I Present You The Greatest Take In The History Of Takes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Present You The Greatest Take In The History Of Takes

I mean it's fine to not like the trade and have reasons for not liking the trade.

Alf just did not do a good job of backing up that reason

I love the podcast but sometimes the tweets don’t do the guys justice. I have to assume it’s hyperbole to generate traffic, he’s not so dumb as to truly believe we were ‘fleeced’.

Looks like the punch by Ali to his head connected.

Reading the tweet replies there it obvious that Alf's premise he as based on the fact in his mind that we didn't have to give up our 2nd round pick and could have given them the third and got the deal done. I think this is wrong. He hasn't factored in what a third round pick does is open the market a lot to those teams who have aging QBs and are looking heir apparent, or teams who have a need to a quality back up to push or cover for oft injured starters. So teams like the Cheats, Cincy, Chargers, Carolina, Bucs, Eagles, Cowboys etc. may have been been in the bidding where as they were clearly out in round 2. Those teams with multiple 3rd rounders, like the Cheats could easily outbid us.

Looking back at the deal it worked out for both parties really, nothing to complain about especially when we got the 2nd rounder back by moving down with the Saints.

I've listened to many of their podcasts, and CK, Simon and Alf all have their own opinions, but they tend to overlap a lot. While I wasn't a Rosen fan, I know that he had his supporters in that podcast before we traded for him, and they discussed it and him favorably. They're sharp guys and they do their research.

If you asked me, I think it might be a little more like Alf is stirring up controversy and using hyperbole. Sometimes that's the easiest way to get people to listen to a new podcast. Here's a link to their Post-Draft Review. I haven't given it a listen yet, but I will, and I see that they discuss Rosen on this one. Likely both viewpoints will be expressed. Here's a link:

https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/e/3ypc-2019-nfl-draft-review-episode-272/

Maybe there were other teams interested in Rosen, maybe not.

Either way, if 10 SBs and HOF doesn't more than justify the differential between a 2nd and 3rd round pick....you're just being a stubborn asshole.

Reading the tweet replies there it obvious that Alf's premise he as based on the fact in his mind that we didn't have to give up our 2nd round pick and could have given them the third and got the deal done. I think this is wrong. He hasn't factored in what a third round pick does is open the market a lot to those teams who have aging QBs and are looking heir apparent, or teams who have a need to a quality back up to push or cover for oft injured starters. So teams like the Cheats, Cincy, Chargers, Carolina, Bucs, Eagles, Cowboys etc. may have been been in the bidding where as they were clearly out in round 2. Those teams with multiple 3rd rounders, like the Cheats could easily outbid us.

Looking back at the deal it worked out for both parties really, nothing to complain about especially when we got the 2nd rounder back by moving down with the Saints.
I thought it might be something like that. It's ok not to like moves based on the process rather than on the results. The problem in this case, if you think we should've given no more than a third, is that if you push the Cards enough, they might decide not to trade him at all until later in the offseason. And why not? The Eagles traded Bradford for a first to the Vikings after Teddy got hurt. Or maybe another team would swoop in the 3rd round and beat our offer.

I don't get this idea of taking haggling to the limits. If you're already killing it with the value being offered, don't try to humiliate your trade partner further. It can only backfire.

Unless you don't really mind losing the fish, of course. In that case, push as much as you like.

10 super bowls and the HOF is not good enough?........I'd say if we make it to a Super bowl because Rosen helped us get there then that trade was totally worth it. In fact, at worst we have a young back up on a very cheap contract.
I think whoever that guy is just didn't even think about what he was going to say so he said it anyway.

"A wise man once said, nothing"

'It's better to keep your mouth shout and let them think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"!

The trade would be worth it if Rosen played well, gained the respect of the team and he stepped up in the playoffs. That's all I can ask from a QB.

Be clutch and make plays when needed.

Back
Top Bottom