I think the Redskins take Tua | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think the Redskins take Tua

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Ron Rivera took Newton w the Panthers who had Jimmy Clausen on his rookie year and Matt Moore the previous year starter. Haskins gives them time to assess Tua's health while they assess Haskins' development. If Tua doesn't recover they just keep on rolling w Haskins.

I think if Tua can do a 20 min qb drill at Alabama's pro-day and look good, feel good, all smiles and **** he's gonna be a lock by draft day. As in we'll all know we're the **** out of luck after march 15 or so when all mocks start projecting Tua at 2.

One of the reason we should move up now to 3 is that should this happen, we can pick a price for 3 more than what we would have to give up to get there. The prize being Chase Young. If Tua's gone then we have build up 2021 stock because the alternatives are not great.

I guess it depends on how highly they rate Chase Young and whether they think the potential upgrade from Haskins to Tua (factoring in the injury risk) means it’s worth passing on Young.

I’m sure it would be lovely to have two young first round QBs under rookie contracts to see which one pans out, but they’re picking #2 because they’re a bad team and have holes to fill.

Last edited:
If they do they do and we move on. If the Titans showed us something last night is that you need a whole team and not just a QB. I like Tua and if he's there at 5 then great but it will take more than just a QB to get us a super bowl.

If they did then, IMO, there's no reason for the Dolphins to stay at 5. If it's possible at all to trade down to 8-13 range then they should do so.

Yeah, outside of Tua and Burrow, you're looking at a group of prospects that can be great but whose impacts won't match that of two very good prospects (who also can be great), and then you have a group of QB's who could work out but have significantly lower odds of being what you need in a QB - thinking of Love, Herbert, and Fromm.

Someone will have to really want Love or Herbert to execute a trade down, but I think it's a realistic scenario.

If they do they do and we move on. If the Titans showed us something last night is that you need a whole team and not just a QB. I like Tua and if he's there at 5 then great but it will take more than just a QB to get us a super bowl.
I have to consider the trade up to 3 if it means losing the QB I targeted.

Yeah, outside of Tua and Burrow, you're looking at a group of prospects that can be great but whose impacts won't match that of two very good prospects (who also can be great), and then you have a group of QB's who could work out but have significantly lower odds of being what you need in a QB - thinking of Love, Herbert, and Fromm.

Someone will have to really want Love or Herbert to execute a trade down, but I think it's a realistic scenario.
[/Q
UOTE]

Agree- but only after exhausting legitimate options for drafting Tua 3,4 or 5.
If it becomes impossible- I consider a trade down to a Herbert loving team.
Target Jacksonville who is at 9, 20, 42.

If Jx Desperate : Trade 5 for 9 and 20.
Gives us 9,18, 20, 25, 39, 56.
Consider Love at #9, Eason #20.

Ron Rivera ride and died with Cam. Will he do the same with Haskins? I don't think they draft a QB in the 1st round unless they trade down. I think Tua will be there for us at 5. Just need to be patient.

Hell its risky enough investing a top 5 pick on a guy with medical concerns, let alone trading up to get him!

Haskins is better than Tua. Bigger volume, bigger arm, bigger, can take pounding, bigger contribution to the team.

Back
Top Bottom