I Said It: Brian Flores Focused On Improving This Team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Said It: Brian Flores Focused On Improving This Team

If that is the case, they'll just be replaced with a different group of UDFAs until its 20% of the team being gone.

We only have a draft and a half to work magic. After that, it's trying to find another O Brien with GMs on the lookout for your thirst.
Football teams aren’t built just through the draft

Next year when we are picking our new franchise QB with the #1 pick no one will care how much we lost by.
Lol. I wouldn’t be so confident about that if I were you. What if Tua doesn’t declare? What if his Dad tells him not to sign with Miami? What if he gets seriously injured? There is bad, and there is hapless. They are not the same thing. This team so far is hapless and is now so devoid of talent it will take 5 solid drafts to put together a real roster. The players want out, and the coach doesn’t look even remotely competent yet. Why on earth do you just assume your beloved Tua ends up in Miami?

If draft day comes and goes and Tua isn’t a Dolphin, are you still going to “embrace the tank”?

Lol. I wouldn’t be so confident about that if I were you. What if Tua doesn’t declare? What if his Dad tells him not to sign with Miami? What if he gets seriously injured? There is bad, and there is hapless. They are not the same thing. This team so far is hapless and is now so devoid of talent it will take 5 solid drafts to put together a real roster. The players want out, and the coach doesn’t look even remotely competent yet. Why on earth do you just assume your beloved Tua ends up in Miami?

If draft day comes and goes and Tua isn’t a Dolphin, are you still going to “embrace the tank”?
I'm not confident in any of that happening and I never got on board with the tank....I'm just playing along.

Football teams aren’t built just through the draft
True. But good free agents don’t go to really bad teams unless they grossly overpay and the player doesn’t care about winning. See Clowney, as an example. Of course, then you are back in mediocre land in serious cap trouble and will have to repeat the rebuild again....

I'm not confident in any of that happening and I never got on board with the tank....I'm just playing along.
Me either. Just pointing out that if all this is just to land one player, there is so much that can go wrong that an awful lot of tank fans could be burning their gear on draft day. There are plenty of examples of drafted players who forced trades. It is not unprecedented.

Me either. Just pointing out that if all this is just to land one player, there is so much that can go wrong that an awful lot of tank fans could be burning their gear on draft day. There are plenty of examples of drafted players who forced trades. It is not unprecedented.
I get that. I expected to lose because of the roster it's how we lost that pissed me off.

True. But good free agents don’t go to really bad teams unless they grossly overpay and the player doesn’t care about winning. See Clowney, as an example. Of course, then you are back in mediocre land in serious cap trouble and will have to repeat the rebuild again....
I get your point but not necessarily, with that mindset why rebuild at all.

What if Flo and staff prefer another QB. What if Tua IS the pick, but isn't the 2nd coming of Marino. As always, I'm not against an elite QB, but some of these people think there is no possible outcome other than Tua and 'the world's greatest QB.'

I get your point but not necessarily, with that mindset why rebuild at all.
Indeed. That is the question. Most rebuilds are losing propositions. The odds are far more likely to fail at this than to succeed, with or without finding the elite QB.

Let me first preface what I am about to say. This is not me saying the team will win or compete these week. This is not me downplaying how bad that showing on Sunday was as it was horrendous, this is not me being a homer or unrealistic.

If you go back and rewatch the defense at least (yes I am a glutton for punishment) the mistakes are in theory correctable. As many have said over the last 24 hours, Bobby McCain bit on every playfake. If you are supposed to be the deep safety and you aren't deep, that causes an issue if a defender was beat. The Raven's passing game was legit deep safety bites and WR beats a CB that was lined up out of position.

So in theory if the team shores up their technique that should be correctable. In practice? That's a different story. Minkah,Bobby,Wiltz, and Rowe have to show they can do better.

Let me first preface what I am about to say. This is not me saying the team will win or compete these week. This is not me downplaying how bad that showing on Sunday was as it was horrendous, this is not me being a homer or unrealistic.

If you go back and rewatch the defense at least (yes I am a glutton for punishment) the mistakes are in theory correctable. As many have said over the last 24 hours, Bobby McCain bit on every playfake. If you are supposed to be the deep safety and you aren't deep, that causes an issue if a defender was beat. The Raven's passing game was legit deep safety bites and WR beats a CB that was lined up out of position.

So in theory if the team shores up their technique that should be correctable. In practice? That's a different story. Minkah,Bobby,Wiltz, and Rowe have to show they can do better.

I'll agree this much. Mistakes are correctable. My fear is too much of what fans saw was talent.

Is it really surprising that McCain is yet again out of position all the time?

Like I said yesterday we probably won't see worse or bad like yesterday. I just heard today that 14 players of the 45 used yesterday are with us for just a week. That's 1/3. There was more confusion than anything else.
FINALLY SOMEONE THAT SAID SOMETHING ON THIS SITE THAT MAKES SENSE!!! FOR GODS SAKE IT'S GAME ONE OF A YEAR THAT THE FINS WILL SUCK IN... WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, A WIN ? MORE THAN HALF THE TEAM IS NEW AND 1/4 OF THE TEAM HAS BEEN THERE FOR LESS THAN A WEEK....

Next year when we are picking our new franchise QB with the #1 pick no one will care how much we lost by.
Right!!!!!! And how long will that honeymoon last?
Franchise QB.......one of the MOST overused cliches' in football.

FINALLY SOMEONE THAT SAID SOMETHING ON THIS SITE THAT MAKES SENSE!!! FOR GODS SAKE IT'S GAME ONE OF A YEAR THAT THE FINS WILL SUCK IN... WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, A WIN ? MORE THAN HALF THE TEAM IS NEW AND 1/4 OF THE TEAM HAS BEEN THERE FOR LESS THAN A WEEK....

I think what pretty much everyone who is making negative posts was expecting was our secondary to know our coverage schemes, for there to be a lot fewer missed tackles, for us not to commit nine penalties, for us to at least battle in the trenches even if we lost, to not be taking timeouts on defense when Baltimore was in the redzone in the last minute, and not to lose by 49 points, for starters. I think that's pretty clear.

A lot of our fans are like Stephen Ross. They don't get the idea of nuance and degrees. A team can lose and still be competent. A team can lose and still look professional. Can anyone honestly say with a straight face that the Dolphins did that on Sunday in any way?

Back
Top Bottom