I think its pretty clear what we need. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think its pretty clear what we need.

phinian

Practice Squad
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
Location
Connecticut
1. DT Traylor or bust. tbow is done. dt is a major NEED
2. safety schulters is going to atlanta so he is out
3. Center Mckinney < Ruddy and ruddy wasn't that good
4. General depth - cb, wr
5. Sign mcmichael to a long term deal. this will get done after we set our roster.

We have cap room, if upgrades fall into our lap at cb2 and wr3 then fine. it makes no sense to get law. Injured player asking for a fortune equals bad news. Lets focus on getting traylor. when dbow retires, our cap situation will be even better.

seems simple to me. :rolleyes:
 

wazzy

Practice Squad
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
0
Location
hamilton
We need to get T-bow to restructure his contract then we need to sign traylor and pick up a safety
 

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
14,132
Reaction score
142
Age
33
Location
East Berlin, PA
Hmm...

Center is the only need right now

Safety was solved by the pickups of elam and bigby [bigby might start]
 

Rich22

Phin DieHard!
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
7
phinian said:
1. DT Traylor or bust. tbow is done. dt is a major NEED
2. safety schulters is going to atlanta so he is out
3. Center Mckinney < Ruddy and ruddy wasn't that good
4. General depth - cb, wr
5. Sign mcmichael to a long term deal. this will get done after we set our roster.

We have cap room, if upgrades fall into our lap at cb2 and wr3 then fine. it makes no sense to get law. Injured player asking for a fortune equals bad news. Lets focus on getting traylor. when dbow retires, our cap situation will be even better.

seems simple to me. :rolleyes:

Just imagine if we have a real GM last year that instead of wasting a 4th rd pick to move up one spot they would have stayed where they were and picked Wolfork - this would be a non-issue and Timbo would have retired by now. I agree we need a 1 to 2 year DT until they can groom a young house to fill the middle. I'm not as worried about the secondary because I look at NE and they seem to be able to just plug anyone in there and they are okay. They won with no Milloy and no Law and heck a WR starting at DB whom they have thrown to the curve this offseason. Our D won't be at that maturity level this year but then again we aren't predicting a SB run either. I say keep the young safeties we have and DB's and let's build for the future. There will be pain though no doubt.
Out of all the positions we need to upgrade the Oline is hands down the top priority and center is even more important than LT IMO. Look at the great lines and almost everyone has a dominant center. We have a guy who the best quote about him you get after a game is that he sweats alot. What an impact guy! Ruddy was average on a good day but I actually miss him after watching McKinney.
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,039
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Location
England
Buddwalk said:
Hmm...

Center is the only need right now

Safety was solved by the pickups of elam and bigby [bigby might start]
you're crazy to think that... with the utmost respect. :)

There are reasons that 255 guys were picked in the draft and not Bigby.

Bigby is the saviour at FS, as much as Brock Berlin is at QB.
 

ffmfinfan

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
119
Reaction score
20
agreed

a dominating center is what makes a good line - we don't have a good center...
I hope Houck can somehow develop one within our roster... (wishfull thinking??)
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,039
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Location
England
ffmfinfan said:
agreed

a dominating center is what makes a good line - we don't have a good center...
I hope Houck can somehow develop one within our roster... (wishfull thinking??)
I dont think its too wishful... Smith, McKinney and Hadnot all have potential.
 

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
1,407
Location
Montreal
wazzy said:
We need to get T-bow to restructure his contract then we need to sign traylor and pick up a safety

Ok T-Bow allready restructured his contract for the veteran minimum. What do you want from him now? To go on Food stamps?
 

J Tes

next generation
Joined
Aug 9, 2003
Messages
2,362
Reaction score
0
Buddwalk said:
Hmm...

Center is the only need right now

Safety was solved by the pickups of elam and bigby [bigby might start]
I would hardly say that safety was solved by two very late undrafted F.A. signings. I'm also pretty sure that Bigby is a SS. We need a FS.
 

phinian

Practice Squad
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
Location
Connecticut
bigbie does not fill the need at safety. surprised you said he might start. if he does start that means everyone else is hurt. personally i wouldn't mind signing troy brown.. nothing wrong with having good football players on your team. oh wait thats sabans' philosophy.
 

byroan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
18,503
Reaction score
1
phinian said:
bigbie does not fill the need at safety. surprised you said he might start. if he does start that means everyone else is hurt. personally i wouldn't mind signing troy brown.. nothing wrong with having good football players on your team. oh wait thats sabans' philosophy.

He's already said we aren't interested in Troy Brown.
 

Philter25

MORE COWBELL!!!
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
1
Location
Arlington, VA
FS, C, and DT are still big needs.


TimBo is not going to make it this season. His rehab is not going well at all and he has walked out of rehab sessions out of frustration a few times. If we were set at DT, we would not be considering Traylor. Chester is also out of shape and overweight coming into camp. TimBo, if he doesnt retire, will be a backup DT and cant handle the stress of a full season as a starter.

C we are stuck with. Its McKinney unless someone else on the Oline emerges. There are no C's left so were basically stuck with him til next year.

FS is still a need. Name one person on our team who has started a full year at FS. Im not jumping because we signed a UDFA. If Bigbry was a starting FS material, dont you think someone would have drafted him? Now I will be deeeelighted if he has a wonderful preseason and wins the starting job, but im not banking on it. Right now IMO the FS spot is Bell's to lose...... either by injury or competition.... :lol:
 

Philter25

MORE COWBELL!!!
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
1
Location
Arlington, VA
phinian said:
bigbie does not fill the need at safety. surprised you said he might start. if he does start that means everyone else is hurt. personally i wouldn't mind signing troy brown.. nothing wrong with having good football players on your team. oh wait thats sabans' philosophy.
Troy Brown? give me a break. We are not signing him. Hes back with the Pats next year.
 
Top Bottom