"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this." - Chris Mortensen regarding Flynn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this." - Chris Mortensen regarding Flynn

phinmanniac

Rookie
Reaction score
"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this. Joe Philbin is the Dolphins head coach, he knows how good Matt Flynn is. I think he wanted Matt Flynn. I think they low bid him, I think the Seahawks stole him. They stole him for a very good price"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/62169/video-roundtable-on-seahawks-matt-flynn

Have to admit I'm still hurt over losing Flynn. Every analyst I've heard seems to be convinced he's the real deal. A starter and potential franchise quarterback. IMHO, I agree, we blew it badly!

Or - Joe Philbin knew the extent of Flynn's abilities, and didn't want us to invest too much in him. But only time will tell.

Same analysts that absolutely, unquestionably KNEW that Brady Quinn would not only be our pick, but the best QB EVER???

Chris Mortensen is just trying to earn a paycheck...at the expense of our franchise.

Worst thing is, whether he's wrong or right, he still gets a rediculous paycheck.

I still go back to my original point.

Chris Mortensen, whether or not he is even close to being right, will never be called upon to defend this piece.

IF he is correct, then he's genius, if he isn't at all.... he's still genius. I need a G-damn job like that personally.

I'm not quite sure what to even think about this whole situation.

The fact that we were bidding with seattle and made an offer for his services tells you that 1. we wanted him. and 2. if we got him, we would have considered our QB situation taken care of.

What i take issue with, is if we believed even for a second that he would be the answer to our QB issues... you don't get outbid.. especially when the final price wasn't steep by any means. If you don't think Flynn is the answer, who gives a crap what the media thought... that Flynn and Philbin would be perfect blah blah blah. if we didnt think he was the answer, you dont make an offer at all.

But if you make an offer, you think hes the answer, then you dont let him walk out the door.. especially when all the signs seemed to point in our favor.

Best thing to do is to pretty much stop listening or stop caring about what the media says. There ya go. They know as much as us...nothing.

How will we ever know if Philbin pushed for him, it will always be conjecture on our parts. Just like we still don't know how much of this regimes first drafts were Parcells or Ireland, where exactly do we lay the blame of wasting a second round pick on pat white?

I personally was never high on Flynn. The ONLY benefit i saw we would have bringing him in is having a QB already set to run Philbin's offense and we could use our 1st Round pick on another position, like DeCastro, Floyd or Kuechly. Since we didn't, i think we are set to take Tannehill.

The price Ireland and Philbin offered him was as a backup who could compete, not starter money. That tells me all I need to know about what Philbin believes about him being a full time starter.

I'd also like to point out that on NFLN's path to the draft, the league insiders stated that even with signing Matt Flynn, the Seattle Seahawks would not hesitate to draft Ryan Tannehill if he is available at 12.

i'm still a firm believer in the "if we wanted him, we would had gotten him"

Not saying he will be great but this is classic Miami FA...We either payout our ass for decent players or we low ball the heck out of every1 else.

Back
Top Bottom