"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris

TarHeelFinFan said:
Have you watched him play at Auburn? I have. There's a reason they say he can play anything from fullback to wide receiver at least competently. He's huge, and can use power but his biggest asset is his ability to make you miss at first, and then out-run you. Once he adjusts to the speed of the NFL he will be fine. Tampa has the same o-line as us? I wonder how they make it to both games then, because we're usually playing the same day and often at the same time (maybe that's why we have no blocking???).

No, Ricky in '02 did not make a bad o-line look good. That was a much better o-line than what we have right now, as we saw by Ricky's stats in '03 which dropped precipitously, and fear of getting killed because of this o-line played a large part in Ricky's retirement.

Good post.

enigmatics said:
Great for you man. Now go troll the internet like a child for more flame pictures to post because you can't hold your ground in a man's forum.

Child?...You must have your hands in the wrong pockets...again...

enigmatics said:
Defenses are primed for all players who could possibly step onto the field. That's why they call it practice Allen Iverson.
Defenses prepare far more for starters than guys who get six carries over 2 games. To say otherwise is simply asinine. Also on 3rd and 7 draws work so well because the defense is primarily expecting a pass. Just a thought.

TarHeelFinFan said:
And maybe, just maybe their inexperienced no-names on the offensive line are actually good football players that are currently playing well, and ours are not.

Ricky's stats dropped because he was getting pummeled as soon as he touched the ball, he even called the o-line out on that.

I'll give you this, they're played better, but not KC Chief's better......... again they're benefitting from a runningback who doesn't dance and hits any and all holes agressively - instead of a ballerina dancer.

Ricky still through up 1,300 yards man........you don't do that when all you're doing is getting pummeled behind the line of scrimmage. The man said it himself, how can you deny that?

TarHeelFinFan said:
Defenses prepare far more for starters than guys who get six carries over 2 games. To say otherwise is simply asinine. Also on 3rd and 7 draws work so well because the defense is primarily expecting a pass. Just a thought.

You've just proven your football knowledge. If you think they don't plan for players who between this season and last season either started or sub in, you got another thing coming.

Ronnie ran on draw plays too, what does that tell you? Again, Sammy performed better on draw plays and on regular running plays.

CashInFist said:
Child?...You must have your hands in the wrong pockets...again...

.......stop it, you're cutting into your "finding pictures for flame posts" time....... now hurry.......

Silverphin said:
Just wondering.....would it be too much to send him to Europe?

That would be an admission of a draft day mistake. Not to mention risk of injury.

enigmatics said:
You've just proven your football knowledge. If you think they don't plan for players who between this season and last season either started or sub in, you got another thing coming.

Ronnie ran on draw plays too, what does that tell you? Again, Sammy performed better on draw plays and on regular running plays.
I know I've proven I have football knowledge unlike you. A defense might spend 15 minutes talking about Sammy Morris, but they will spend an entire practice on Ronnie Brown.

TarHeelFinFan said:
You do put up 1300 yards when you're getting pummeled but you also set the NFL record for carries in a season.

It's easy to get pummeled when you don't hit holes hard............just ask Ronnie.

TarHeelFinFan said:
I know I've proven I have football knowledge unlike you. A defense might spend 15 minutes talking about Sammy Morris, but they will spend an entire practice on Ronnie Brown.

There-in lies my point........you just proved it for me and admitted you were wrong. Remember good coaches plan for EVERYTHING in this league and any player that's used in any package on the field during the game has to be accounted for, especially if they actually get the ball. I'm not here to debate how much time is spent, but the time is spent regardless.

enigmatics said:
Defenses are primed for all players who could possibly step onto the field. That's why they call it practice Allen Iverson.

Is that so? Then why do they have run blitzes? Are those plays primed to stop the pass?

What about rushing 3 and dropping everyone else back in coverage? That sure doesn't sound like a D primed to stop the run.

I'm not saying that is the reason Sammy got his yards, but it is a possibility.

enigmatics said:
How is it too early? He's a professional football player now. Once you step out onto the field that's how it goes. That's life.

Because some players take longer than others to adjust to the speed of the game, at some point it all slows down.

Perhaps, as Saban suggested, Cadilac reporting to camp on time enabled him to complete this process sooner.

Look, I'll be the first to admit that I thought the Cadilac was a better "natural" runner than Brown at Auburn, it was the other skills including Browns power, Speed, receiving and size that I felt would separate the two in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom