"I take responsibility" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I take responsibility"

finfan54 said:
Thats a very fine point. But I still say it was a no brainer to run the damn ball when thats what got ya there all day long. We had em on the ropes. We flung the rope when we should have just grabbed the bull by the horns.

I wish we would have run it instead of that PA pass with the INT as well.

By the way, I can stop laughing at how many different cliches and metaphors you combined in this post....:rofl3:

fishypete said:
Sorry...but what does instant results have to do with a bone head call? Was Saban not expecting results from that play? Maybe I wasn't expecting the Dolphins to win 12 games this season....but I was expecting them not to throw so many games away this season as last....thats not looking for instant results....just improvement.

Fishy...you really are hating on Saban, aren't you ?? That play call wasn't to off the wall. It had worked for us several times in this game and in past games. The play call was fine, the execution by Gus was horrible. He screwed up...It's funny, if you look at the NE/Colts game, Brady/BB did the same thing...threw that short inside slant pattern within the same series, once successfully for a 3rd down conversion and once unsuccessfully for a 4th down incompletion...the difference is that Brady threw the ball into the dirt instead of trying to thread it between the 3 guys covering it...I don't know about you guys, but I rather think that Brady has a chance of completing the pass much better than Gus...At any rate, the point is that the play had worked for them and they went back to it but it didn't work.. Because Gus threw the INT, Linehan/Saban get villified (sp)....but I'll bet Brady and BB didn't...

i agree man

theres a lot of people who are questioning saban as a coach b/c we are 3-5 now....THEY DON'T SEEM TO REMEMBER THAT LAST YEAR WE WERE 1-7 THROUGH 8 GAMES....saban has got it, i love the way his picks in the draft are having impact

channing crowder was in espn mag in a little article about rookie linebackers having a big-time impact
travis daniels is learning and developing
ronnie - the man is a beast and everbody was doubting him...WHERE IS CADDY NOW?

Dolphins_SR66 said:
I wish we would have run it instead of that PA pass with the INT as well.

By the way, I can stop laughing at how many different cliches and metaphors you combined in this post....:rofl3:

I still don't get it...why is it Linehan/Saban's fault if Gus throws an INT ???

dQbell said:
That's what coach Saban said about the 3rd and 2 call. So many people question because it didn't work. So many want instant results. Listen to Saban's post-game conferences. This man has it together. Listen to what he said about putting Sage in right now. I walk away from his press conferences inspired because he has an excellent philosophy of life that he applies to his coaching. I'm a bit weary of so many demanding impulsive decisions. Do this, do that. Sure, we can say that because we don't have to deal with the consequences of the decision. Congratulations, you're an armchair quarterback.

agree

LarryFinFan said:
I still don't get it...why is it Linehan/Saban's fault if Gus throws an INT ???

Its not in my mind.....

I dont have a problem with the play call.....I wanted us to run it and expected us to run it, but they called a pass. So, they saw something, quessed something, knew something I didnt.....and just because it was INT'd doesnt mean I was right in wanting or expecting a run.

Here is my line of thinking on why I expected the run. In that last drive, following the two passes on 1st and 2nd down I expected a run on 3rd & 2, because if you try to pass it and its incomplete (not even taking into account an INT), you limit your options on 4th down. Would you run it on 4th down with them jamming the box? Would you pass again because of this? That would be 4 straight passes when you were inside their 20.

I thought you run it on 3rd down. Maybe pick up the first (maybe go in for the tying score) or maybe pick up 1, but that sets up a 4&1. You have them quessing on another run or a pass but its not as much of a given as the PA incomplete pass on 3rd leaving you 4th down.

Thats all, I am ok with the PA call (it goes against my logic - but so does my wife) but it wasnt a bad call....it was just poorly executed.

Agreed!

Back
Top Bottom