I think the Redskins take Tua | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think the Redskins take Tua

One of the reason we should move up now to 3 is that should this happen, we can pick a price for 3 more than what we would have to give up to get there. The prize being Chase Young. If Tua's gone then we have build up 2021 stock because the alternatives are not great.

Wait! Why would any team at #3 trade to Miami if they could get more from another team?

Wait! Why would any team at #3 trade to Miami if they could get more from another team?

Because Detroit can still get the player they were targeting most probably by switching with a team only two spots behind them. If they traded with another team that might not happen. The trade chart says 39 and a 7th is value. If Tua's gone or not an option at 3 for us, we can drop a lot lower than Detroit because we have the 3 picks and so many holes, Detroit need to hit on their 1a, we don't have that same pressure because of multiple reasons.

Ron Rivera took Newton w the Panthers who had Jimmy Clausen on his rookie year and Matt Moore the previous year starter. Haskins gives them time to assess Tua's health while they assess Haskins' development. If Tua doesn't recover they just keep on rolling w Haskins.

I think if Tua can do a 20 min qb drill at Alabama's pro-day and look good, feel good, all smiles and **** he's gonna be a lock by draft day. As in we'll all know we're the **** out of luck after march 15 or so when all mocks start projecting Tua at 2.
Taking Newton when you have Claussen has zero comparison to taking Tua when you have Haskins. Claussen was taken in the middle of the second round and his rookie year he was epically bad (5.2 yards per pass, 3 TD to 9 INT). Haskins was taken 15th overall and showed some promise. Secondly, there were zero injury concerns with Newton.

I think when your target is a QB these days, you can throw your draft position and the draft value chart out the window, you're effectively taking part in an auction.

One of the reason we should move up now to 3 is that should this happen, we can pick a price for 3 more than what we would have to give up to get there. The prize being Chase Young. If Tua's gone then we have build up 2021 stock because the alternatives are not great.

Not a bad idea. Move to 3 before the draft and guarantee yourself Burrow, Tua or Young... with the option to trade out for a boatload of picks, including 2021 picks.

You can't make a trade like that without certainty of your quarterback at the other end. Otherwise a positional player like Chase Young simply doesn't impact enough plays to justify it. I think posters here are being overly influenced by the 49ers this season, and ignoring how difficult it is to assemble that type of defense, and how short the relevancy window is if you do assemble it.

If the Redskins want to go that route while relying on Haskins at the helm, all the best to them. Chase Young does seem to fit nicely with that team. My impression is that Ron Rivera does not have as much power with Washington as with Carolina, regardless of what he wants to do. Once you've been fired the second time is a reprieve and especially in the early stages before you've established anything with the new team it's partially thank you very much and I'll watch from back here in the corner.

If the Dolphins do shuffle around I think a priority should be to find a difference maker receiver. Take your best shot. The Ravens game yesterday again displayed the vast different between regular season caliber skill position guys and Super Bowl caliber elite. Other than Hollywood Brown those Ravens guys looked incredibly overmatched and failed time and again. I guarantee it will become a focus for Baltimore and John Harbaugh. Mark Andrews is a nice hard trying player but the athletic weaknesses that pushed him down to the 3rd round showed up yesterday. He couldn't get separation. He may have singlehandedly changed the course of that game when he couldn't jump 6 inches off the ground on a very catchable pass from Jackson which turned into a deflected interception leading to a touchdown.

What are you taking about? The ravens don’t have a stud boundary WR because their QB can’t throw to the boundary. Beyond a second read, Jackson is lost. It’s all crossing routes and deep lobs. Kid is such a threat running it worked for the entire regular season. I believe the team was purposely built that way to maximize what the kid can actually do. If you made this case for a team like the Bills I’d agree 100%.

Dolphins taking a WR with no valid QB on the roster and needing 5 OL is ridiculous. They already have enough talent on the roster and for a budget price. Parker and Preston, if he recovers from injury, are more than enough talent wise to at least kick the tires on while we build the trenches.

Also, the redskins taking a QB in round 1 is ridiculous. The cardinals did it and look how that worked out for them. They’re going to be cellar dwellers for another 5 years.

Two reasons why Detroit might choose to trade with us even though there may be a better value offer:

1. Trading back with us means only moving two spots and only having to worry about NYG taking the same player they would have taken if they'd have stayed at 3. If they value someone like Okudah or Brown higher enough than others and know NY won't take them it may be they're willing to accept less just get get something and still guarantee the stud player they want. The further they trade back, the more they put that at risk.

2. We can offer more this year - another team might be able to put together a better package if it includes picks next year, but with Patricia and Quinn in win-now mode they may accept a 'lesser' offer if it means getting all the picks this year. San Diego or Carolina's 2021 #1 won't mean **** to them if they're out of a job, maybe they'd prefer a 2020 second rounder from us instead.

