I see a lot of complaining in the threads when a HC request interview is requested | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I see a lot of complaining in the threads when a HC request interview is requested

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
When I say a lot I mean a lot of complaining with no reason.
Ok now I ask each and everyone of you:

Who do you want to coach this team and WHY you think he or even she is worthy of being the HC instead of just saying “No he sucks.” In every HC interview request thread that pops up.

Who gets the credit for Allens development Dabol or Dorsey?

Selfishly I do NOT want Fins to hire Daboll or Frazier. (I actually think both would be a welcomed change from Flores). Just selfishly point who as I don’t want to weaken my staff

I think Tua’s best bet for success would be to hire Daboll as head coach and Daboll hire Dorsey as the Offensive Coordinator /assistant head coach.
Bills will Block their Coordinator Dorsey from a lateral move. There was a reason for the promotion this year. To make sure they can protect themselves and lose just 1. Daboll or Dorsey.

Fins should require Tua to work with Palmer in the offseason.

Bills will Block their Coordinator Dorsey from a lateral move. There was a reason for the promotion this year. To make sure they can protect themselves and lose just 1. Daboll or Dorsey.

Fins should require Tua to work with Palmer in the offseason.

I wonder if they could block the move if the Dolphins offered him the role of both offensive coordinator and assistant coach. That doesn’t seem to be a lateral move from passing game coordinator. To be honest I don’t really know if they could.

As fans, we really don't have a lot of information on these coaches who have only been coordinators. Can they lead, how do players respond to them, can they bring in quality coaches and can they delegate?

I don't know what the success rate is for first time coaches, but my guess would be that it's pretty low.

Of course, on the flip side, every successful coach was a first time head coach at one point.

I wonder if they could block the move if the Dolphins offered him the role of both offensive coordinator and assistant coach. That doesn’t seem to be a lateral move from passing game coordinator. To be honest I don’t really know if they could.
From what has been reported in Buffalo. Assistant HC isn’t anything but a title. It is the bonafide word in the NFL rules. And what was reported is the Passing Game Coordinator is considered a Bonafide Coordinator hence the lateral move. At the end of the day I cannot be for sure because I am interpreting local Buffalo reporters understanding and interpretation of a word the NFL doesn’t transparently define.

I think a superbowl ring deserves respect. Thats why my choice is Pederson. Also ex Dolphin. We have gone through a number of up and comers. Its time for proven winner.

From what has been reported in Buffalo. Assistant HC isn’t anything but a title. It is the bonafide word in the NFL rules. And what was reported is the Passing Game Coordinator is considered a Bonafide Coordinator hence the lateral move. At the end of the day I cannot be for sure because I am interpreting local Buffalo reporters understanding and interpretation of a word the NFL doesn’t transparently define.
It appears you are right.
Per NFL Rules

LATERAL OPPORTUNITIES

• Assistant coach to Non Head Coach opportunities
  • Note: “promotions” to coordinator level are NOT promotions under this policy; a coach is either an Assistant Coach or a Head Coach, period.

It appears you are right.
Per NFL Rules

LATERAL OPPORTUNITIES

• Assistant coach to Non Head Coach opportunities
  • Note: “promotions” to coordinator level are NOT promotions under this policy; a coach is either an Assistant Coach or a Head Coach, period.
Yeah that is what they are saying. However with the new blocking rules from 2020 that you cannot block for a bonafide position. That is where it comes in. If the NFL considers a passing game coordinator/ QB coach a Bonafide coordinator position then they can block on Lateral Move. However IF the NFL doesn’t than the Bills cannot block a Dorsey move.

Doug Pederson. Clear and obvious evidence that he is a good head coach, can build a good staff around him, and he also has a good pedigree as a former NFL QB and a former Andy Reid assistant.

This should be the easiest decision Ross has ever made.

Doug Pederson. Clear and obvious evidence that he is a good head coach, can build a good staff around him, and he also has a good pedigree as a former NFL QB and a former Andy Reid assistant.

This should be the easiest decision Ross has ever made.
Pederson has got to want to come here as well.

If you are Daboll would you take the job? I wouldn’t. Bad offensive personnel and if you don’t turn Tua around in one year?

Maybe any “QB whisperer/offensive genius” should have trepidations.

Back
Top Bottom