I Said It: Brian Flores Focused On Improving This Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Said It: Brian Flores Focused On Improving This Team

Right!!!!!! And how long will that honeymoon last?
Franchise QB.......one of the MOST overused cliches' in football.

The funny thing about this is Tannehill was supposed to be the franchise quarterback. I was against picking him that high. I felt it was a reach. I, and others who felt that way, got lambasted by fans saying you have to draft a franchise QB when he was there.

I spent the next few years watching the same fans that wanted RT drafted blasting him for anything the team did wrong. I actually defended him. He turned out better than I expected, but the fans were so eager to run him out. Now they are saying again all we need is to draft a QB high and things will be hunky dorey.

What I don't understand is that they tried to trade for J. Clowney. So I'm really confused about dolphins plan for now and the future.

My hope is that it was more of the Texans going "We want Tunsil, also please take Clowney off our hands..." than us actually wanting Clowney, because he would have had no value for us.

All I can say is, give it time.

News flash: we lost to this same damn team last year by 40 points.

All those bloated contracts and underperformers, and we got shut out last year.

I want to see how they respond to the loss.

You need to break the season into quarters. First 4 games will blow. Then compare the next 4 to the first 4. Etc...

Let's see if and how they improve throughout the season before passing judgment.

All I can say is, give it time.

News flash: we lost to this same damn team last year by 40 points.

All those bloated contracts and underperformers, and we got shut out last year.

I want to see how they respond to the loss.

You need to break the season into quarters. First 4 games will blow. Then compare the next 4 to the first 4. Etc...

Let's see if and how they improve throughout the season before passing judgment.
well said!

Back
Top Bottom