I really think we should trade up... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I really think we should trade up...

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I know, it's not my choice, and many don't agree, but I really think we should trade up in this draft, if we're sconsiering going anything but WR.

First of all, this draft is deep..however, we don't have a 2nd round pick, and the top 10 talent in this draft is phenominal. After that, there's a lot of potential, however you won't find players taht wet your mouth like the top few talents.

Looking at OL, Andrews and Gallery seem to be the only 2 worth taking with a first. All others are 2nd rounders any other year at best, so taking them low first is severly over paying ofr them. We need OL, but we can get young potential via FA that certainly don't cost us a first round pick.

I've heard the trading down ideas, but does that seem really smart considering the WR's in this draft? I'm not a huge fan of taking a WR this year since we got boston, but I wouldn't pass one up (clayton) if he was there, just to trade down to get project O-linemen.

Fact of the matter is guys, OL talent is scarce this year. No need to reach, or pass up good players to trade down for OL with "potential". Potential is cheap, and can be had in later rounds if need be, or via FA if we continuet o deal.

However, moving up could net us a rare safety damn near sure fire hit, one of 3 QB"s oozing with franchise potential, MAYBE an OL in Andrews if we don't jum,p far (not a huge fan, too many ?'s on him), a future franchise tackle with tait, etc.

Never seen this man "sure thins" in a draft. Nothings a sure thing, but I've never felt better about a tackle since Pace was drafted, better about a QB in my loife (can't go wrong with Eli or Rivers), etc. etc.

Either we should trade up, or sit and take BPA. No trading down for OL. Say for instance, we do trade up, and don't see someone that wets our whistle, THEN we can trade down, but reasonbly, and still have control of who we get to an extent. Nothings a sure fire way, but damn this tdraft is looking good, I just hope we don't drop to reach for OL.

since we are missing a #2 and a #5 we w/have to trade a next years pick and we already traded some for Boston and Feeley. I am not sure we have the ammo to get up higher; and how hi is enuf to get Andrews. Pitt has #11 pick and you need to get ahead of them to be sure.

Now if we trade OGun like has been reported in the Herald, all changes

I say trade Ogun ... our first ... and throw in a late round pick to grab Gallery and move Wade to RT.

It would take this first, O-gun, and next year first to get that high.

You dont think a third would do it? Granted would be a big start on the first day of the draft .... but then we are done.

I'd do it, in a heart beat, but a first, ogun, and a 3rd would never be enough. it would take another 1st to vault us into the top 5 for gallery. But if we could get Eli, would yous till take gallery?

Personally I would although I know a lot of people wouldnt. With Gallery James Seth Mac and Smith I think that line would be good enough to make an average QB look good with Boston and Chambers going down the side ... Randy coming across the middle and the fear of Ricky running wild. Plus who knows ... Feeley might even be better than Average.

I wouldn't mind trading up with players, but I don't want to do with with 2004 or 2005 draft picks. Package Wale and #20 and see if that gets us high enough, but that's as far as I woiuld go.

Back
Top Bottom