I Think The Call By Carter To Wanny Helped... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Think The Call By Carter To Wanny Helped...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello to All... Not too much news this week---with the Dolphins brass having to go to the Annual Owners Meeting this past week...but everyone in the Dolphins braintrust will surely be meeting today---to discuss among other things---whether or not to offer FA WR CRIS CARTER a contract....and if they do....what ramifications of this signing will take place afterwards...mainly on what WR's will be affected?

The only thing I can say about this is two things. I believe if we can sign Cris CARTER for the veteran minimum with incentives....then you have to do it. WHY? Because we have a QB who really needs as much talent as you can possibly put out there--on the field with him. I don't look at signing CARTER as anything but the Dolphins just doing another great job at adding another very good player to the roster. And here...in CARTER...you are talking about a guy who is a model of consistency....on the field. You can talk about all the other outbursts, and shanningans...etc. that Carter showed last season with the VIKES....but that team was literally a team that deserved that title....SEASON on the BRINK. That did not look good last season....and CARTER was right there in the middle of that circus.....but hey....this is his last hurrah now....and if CARTER wants to pledge his allegiance and be a team player...then how can the DOlphins be blamed on signing a future HOF reciever for the veteran minimum...which I believe is around $750,000 for a player of his service. The DOlphins will surely weigh all the opinions....and it may even have to come down to a damn straw count....but at least CARTER did something that may have gone a long way...
Carter called WANNY this past TUESDAY....and both men talked for a long time. Carter had previously called both JAY FIEDLER and even RICKY WILLIAMS to say he wanted to be a member of the Dolphins. You can bet that WANNY has done all his homework on CARTER.....probably making calls all over the league...even talking to probably DENNIS GREEN about CC. His homework is done.....and the phonecall by he and CARTER will be brought forward to the rest of his staff tomorrow.......within the next few days....we will know whether or not CRIS CARTER will be playing for the Miami Dolphins.
DCH

I'll say this, my stance on signing Carter will only change if he proves not to be an off the field distraction.

Also if Wanny puts as much effort into doing background checks on Carter as he did with Ricky then I'll feel alot better about it.

If Carter acts up the players better give that boy an old fashion blanket party!!!!! :stooges:

As of now I'm still not for it. :nono:

BTW: Dennis Green is the LAST person I'd ask for advise on his old players.:rolleyes:

I think having Cris Carter could benefit the team. I think he would have a positive influen one Chris Chambers and provide a "go to guy" for Fiedler. I think Carter is a prick, but it's worh the risk because he is a damn good ball player. The bottom line on him is that he SCORES TOUCHDOWNS!

What was it that Buddy Ryan said about him?
"All he does is catch touchdowns"
I'm ok with that!!!!!

Nope all I want him to do (if they do sign him) is come in shut up, play football and keep his nose out of everyone elses business, and PLEASE leave Chris Chambers alone!!!!!!!
Last thing we need is another Randy Moss. :eek:

I hate that motto "all I do is catch touchdowns" it shows signs of selfishness. I cringe everytime Chris (the Bills fan) Berman and Tom (Berman's yes man) Jackson say it. :fire:

I am starting to like Carter a little more since he is one of the best WRs of all time and is still good, but I don't like how he fights with teammates and I would rather have a player who doesn't hurt team chemistry like Carter did this year.

the thing about carter, he only heats up and becomes a distraction when his team is losing. he channels his aggressions the wrong way, but it does show that he cares and thats becoming pretty rare these days. wouldnt mind having RW, minor, OG, chambers, carter, mcknight(just hang on to the pill)and ward as recieving weapons near the goal line. sure up the OL, and this could be the most explosive offense(to go along with a top 5 D and solid special teams) we've had in a long time

To me the most important thing is the chemistry between JF and Carter. Jay is the leader on offense and will have to handle any "attitude" Carter might display. If he can, the offense will have even more respect for their QB and that should equate to an even better effort by our O. If JF can`t handle Carter..............

I dont believe this crap !! You guys who dont want carter have very short memories ...Lamar smith -drunkdriving and parelizes his friend ..you all cheered for him ! How about lawrence phillips ? or cecil collins ? the list goes on and on ...bobby humphry ...sammie smith !!! And you guys wanna knock a guy like carter ,who has motre skills than ANY reciever we have now!? Get a clue ! Carter is an asset we should have ..anyone remember the last 2 years wideout injuries ????? last year was a joke chambers goes down and we have nothing!!!! Now there are idiots in here saying we ALREADY are set at wide out?!!! Im sorry but anyone who doesnt see carter as a huge help to this unit is not being realistic!!! Orande has bad toes !ward has had two foot surgeries ! and mcknight just cant seem to get it done ....By the way chambers was hurt last year too !!! Ohh but we are all set at wide out !!???Im starting to think dolphin fans are as dumb as some other teams fans have pointed out ....sad

Originally posted by badfoot
I dont believe this crap !! You guys who dont want carter have very short memories ...Lamar smith -drunkdriving and parelizes his friend ..you all cheered for him ! How about lawrence phillips ? or cecil collins ? the list goes on and on ...bobby humphry ...sammie smith !!! And you guys wanna knock a guy like carter ,who has motre skills than ANY reciever we have now!? Get a clue ! Carter is an asset we should have ..anyone remember the last 2 years wideout injuries ????? last year was a joke chambers goes down and we have nothing!!!! Now there are idiots in here saying we ALREADY are set at wide out?!!! Im sorry but anyone who doesnt see carter as a huge help to this unit is not being realistic!!! Orande has bad toes !ward has had two foot surgeries ! and mcknight just cant seem to get it done ....By the way chambers was hurt last year too !!! Ohh but we are all set at wide out !!???Im starting to think dolphin fans are as dumb as some other teams fans have pointed out ....sad

HMMMMM................You sound just like C. Carter. Carter has an obvious attitude problem and if you don`t see that then you`re the idiot.

capt dick ..the name fits get a grip boyo!

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

HMMMMM................You sound just like C. Carter. Carter has an obvious attitude problem and if you don`t see that then you`re the idiot.

BTW..............MB`d are for differing views. Because someone might have a differant view than you does`nt make them an idiot. Ease up on the name call`n.

by the way dick i noticed you didnt comment on the rest of the post ..you must of got caught on the idiot part ....hmmm i wonder why?..Try looking at the whole post it IS legitimate .You were the guy who was happy we got cecil the diesel right?

ok i take back idiots and insert metally challenged?

Originally posted by badfoot
Im starting to think dolphin fans are as dumb as some other teams fans have pointed out ....sad
Who you callin' dumb badfoot? You should pull your foot outta your mouth before you start callin dolphin fans dumb on a dolphins board. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom