I really believe H. Wayne owes the Miami Fans an Apology! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I really believe H. Wayne owes the Miami Fans an Apology!

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He signed a deal with the devil. (Parcells) What kind of an owner tells an employee here is XMillion Dollars. You can keep it all. You can work if you want or quit. I dont care but I'll still pay you! Really? What the hell kinda business model is that? I remember getting so Mad A Dieon Sanders when Parcells just got hired and he said on NFL network, "Ok Dolphins fans, just wait he's gonna quit on you!" I was really pissed but looking back on it I owe that man an apology. He was right. Yeah Ross isnt too bright but he really bought pile of crap and his hands were tied to an extent. So I'm calling out Wayne!!! You need to apologize to all of us!!!!

A lot of fans where excited when Bill chose Miami over Atlanta as most of us thought it would be a good hire.......oh well.

We haven't had much success with putting faith in accomplished personnel to step up and perform successfully at the next level as evidenced by Saban, Cam, Tony, Parcells, Ireland, etc. Then again we gave a second chance to a once unsuccessful HC, Wanny and also paid the price. JJ had his moments but never close to replicating his Dallas magic either.

My first inclination is to say find at least one decision maker, preferably FO, who's done that before but then I look at the TB scenario where both Dominik and Morris were young and hungry, and also look at Mike Smith and Dimitroff and see that yes, it can be done. So who knows.

If we can find/hire an Ozzy Newsome clone, I think everything else would fall into place.

Blame Obama...that's why Huizenga sold

Parcells was hired simply to make it more attractive to a new owner to have a big name in place already.

Blame Obama...that's why Huizenga sold

Parcells was hired simply to make it more attractive to a new owner to have a big name in place already.

If you're putting it on Obama, then he may have done us a service because Wayne sucked at everything he tried. At least the verdict's still out on Ross.

It is Wayne's fault for letting Jimmy pick his successor. That IMO was the tipping point that started the nonsense of the past decade.

at the time Parcells was hired he was considered the unltimate team builder. He could come in and take your crappy team/roster and in a few years you're a contender. If a guy has that type of reputation, you pay him whatever it takes to procure his services. That is what Wayne did and south Florida loved him for it.

After the 11-5 season, SF was prepared to make him king for life. It wasn't until things fell apart that people started seeing parcells as the guy who would take your money and run.

Its true though that we have just been on the wrong side of fortune for the past 10+ years. Its madening when you find yourself making 50/50 win or lose desicions and you keep pick the losing option.

At the time it was a good hire..I dont blame Wayne at all...He did what he thought was right for us..Wayne wanted to win. He thought getting Parcells would help us win......After the big turn around it looked like Parcells was a genius. Then the bad draft picks came....and everything fell apart...

Its just too bad that Pennington could not have stayed healthy...

If you're putting it on Obama, then he may have done us a service because Wayne sucked at everything he tried. At least the verdict's still out on Ross.

Wayne said it himself that he was selling earlier than he wanted due to Obama

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

would be nice if mark cuban comes knocking on rosses door and here i want to buy the fins

He signed a deal with the devil. (Parcells) What kind of an owner tells an employee here is XMillion Dollars. You can keep it all. You can work if you want or quit. I dont care but I'll still pay you! Really? What the hell kinda business model is that? I remember getting so Mad A Dieon Sanders when Parcells just got hired and he said on NFL network, "Ok Dolphins fans, just wait he's gonna quit on you!" I was really pissed but looking back on it I owe that man an apology. He was right. Yeah Ross isnt too bright but he really bought pile of crap and his hands were tied to an extent. So I'm calling out Wayne!!! You need to apologize to all of us!!!!

This is one of many of Wayne's mistakes....who cares though we're in a new age....(but if anybody has a time travelling delorean let me know cuz i'll kill him and make the moves that should've been made)

Wayne always made the wrong play even if there was logic behind it and it made sense at the time. Not to mention, he could close deals. Personally, I'm much more upset at the guy for selling the team to a bum like Ross.

Back
Top Bottom