I see a lot of complaining in the threads when a HC request interview is requested | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I see a lot of complaining in the threads when a HC request interview is requested

I don’t disagree with what you’ve said, but if you’ve already proven over and over again that you can’t identify leaders and you can’t project future success, it might be time to look at a former HC.

There is actual evidence to review, not just projections.

It’s one of the reasons I’d be more interested in Frazier as a candidate than Daboll. I can look at Frazier’s performance when he was tasked with running a professional football team. What kind of staff did he put together? How did young players perform/develop? Did he overachieve or underachieve? Why did he lose the job and how has he changed? I could go on.

Or you could project, without evidence, that someone who only handles one segment of the team can do something he’s never been tasked with doing previously.

The Phins have tried it one way for nearly two decades. Time to try something “new.”
Yeah I can understand that as well. And Frazier would be a great hire if even half of the Flores Toxic stuff is true. He comes in and would command and give the respect. And immediately bring a legitimacy back to that the HC spot in MIA. All the soft spoken family talk he lives by not just coaches like would be a welcome change to the Brash toxicity.

Would likely bring Dorsey with him at OC from rumors and gut the D staff as much as he can.

My ONLY issue with him is what defensive scheme he will run? From what was reported when he was hired in Buffalo is he is a Cover 2 guy. And the Bills defense is a Cover 3 scheme (McDs that Leslie builds and calls). So I wonder if he goes back to the Cover 2 or sticks with the more pressure oriented Cover 3 they run in Buffalo.

I think Tua’s best bet for success would be to hire Daboll as head coach and Daboll hire Dorsey as the Offensive Coordinator /assistant head coach.
I really think that's not a bad solution here. I'm all for Harbaugh or Pederson but as a third choice if 1 and 2 are off the board Daboll as Head Coach and Dorsey as the new OC is bringing in a ton of football brain power in a hurry. 2 smart guys totally into the game. I have special love for Ken Dorsey ex QB of Miami Hurricanes. Maybe he'd like to come home and do some business. The team needs some heavy duty football people in the building. Daboll and Dorsey would get us some respect. We're getting hammered right now for being stupid. Additionally, it weakens a rival and we can gather endless intel from Daboll and Dorsey.

Selfishly I do NOT want Fins to hire Daboll or Frazier. (I actually think both would be a welcomed change from Flores). Just selfishly point who as I don’t want to weaken my staff.
Reading this makes me want Dabol a bit more.

My current list.

Pederson
Harbough
McMichael
Dabol
Bieniemy

I do not want
Either Dallas Coordinator
Hackett

My hell no list
Todd Bowels-movment
Vance Joseph

My current list.

Pederson
Harbough
McMichael
Dabol
Bieniemy

I do not want
Hackett

My hell no list
Todd Bowels-movment
Vance Joseph
Anything you want to know about Dabol Frazier or Dorsey (those seem to be the names most talked here let me know. Will give inputs.

If you do move on from Grier and start hearing Bills names attached to that same offer stands.

My current list.

Pederson
Harbough
McMichael
Dabol
Bieniemy

I do not want
Hackett

My hell no list
Todd Bowels-movment
Vance Joseph
I think you have a good list there. I would be lower on Bieniemy than you isthmus seems but good list.

Yeah I can understand that as well. And Frazier would be a great hire if even half of the Flores Toxic stuff is true. He comes in and would command and give the respect. And immediately bring a legitimacy back to that the HC spot in MIA. All the soft spoken family talk he lives by not just coaches like would be a welcome change to the Brash toxicity.

Would likely bring Dorsey with him at OC from rumors and gut the D staff as much as he can.

My ONLY issue with him is what defensive scheme he will run? From what was reported when he was hired in Buffalo is he is a Cover 2 guy. And the Bills defense is a Cover 3 scheme (McDs that Leslie builds and calls). So I wonder if he goes back to the Cover 2 or sticks with the more pressure oriented Cover 3 they run in Buffalo.
Challenge with Frazier is he is yet another defensive coach. Sure he’s was the coach of Minn for a few. I get that McD is another HC that’s comes from a defensive background. But Miami needs an offensive minded strategy badly!! The defense(outsides of some Mishaps) clearly has the talent to be playoff caliber.

For years it’s been the offense that’s been holding us back.

Ofcourse we know Dorsey very well in S.Florida. Great mind and honestly could help Tua a lot considering the physical “limitations” he heard as a player.

Harbaugh
McDaniel
And as a wild card
Thomas Brown (I was sold when they said “a young mike tomlin”
I have a sick feeling it’s gonna be Vance Joseph

Challenge with Frazier is he is yet another defensive coach. Sure he’s was the coach of Minn for a few. I get that McD is another HC that’s comes from a defensive background. But Miami needs an offensive minded strategy badly!! The defense(outsides of some Mishaps) clearly has the talent to be playoff caliber.

For years it’s been the offense that’s been holding us back.

Ofcourse we know Dorsey very well in S.Florida. Great mind and honestly could help Tua a lot considering the physical “limitations” he heard as a player.
I completely understand as I actually did not like when Bills went back to a defensive minded HC with McD either.

I am one that really likes an offensive mind as my HC because honestly that is how the NFL is built and played anymore so I can understand that. So your stance makes sense.

I also think Pederson makes sense here as he was one I was wanting McD to hire as OC when he was fired before Daboll.

But because of the reported toxic environment Flores established bringing respect back in the position also is important in this hire coming up.

I completely understand as I actually did not like when Bills went back to a defensive minded HC with McD either.

I am one that really likes an offensive mind as my HC because honestly that is how the NFL is built and played anymore so I can understand that. So your stance makes sense.

I also think Pederson makes sense here as he was one I was wanting McD to hire as OC when he was fired before Daboll.

But because of the reported toxic environment Flores established bringing respect back in the position also is important in this hire coming up.

There's rumors that Pederson isn't the mastermind behind Philly's offensive success. Instead it was his OC, Frank Reich, that was the real guru.

He's the current HC for Indy and they LOVE to run the ball.

No to mention Wentz looks like he belongs again.

There's rumors that Pederson isn't the mastermind behind Philly's offensive success. Instead it was his OC, Frank Reich, that was the real guru.

He's the current HC for Indy.
With the QB, better OL and Better RB and Indy missed the playoffs because of Wentz.

I am sure Reich had some to do with it. But the Philly concepts are not in Indy. So to keep it wasn’t all Reich just like it likely wasn’t all Pederson. Which is why a good staff is vital. Pederson identified a future HC and hired him. THAT does matter.

With the QB, better OL and Better RB and Indy missed the playoffs because of Wentz.

I am sure Reich had some to do with it. But the Philly concepts are not in Indy. So to keep it wasn’t all Reich just like it likely wasn’t all Pederson. Which is why a good staff is vital. Pederson identified a future HC and hired him. THAT does matter.
I've been saying this all day, the quicker we can find the HC the quicker we can land the great assistants.

Flores had an awful time finding good coordinators and position coaches and it hurt us mightily.

Selfishly I do NOT want Fins to hire Daboll or Frazier. (I actually think both would be a welcomed change from Flores). Just selfishly point who as I don’t want to weaken my staff.

Do you think if Daboll left he would be able to bring Dorsey with him?

That is my #1 thing if we hire him. I want Dorsey as OC.

I am really uncertain as to what I want here. I think Grier and Flo needed to go and we didn't do that so I think any coach brought in may not last

I am really uncertain as to what I want here. I think Grier and Flo needed to go and we didn't do that so I think any coach brought in may not last
If we're being honest if we suck next year there is a chance the new HC. Grier and Tua are all gone.

Back
Top Bottom