I saw Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I saw Ricky

Phins Phan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was at Disney World last weekend. It happens I ran into Ricky Williams. He was there with a little kid. I don't know who the kid is or if they were related or not, but that's irrelevant anyway.

What is relevant is this guy's size. I didn't approach him, I mean the guy was on vacation and has a right to his privacy, but I was standing right next to him at one point (in line on the way out of the park) and I have to tell you people, this guy is HUGE. His stats say 5'10, 230. The 5'10 may be right (although he approaches 6'0 if you count the dreadlocks :) ). The one I find hard to believe is the 230. This guy is a wide. He is a truck. If he runs a 4.5, then I feel sorry for linebackers and defensive backs that have to tackle this guy. I couldn't believe just how big he is. You really need to see him up close to know what I mean. If you have the opportunity to go to any of the camps then do it and you'll see what I mean.

For those of you that will go to the training camps in July, keep an eye out for the Ricky - Zack collisions during the middle drill. :)
If you don't see it, you'll feel it. :)

I was real excited when we traded for Ricky. I'm even more excited now that I've seen him up close.

Phins Phan

I am going to three days of camp, and the Saints pre season game...I can't freakin wait.

I should be at the Phins/Buccaneers scrimmages.

BTW - Ricky is generally listed at 236 lbs. Does he seem bigger than that?? Going by stats, he should be about as big as Zach, maybe a shade bigger.

Originally posted by Muck
he should be about as big as Zach, maybe a shade bigger.
my thoughts exactly - he s/b like tackling a faster version of Zach :cool:

Oh man, I will never forget the Zach/Bettis collision. That shot should be in the hall of fame.

RW looks huge to me, and the fact that I am 5'10" and 170 makes me wonder what it would feel like to add 64lbs to my frame. That is all muscle too guys...no fat on RW.

You think 236 lbs. and a 4.5 40 is good. Look at T.J. Duckett, the guy the Falcons picked out of Michigan St. He weighs in at like 260 lbs. and runs the 40 in something like 4.44 seconds. Now THAT is pretty damn fast.

Yeah, but RW's speed translates on the field. Duckett's doesn't.

For a big back, RW has very impressive acceleration. He's at top speed within 2-3 steps. It takes Duckett a while to get rolling.

Duckett isn't the prospect he is made out to be. His speed is straight line speed. He doesn't have much lateral movement ability. He doesn't have a good burst out of the gates. He's a very impatient runner, opting to just ram it up the gut instead of waiting to allow his blocks to develop. He's a better overall athlete than Ron Dayne, but I don't think he will be a much better RB.

Personaly, I thought DeShaun Foster was the top back in the draft. He is no sure thing either, which should tell you how weak this draft was at the RB position.

Originally posted by dolfan87
RW looks huge to me, and the fact that I am 5'10" and 170 makes me wonder what it would feel like to add 64lbs to my frame. That is all muscle too guys...no fat on RW.

Dude, can't imagine adding 86lbs of solid muscle to my 5'10" frame. Good God, that would be awesome. I'd quit my job and become a professional swinger. hehehehe.

I don't have as far to go as you guys do. I'm only 5-9, but I weigh 215.

You're about Travis Henry's size. Not a bad thing. You still got me by 65lbs. :lol:

150 lbs! I haven't been 150 lbs since I was a sophomore in high school. When I was that small, I used to drink those weight gainer 2200 calorie drinks to put some size on. I finally got to about 185 my senior year, and then went I got into college, boy the weight came on fast!!

Yeah, I am nearly in the same boat as KB, except I'm still skinnier.

My Sophomore year I was 6'1" 135, I had to keep down cause of wrestling. Now, after A LOT of working out, and eating healthy, I'm 6'3" 175, which is still VERY thin. Hopefully, I will put on more weight in College.

Trust me. Domino's pizza and Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches will surely help put that weight on.

Yeah man, I'm a beast. Just the sight of me puts fear in men's eyes. Can you believe I attained this godlike physique without working out?? :lol:

This is as "heavy" as I've ever been. When I was a freshman, I was a pathetic 4'11" 85 lbs (I was only 13 when I got to high school). When I got to 10th grade, I had rocketed to 5'6 and had grown 4 shoe sizes. But I still only weighed about 105. I was truly "Stickman".

Back
Top Bottom