I think Saban will trade out of 1st pick. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think Saban will trade out of 1st pick.

I to also see that as a possiblility but only if the impact player we are looking at is still falling in the draft and we can still pic them up, and i would prefer a trade down with a team still in the first round like a denver were we can still get a 1st round pic and pic up a 2nd and hopefully a third, but more than likely a 4th

A #1, 2 #2, and 2 #3 or #3 and #4 would be tight

miamirw said:
No one is talking about Drew Stanton. Here's a guy that was projected to be a first round pick at the beginning of the year.

Saw three of his games this year including the Notre Dame Michigan State game.

The guy is good.

I like the idea of picking up a couple 2nd round picks. We could get everything we need with 3 twos and 2 threes.

2A QB (Drew Stanton)
2B CB
2C OL
3A WR
3B OLB

stanton is staying at mich st, thats why nobody talks about him

zed said:
Fletcher was not a reach , he was a bust but went where projected. Vernon Carey was a reach. Wade Smith and Taylor Whitly were downright pure reaches.

What about possible Undrafted FA Eddie Moore in the second....biggest reach ever. Moore wasn't even watching the draft because he knew he wouldn't be drafted day one. They got a hold of him on a golf course!

But to the thread....I wouldn't mind trading out of #16 if we got a first round pick next year. If say we trade with Detroit for their 2nd round pick this year, and their first next year. We would then have the #9 and #16 picks in the second round, plus we would have two 1st round picks next year.

Can you imagine if we improved a bit, or stayed about the same next year with a 9-7 record, and then have 2 first round picks. That would really launch us into Super Bowl contenders I would think.

DBoston80 said:
I have total trust in Saban!! Whatever he does I think will be the right move.

Well that makes for lively debate.

Ryan1973 said:
To me, it just depends on who is on the board when they pick. If a guy like a Michael Huff or a stud LT is sitting there, I wouldn't want them to trade down.

You're right...now the only thing he is probably working on is how to trade up...not that we're dead set on that, it's just a possibility.

When we get to our pick, he will probably try to trade down but only if there isn't someone he really wants available... Remember all the smoke screens he put up last year when he knew he wanted Ronnie...but he would have been willing to trade for the right deal.

zed said:
Well that makes for lively debate.

I'm always good for one;) ....

..how bout this?? If a player he wants is there at 16 he takes him...If not he trades down if he finds the right deal...

Man can I ever debate!! :evil:

BlueFin said:
You can't really form an intelligent opinion on this subject until you know who will be available at our pick.

Sometimes two picks are not better than one, we thought Yimmie knew talent as well when he traded down and got John Avery & (a receiver who flopped in the 3rd round...name?) instead of Randy Moss had we stayed put.

If a true impact player slips to 16, I'd rather have that than two shots in the second round on players with some question marks.

definitely rather have the impact player, and the receiver was larry shannon.

If Cutler is there, we cant trade down. If not, I wouldnt mind.

We will get atlest someone's frist pick next year and a pick in this draft to trade out of the 1st round.

***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

BlueFin said:
You can't really form an intelligent opinion on this subject until you know who will be available at our pick.

Sometimes two picks are not better than one, we thought Yimmie knew talent as well when he traded down and got John Avery & (a receiver who flopped in the 3rd round...name?) instead of Randy Moss had we stayed put.

If a true impact player slips to 16, I'd rather have that than two shots in the second round on players with some question marks.
Yatil Green?

There is no way we should trade down. This is a very good draft and we will be able to draft a difference maker at our pick at 16. Now if Cutler, one of the OLBs, and Michael Huff aren't there and you are only talking about trading down a few picks then fine, but trading back to the end of the first or out of the first would be a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom