I really like Georgia RB D'Andre Swift in our offense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I really like Georgia RB D'Andre Swift in our offense

I'd rank the RB's like this, and I'd be happy with anyone in Tier 1 or 2 and fine with Tier 3.

1. J. Dobbins
2. T. Etienne
3. J. Taylor
4. D. Swift

5. C. Akers
6. C. Edwards-Hellaire
7. A. Dillon
8. K. Vaughn

9. E. Benjamin
10. Z. Moss
11. J. Kelley

To me, 1-4 is all about preference. If you want to rank Taylor or Swift as RB 1, I completely understand - wouldn't argue. I'd rather have the Tier 2 guys in the 3rd/4th than the Tier 1 guys in the 1st/2nd, though.

Akers is really intriguing since he played behind such a terrible OL at FSU. I would have Etienne, Taylor, Dobbins and Swift as the top 4 in that order, but Akers is closer to 4 than 6. Also really disappointed that Hubbard decided to return as I would have had him as the top ranked back in the class. I think his vision and speed are arguably the best of anyone in the draft.

If Chan Gailey is really coming out of retirement to be our OC I think a RB at some point in the 1st or 2nd round is highly likely. I really like Swift as well. I think he has the best vision out of all the RBs in this class; a trait that has allowed a lot of guys to have immediate success at the NFL level. The weaknesses to his game tend to be some of the easier things to coach up as well. Dobbins or Etienne would be my next choices after Swift.

If Chan Gailey is really coming out of retirement to be our OC I think a RB at some point in the 1st or 2nd round is highly likely. I really like Swift as well. I think he has the best vision out of all the RBs in this class; a trait that has allowed a lot of guys to have immediate success at the NFL level. The weaknesses to his game tend to be some of the easier things to coach up as well. Dobbins or Etienne would be my next choices after Swift.
DING DING DING.... we have a winner. I've been waiting for this post since my original post. Gailey will emphasize the types of players he wants in his scheme, and RB will be an important part of that. It also changes everything for Josh Rosen, we will soon see if it changes things for him for the better or the worse. (or worst so I support all Dolfans language feelings).

Eitienne is my favorite but would not mind any of the others (Taylor, Dobbins, and Swift) too. I also like Zack Moss , Cam Akers, and Helaire later in the draft if we miss on the Big 4.

Eitienne is my favorite but would not mind any of the others (Taylor, Dobbins, and Swift) too. I also like Zack Moss , Cam Akers, and Helaire later in the draft if we miss on the Big 4.
I see Eitienne as a long strider, but he has good vision and he often gets where he wants to go. He has solid ball control and protects the ball well.

Perhaps your personal attachment to watching him play has led to a skewed view of Harris in comparison to Henry.

Nope. Thats the lazy answer from someone that doesn’t agree.

I mean, I could easily say perhaps you have a skewed view of Henry. Would it mean anything?

The point of telling you I’ve seen him since HS is that I’ve seen him play a lot more than you and many others. I’ve seen Henry play many years too.

Right now, Henry is clearly the better, more proven player. Not arguing that. But Henry did struggle for 2 seasons before finding the success he’s having now. Perhaps we’ll be saying the same things about Harris in a few years?

Lastly, I’m not interested in comparing purported 40 times. Jerry Rice was clocked at around 4.7 - 4.8 but nobody ever seemed to run the guy down.

Harris is fast. And even if his top end isn’t quite what Henry’s is, his speed from start to through the hole is what matters most. 10-15 yard splits. He compares to Henry just fine in that regard.

That said, don’t get me wrong. If Harris was in this upcoming draft, I’d still prefer Dobbins and Etienne over him. So you can stop with the thoughts of ‘bias’. I like Harris and his potential, but not to the point of overvaluing him. My only point was that the difference in speed and quickness between the two big backs being compared isn’t one-sided. It’s pretty even. Doesn’t mean Harris will ever be as good as Henry. Doesn’t mean he won’t be either.

Last edited:
Etienne and Swift are #1 and #2 respectfully IMO.

I think Etienne is more explosive and surprisingly physical

but Swift is a great talent for sure. I just believe Etienne is

going to be monster PRO and would love love love him

on our roster!

Etienne and Swift are #1 and #2 respectfully IMO.

I think Etienne is more explosive and surprisingly physical

but Swift is a great talent for sure. I just believe Etienne is

going to be monster PRO and would love love love him

on our roster!
The top of this rb class are so close. I can't argue your top 2. But I personally put Dobbins as my #1

The top of this rb class are so close. I can't argue your top 2. But I personally put Dobbins as my #1
It's hard not to love Dobbins. Great person, hard worker, and technically sound in all phases. He slashes but every move he makes is about getting upfield asap. He naturally protects the ball on his carries, it isn't a chore for him like it is for a few others in this draft. You almost never see the ball on his hip when he is carrying. I'll be honest, I like him so much that I wouldn't be disappointed anywhere from 26 overall if we draft him.
He can also play on all 3 downs, which is a nice scheme factor.

Last edited:
Who is this kid, will 2k at Monmouth translate to the league ?

Monmouth_logo.gif
Pete Guerriero, RB, Monmouth
Height: 5-9. Weight: 195.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2020): 5-7.

You hardly ever see any Monmouth players declaring early, but Pete Guerriero is coming off a huge season. He rushed for 1,995 yards in 2019. There's not much else Guerriero could do to improve his draft stock, so moving to the NFL, despite being a late-round prospect, is the correct decision.

Grade for declaring: A

I like swift and have a man crush on Etienne, but NO rb's in Round 1 please.

It just makes no sense to draft that position high.Not at any time, but especially when starting a massive rebuild.

Jim Brown and Walter Payton yes, but no on all the rest.

Etienne to stay at Clemson..

I really appreciated that the list of Top 11 College Football Players of All Time was dominated by running backs and in fact was almost exclusively running backs. That was superb big picture clarity, as opposed to a slob list which would have included somebody like Tim Tebow.

The college football lists of that type are almost always vastly superior to the pro lists, IMO.

I really appreciated that the list of Top 11 College Football Players of All Time was dominated by running backs and in fact was almost exclusively running backs. That was superb big picture clarity, as opposed to a slob list which would have included somebody like Tim Tebow.

The college football lists of that type are almost always vastly superior to the pro lists, IMO.
I understand in tour day the rb position was so much more valued. Do you think the way the game changed, that maybe some modern qbs may be better players? More valuable? Much more cerebral than just straight athleticism?

Am I the only one in love with AJ Dillon in the 2nd if he tests well? I really want my own Christian Okoye/Jerome Bettis/Derrick Henry coming downhill out of the I-formation if I'm going to be stuck with Chan Gailey's Crayola playbook.

At least then the play-action would truly put the fear of God into people and open up the passing game for almost anybody: Tua, Fitzpatrick, Rosen, Herbert, Love, Eason.. anybody.

Back
Top Bottom