I often wonder... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I often wonder...

CChambers84

Scout Team
Reaction score
Are the Miami Dolphin fans the only fans who overreact on anything the team does? Take today for example, the dolphins lost and the forum is flooded with pessimism. Cant they understand it is a meaningless preseason game and not to mention the first of five. Back to my question are we the only fans who overreact on everything? Not only to we overreact on 'negative' aspects but also 'positive'. Quite frankly it gets old and predictable...

I don't think it is at all about the loss in the game -- it is about what people saw during the first part of the game. People here wanted to see a team that blew the likes of the Bears away, and it didn't work that way. This is the NFL -- that doesn't often happen. Still, that isn't what being a fan is about. When the times are a little good, they're great. When they're a little terrible, they're terrible. I suspect that many people here who don't go to those extremes have simply found a way to speak with a voice that isn't strictly as a fan. I know that is how I consider things when I post here.

Well I haven't said anything negative about Miami, I just think Miami did good in certain areas, ok in others, and bad. But this is preseason, that's why you play preaseason games, so you can work on and improve, and eventually get the kinks out.

CChambers84 said:
Are the Miami Dolphin fans the only fans who overreact on anything the team does? Take today for example, the dolphins lost and the forum is flooded with pessimism. Cant they understand it is a meaningless preseason game and not to mention the first of five. Back to my question are we the only fans who overreact on everything? Not only to we overreact on 'negative' aspects but also 'positive'. Quite frankly it gets old and predictable...

No. Every teams fans overact to losses. The key is not to get too low when your team loses and too high when your team wins. Heck Miami only lost by a field goal in the first preseaon game. No reason to panic or to jump off a cliff.

i've noticed a few of the people who were raging just after the game and screaming "he sucks" and "cut this guy" have settled down. i think now the adrenaline is wearing off some. it is natural to be amped after a game even if it is preseason

it's certainly nothing indicative of or exclusive to dolphin fans... it's that way every year in every city... and stays that way for 31 NFL cities throughout the offseason...

Back
Top Bottom