I said it before but it bares repeating after today. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I said it before but it bares repeating after today.

DJ I am going to watch more of his tape with relation to what you'e said. I am a bit stubborn so I will come back to this. I do hope he makes it cuz he' be such an inspiration. I don' necessarily judge him on the missed tackles as I do with disengaging. I am no self proclaimed expert or draft guru but as a former...20 years ago...4 year college athlete I do know difference between athlete and a player.

In the games I had seen where he made wow plays, and a bunch at that, there was clean release with no blocking near him, he was ridiculously left alone in space....if I coached against him I would have gamepland to always engage him....anyways I will check him out some more, but I am really biased in my interpretation of linebackers ability to block shed, if they struggle with it I very usually tend to write them off in my opinion.

Some mentioned nickel lb/s hybrid, I could see him do well in that role but he' need more seasoning and better disengagement but I could imagine him to be developed into that role down the line and be effective,but he better be drafted with big DL in front of him imho.

I do hope he becomes a player and inspires people and give them courage to follow in his foot steps, and I understand why he has such a following and I think that' awesome, but again my stubbornnss to the position is big on disengagement, vision and pursuit angles...which he has vision and pursuit without a doubt....and would definitely take a 6th on it, even a trade up to the 5th if still there.

I think he last a couple of rounds in the draft, but yea I do like Shaq Griffen as well.

DJ I am going to watch more of his tape with relation to what you'e said. I am a bit stubborn so I will come back to this. I do hope he makes it cuz he' be such an inspiration. I don' necessarily judge him on the missed tackles as I do with disengaging. I am no self proclaimed expert or draft guru but as a former...20 years ago...4 year college athlete I do know difference between athlete and a player.

In the games I had seen where he made wow plays, and a bunch at that, there was clean release with no blocking near him, he was ridiculously left alone in space....if I coached against him I would have gamepland to always engage him....anyways I will check him out some more, but I am really biased in my interpretation of linebackers ability to block shed, if they struggle with it I very usually tend to write them off in my opinion.

Some mentioned nickel lb/s hybrid, I could see him do well in that role but he' need more seasoning and better disengagement but I could imagine him to be developed into that role down the line and be effective,but he better be drafted with big DL in front of him imho.

I do hope he becomes a player and inspires people and give them courage to follow in his foot steps, and I understand why he has such a following and I think that' awesome, but again my stubbornnss to the position is big on disengagement, vision and pursuit angles...which he has vision and pursuit without a doubt....and would definitely take a 6th on it, even a trade up to the 5th if still there.
you can see all you need to see against Auburn.. the entire skillset is on display against hi level comp..his impact on the game goes right down to the last play even though he isn’t credited for anything except a pressure.

you can see all you need to see against Auburn.. the entire skillset is on display against hi level comp..his impact on the game goes right down to the last play even though he isn’t credited for anything except a pressure.

Yep, I was clamoring for them to pressure Auburn on that last drive and they finally dialed it up and it forced an INT, thanks in much part to Griffin's ability to quickly get to the QB.

Yep, I was clamoring for them to pressure Auburn on that last drive and they finally dialed it up and it forced an INT, thanks in much part to Griffin's ability to quickly get to the QB.
as stated, he just learned this year hot to rush the QB..ceiling is high..

No he didn't. He had more sacks last year than he did this year.

On point there..

Check this out courtesy of Ck

Most efficient pass either in college football

In terms of pass rush efficiency....here's what I have:

