies....

what Saban has done is great. the first thing to bring up is the excellant coaches we have compared to last year. Linehan and Houck were two great pick-ups. Saban has loaded the team at RB (which was our biggest weakness last year), and he has brought in a new great defensive philosophy. Saban has had one of the best drafts I think in Dolphins history.

What does your friend like about Wanny? the way he put his hand through his hair all game long? ask your friend what coaching staff as a whole he would prefer, the one with Saban, Houck, Linehan, etc. or the one with Wanny, Wise, etc.?

I didn't have the hatred for Wanny that many others have....that said He was no SABAN. Bold moves abound this offseason and we are a better team than we would have ever been under Dave OR Jim Bates9whom I loved).

Times are tight. Enjoy!!!

Is this your friend??
clear.gif

:tongue:

I cant help you make your friend believe what i believe about Nick all i can say is just wait and see. He's gonna be amazed at the turn around this team is gonna have this year.

I'm not sure what to expect with the players Saban has added, but I think his coaching staff / and methods are much better than Wanny's....

Wanny pratically inherited our defense, and the only offense he really added was Ricky. Wanny was one of those coaches that hated taking risks, and when it came to making crucial decisions, he let his niceness get in the way. He stuck with Jay Feilder for 4 1/2 years, and that was a huge mistake IMO....

His game planning was weak, especially in crunch-time during the 4th quarter..

I'm not sure how this team will react under Saban, but I know he's a disciplined coach who doesn't settle for mediocrity the way Wanny did....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Well Saban actually hired someone to take care of the offense that has proven himself (Linehan) and he is setting tDefense to its strengths which is Jason Taylor. He brought in some big dudes for the D-Line so no more double teams for JT and he can work his magic. He also put a disguised defense, so you wont know whats coming, and he can alternate in 3-4 or 4-3, I didnt see Wanstedt do that.

He says that Wanny didn't have the right players for his "system"... and that Wanny's system works if he would've had the right players.... my argument is that he had the power to change all that why didn't he....

Krie30511 said:
He says that Wanny didn't have the right players for his "system"... and that Wanny's system works if he would've had the right players.... my argument is that he had the power to change all that why didn't he....

His system was to run the ball get the lead by 3 points and hope the defense holds on to the lead. He had that "system" going for 3 years.

I think that Saban has led this team in the right direction so far. Wanny was a flake. He was never Head coach material. It was not a smart move for Wayne to bring him aboard when he had just crippled Chicago!!
He simply was a terrible NFL head coach.

Back
Top Bottom