The status of Patricia and Quinn is definitely something we can exploit.

You can't make a trade like that without certainty of your quarterback at the other end. Otherwise a positional player like Chase Young simply doesn't impact enough plays to justify it. I think posters here are being overly influenced by the 49ers this season, and ignoring how difficult it is to assemble that type of defense, and how short the relevancy window is if you do assemble it.

If the Redskins want to go that route while relying on Haskins at the helm, all the best to them. Chase Young does seem to fit nicely with that team. My impression is that Ron Rivera does not have as much power with Washington as with Carolina, regardless of what he wants to do. Once you've been fired the second time is a reprieve and especially in the early stages before you've established anything with the new team it's partially thank you very much and I'll watch from back here in the corner.

If the Dolphins do shuffle around I think a priority should be to find a difference maker receiver. Take your best shot. The Ravens game yesterday again displayed the vast different between regular season caliber skill position guys and Super Bowl caliber elite. Other than Hollywood Brown those Ravens guys looked incredibly overmatched and failed time and again. I guarantee it will become a focus for Baltimore and John Harbaugh. Mark Andrews is a nice hard trying player but the athletic weaknesses that pushed him down to the 3rd round showed up yesterday. He couldn't get separation. He may have singlehandedly changed the course of that game when he couldn't jump 6 inches off the ground on a very catchable pass from Jackson which turned into a deflected interception leading to a touchdown.
You don't think we have enough at receiver with the leaps Parker made this year and the promise Preston Williams showed? Parker was clearly a difference maker in the second half of the season and he capped it off by slicing up what many call the best corner in the league.

I thought Kyler Murray had a good rookie season to be fair.

they’re basically resetting again after just cleaning house with a new staff. If the redskins were smart they’d build their trenches and worry about QB 2-4 years from now. Maybe Haskins is the dude? Maybe not but they’re already pot committed after drafting him so early in round 1

Two reasons why Detroit might choose to trade with us even though there may be a better value offer:

1. Trading back with us means only moving two spots and only having to worry about NYG taking the same player they would have taken if they'd have stayed at 3. If they value someone like Okudah or Brown higher enough than others and know NY won't take them it may be they're willing to accept less just get get something and still guarantee the stud player they want. The further they trade back, the more they put that at risk.

2. We can offer more this year - another team might be able to put together a better package if it includes picks next year, but with Patricia and Quinn in win-now mode they may accept a 'lesser' offer if it means getting all the picks this year. San Diego or Carolina's 2021 #1 won't mean **** to them if they're out of a job, maybe they'd prefer a 2020 second rounder from us instead.

The status of Patricia and Quinn is definitely something we can exploit.

What baffles me is the fact the Lions moved on from Caldwell, I mean in 4 seasons he had one 11 win season, and two 9 win seasons. And they wanted to "go in a different direction". Well so far its the direction of picking in the top 5 all the time. Geez Patricia has 9 wins in 2 seasons, Caldwell had 36 in 4 meaning Patricia would have to average 13.5 wins the next two years to have the same record after 4 seasons.

No way they take a QB but almost have to be listening to offers, they need players BAD and guys who can play right away. 5-11 means Patricia is a coordinator for the rest of his career. So i agree that there is something to exploit and may not even have to give up a ton, a early 2nd rounder and #5 could do it if there are no other reasonable offers. If it cost an additional 1st i would swallow it, especially after FA And having some holes filled there.

So IMO FA is the big tell as far as draft direction. Lots of holes can be filled with quality players, many of which will likely not break the bank. Have to say I am happy with the mentality of signing 7 $8/9 million players versus 2 $19 million players.

What baffles me is the fact the Lions moved on from Caldwell, I mean in 4 seasons he had one 11 win season, and two 9 win seasons. And they wanted to "go in a different direction". Well so far its the direction of picking in the top 5 all the time. Geez Patricia has 9 wins in 2 seasons, Caldwell had 36 in 4 meaning Patricia would have to average 13.5 wins the next two years to have the same record after 4 seasons.

No way they take a QB but almost have to be listening to offers, they need players BAD and guys who can play right away. 5-11 means Patricia is a coordinator for the rest of his career. So i agree that there is something to exploit and may not even have to give up a ton, a early 2nd rounder and #5 could do it if there are no other reasonable offers. If it cost an additional 1st i would swallow it, especially after FA And having some holes filled there.

So IMO FA is the big tell as far as draft direction. Lots of holes can be filled with quality players, many of which will likely not break the bank. Have to say I am happy with the mentality of signing 7 $8/9 million players versus 2 $19 million players.

This is exactly what I was thinking in earlier posts I made, bu this is a much better explanation.

Back
Top Bottom