SHAQUEM GRIFFIN UCF 21.6%
BRIAN WOMAC Rice 21.3%
MARCUS DAVENPORT UTSA 20.3%
JEFF HOLLAND Auburn 19.5%
EASY ANYAMA Texas St 18.1%
LORENZO CARTER Georgia 17.7%
JUSTIN LAWLER SMU 16.8%
JA'VON ROLLAND-JONES Arkansas St 16.7%
ARDEN KEY LSU 16.5%
SAM HUBBARD Ohio State 16.3%
SHAREEF WHITE Memphis 15.9%
OLASUNKANMI ADENIYI Toledo 15.8%
JOE OSTMAN Central Michigan 15.7%
ANTHONY WINBUSH Ball St 15.4%
AUSTIN PAULHUS Nevada 14.9%
MARCUS WILLIAMSON Coastal Carolina 14.9%
MAT BOESEN TCU 14.8%
COREY THOMPSON LSU 14.8%
BRADLEY CHUBB NC St 14.7%
TOBENNA OKEKE Fresno St 14.6%
UCHENNA NWOSU USC 14.5%
DEANDRE' MILLER Arizona 14.4%
DA'SEAN DOWNEY UMass 14.0%
JACOB MARTIN Temple 13.7%
GARRET DOOLEY Wisconsin 13.7%
PETER KALAMBAYI Stanford 13.6%
BUNMI ROTIMI Old Dominion 13.3%
FRANKIE LUVU Washington St 13.2%
NICK INTERNICOLA FAU 13.2%
MEFFY KOLOAMATANGI Hawaii 13.1%
OGBONNIA OKORONKWO Oklahoma 13.0%
KEMOKO TURAY Rutgers 12.9%
DEREK MCCARTNEY Colorado 12.8%
MIKE LOVE USF 12.6%
CHAD THOMAS Miami 12.6%
SETH CALLOWAY Troy 12.5%
SHARIF FINCH Temple 12.5%
HAROLD LANDRY Boston College 12.4%
MARQUIS HAYNES Ole Miss 12.4%
DWAYNE EUGENE Arkansas 12.2%
DUKE EJIOFOR Wake Forest 12.0%
EVAN COLORITO Colorado St 11.8%
TREVON YOUNG Louisville 11.8%
MIKE TYLER Stanford 11.7%
DANTE SAWYER South Carolina 11.7%
MARCELL FRAZIER Missouri 11.7%
KIANTE ANDERSON East Carolina 11.6%
STODY BRADLEY NMSU 11.6%
DANNY EZECHUKWU Purdue 11.6%
JIMMIE GIPSON South Alabama 11.3%
TRENT HARRIS Miami 11.0%
D.J. PALMORE Navy 11.0%
ANTONIO SIMMONS Georgia Tech 10.8%
RASHAAD TOWNES Appalachian St 10.7%
JALYN HOLMES Ohio State 10.6%
ALEX AUKERMAN Army 10.6%
LEONARD HAZEWOOD Idaho 10.6%
KYLIE FITTS Utah 10.5%
JEREMY SMITH Tulsa 10.3%
DAVIN BELLAMY Georgia 10.3%
MARQUES MOORE Kent St 10.2%
LUKE JACKSON Tulane 10.2%
DEMONE HARRIS Buffalo 9.7%
WENDELL DUNN Wake Forest 9.6%
DELDRICK CANTY La Tech 9.6%
TREV MILLER Louisiana 9.6%
JOSH SWEAT Florida St 9.4%
XAVIER THIGPEN Southern Miss 9.2%
JOSHUA WHEELER North Texas 9.1%
DAVON DURANT Marshall 9.0%
JAMES HEARNS Louisville 8.8%
ALANI LATU Arizona St 8.7%
SHAQ JONES UAB 8.5%
DAVID MANOA Hawaii 8.3%
JONAH MOI Oregon 8.0%
AIKEEM COLEMAN Idaho 8.0%
JACOB PUGH Florida St 8.0%
JOE SANDERS Northern Ill 8.0%
GREG GOOCH Indiana 7.9%
CALEB TUCKER Louisiana-Monroe 7.8%
FINESSE MIDDLETON South Alabama 7.7%
RUSSELL WILLIAMS Hawaii 7.5%
SHA-KI HOLINES UMass 7.5%
DORANCE ARMSTRONG Kansas 7.5%
NEWTON SALISBURY FIU 7.4%
JARRETT JOHNSON Texas A&M 7.4%
JORDAN HAROLD Missouri 7.2%
AUSTIN ROBINSON Houston 7.1%
DEON'TAE MOORE Akron 7.1%
CHANDLER BURKETT Maryland 7.1%
JAY HENDERSON San Diego 7.0%
JAHMAL JONES Middle Tenn 7.0%
ANDREW TRUMBETTI Notre Dame 6.9%
DERIK OVERSTREET WKU 6.9%
JARVIS JEFFRIES Louisiana 6.8%
TANNER WOOD Kansas St 6.8%
TRALUND WEBBER Oklahoma St 6.7%
ROBERT STANLEY Fresno St 6.6%
KEVIN ROBBINS Ohio 6.6%
KENTAVIUS STREET NC St 6.5%
ZACH DUNCAN Charlotte 6.4%
JULIAN JACKSON UTEP 6.4%
CONNOR O'BRIEN Washington 6.3%
BRIAN NANCE Baylor 6.0%
JESSE BRUBAKER Tulsa 6.0%
ZACH QUINN Toledo 6.0%
DAJAUN DRENNON North Carolina 5.9%
J.D. WAGGONER Iowa St 5.9%
MARK FINAU UNLV 5.8%
TRENT SMART Ohio 5.5%
MASON GENTRY SMU 5.1%
BLAKE KELLER Marshall 5.0%
NAASHON HUGHES Texas 5.0%
KESHUN FREEMAN Georgia Tech 4.9%
AUSTIN LARKIN Purdue 3.8

sorry I meant pass rush efficiency, not ''either''...spell check on my phone.

how bout that Griffin..kid has special traits.

don't sleep on this kid, he's gonna be better than most everyone predicts.

Last edited:
Never mind stay far far away from Miami Griffin. Where ever you land I will follow. I don't want to see your career ruined by this embarrassment of a franchise.

Yes UCF did beat Auburn and they had a great year, but come on man really you think the AAC is a powerhouse conference, let' be real! Yes they went undefeated and beat Auburn and they get props for that but you really going to believe it' a power conference? I know USF is in that conference and you have pride and love for your team, but let' be real, is it known as a top tier conference?

I shouldn't have said weak, but by no means would any team in AAC be a powerhouse on any of the powerhouse conferences. I'm just being real man.

There definitely good players in that conference, ones I really like, but as a whole those teams wouldn'
Have been highly ranked in the SEC, ACC, BIG 10 or the other power 5 conferences. Am I off base, if I am educate me.

Powerhouse?? I never said that. Those are your words. My beef is with you calling the conference weak when you have no basis other than personal opinion. I know the American is not a power house but were far from weak. I feel were on par with the BIG12 except we actually win our matchups against the P5 when it comes to major bowl games ( at least so far). The top of the American can compete with anyone. That's all im saying...

I like Griffin. I live I SFL and watched many of his games. Before the combine there was talk he wouldn't even be drafted. Now I believe some team will take a 4th rd flyer on him. And I wish him all the best. He is a very down to earth kid and a complete motor on the field. Look out JPP lol

I think you have to drop a 2nd on him at this point..

I think you have to drop a 2nd on him at this point..
I'd be shocked if he went in the second. He was expected udfa before the combine. I think he might have push himself to the 4th but not 2nd. He def deserves to be drafted

Back
Top Bottom