I think the Redskins take Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think the Redskins take Tua

One of the reason we should move up now to 3 is that should this happen, we can pick a price for 3 more than what we would have to give up to get there. The prize being Chase Young. If Tua's gone then we have build up 2021 stock because the alternatives are not great.

You can't make a trade like that without certainty of your quarterback at the other end. Otherwise a positional player like Chase Young simply doesn't impact enough plays to justify it. I think posters here are being overly influenced by the 49ers this season, and ignoring how difficult it is to assemble that type of defense, and how short the relevancy window is if you do assemble it.

If the Redskins want to go that route while relying on Haskins at the helm, all the best to them. Chase Young does seem to fit nicely with that team. My impression is that Ron Rivera does not have as much power with Washington as with Carolina, regardless of what he wants to do. Once you've been fired the second time is a reprieve and especially in the early stages before you've established anything with the new team it's partially thank you very much and I'll watch from back here in the corner.

If the Dolphins do shuffle around I think a priority should be to find a difference maker receiver. Take your best shot. The Ravens game yesterday again displayed the vast different between regular season caliber skill position guys and Super Bowl caliber elite. Other than Hollywood Brown those Ravens guys looked incredibly overmatched and failed time and again. I guarantee it will become a focus for Baltimore and John Harbaugh. Mark Andrews is a nice hard trying player but the athletic weaknesses that pushed him down to the 3rd round showed up yesterday. He couldn't get separation. He may have singlehandedly changed the course of that game when he couldn't jump 6 inches off the ground on a very catchable pass from Jackson which turned into a deflected interception leading to a touchdown.

Washington isn’t drafting another QB especially a broken QB. How did RGIII work for them. Trading up for Mr Glass is stupid.

I thoughts Haskins did as well as anyone possibly could considering the **** show he was brought into. Passing on Chase Young to draft the human potato chip doesn’t seem like a move the new regime in Washington will make. C

If they do they do and we move on. If the Titans showed us something last night is that you need a whole team and not just a QB. I like Tua and if he's there at 5 then great but it will take more than just a QB to get us a super bowl.

I think you are sincere

Listen I think pretty much everyone understands that and is going to field a full roster and play 11 at a time but who leads and commands the players on the field?

The question is do you start with your commander or the field soldiers?? And if history teaches us anything the commander really matters

Even on D - Ray Lewis was the emotional and physical leader of that side and it carried over to the O but that is the outlier isn’t it?

Manning x2 ; Brady ; Brees ; Rodgers ; Wilson these are Commanders this is the tried and true proven way

Last edited:
This would be a disaster for the Dolphins. If they tore down their roster to load up on draft capital only to get trumped at the QB position would be so Miami Dolphins.

Or better yet, tearing down the roster only to use those picks as bargaining chips in the upcoming draft.

I'm reminded of the expression cutting off your nose to spite your face ...

Maybe we can trade our second round pick for Haskins lol.

I think you are sincere

Listen I think pretty much everyone understands that and is going to field a full roster and play 11 at a time but who leads and commands the players on the field?

The question is do you start with your commander or the field soldiers?? And if history teaches us anything the commander really matters

Even on D - Ray Lewis was the emotional and physical leader of that side and it carried over to the O but that is the outlier isn’t it?

Manning x2 ; Brady ; Brees ; Rodgers ; Wilson these are Commanders this is the tried and true proven way
I totally agree that QB is the most important position. having said that, you need a whole team and this year we have 5 picks in the first two rounds and I'd love for us to get 5 good players instead of only two. If Tua is there at 5 I'd take him but trading up for him I'd not do. But I'm no expert.

I honestly don’t see any of the teams currently in front of us taking Tua.

...but man it would be very attractive to them to trade down and acquire multiple picks for another team that wants him badly enough. Skins, Giants and Lions all have “open for business” signs on themselves right now.

For what it’s worth, if I were the Dolphins I would stick it out at 5. They need a ton of talent on this team at more than just one (admittedly important) position.

I honestly don’t see any of the teams currently in front of us taking Tua.

...but man it would be very attractive to them to trade down and acquire multiple picks for another team that wants him badly enough. Skins, Giants and Lions all have “open for business” signs on themselves right now.

For what it’s worth, if I were the Dolphins I would stick it out at 5. They need a ton of talent on this team at more than just one (admittedly important) position.

Gettleman never trades down, so it would be a shock if the Giants are in the mix. The Skins risk losing Chase Young if they move and thats not a great start for their new HC in front of the fan base. The Lions are the most obvious danger to dealing with another team or just taking him himself. That's why I would be on the phone now offering our 2nd rounder and a 7th to move up two spots.

If Tua is healthy I see Cincinnati taking him.
He is not healthy he is putting himself in the hands of God - playing off the tape he set down for a season and change - living on faith - not facts

If anything expect a trade out for a team with Big Balls to take a chance

Ron Rivera took Newton w the Panthers who had Jimmy Clausen on his rookie year and Matt Moore the previous year starter. Haskins gives them time to assess Tua's health while they assess Haskins' development. If Tua doesn't recover they just keep on rolling w Haskins.

I think if Tua can do a 20 min qb drill at Alabama's pro-day and look good, feel good, all smiles and **** he's gonna be a lock by draft day. As in we'll all know we're the **** out of luck after march 15 or so when all mocks start projecting Tua at 2.
Jimmy Clausen was taken in the middle of the 2nd round, not quite the same as #2 overall

I think you are sincere

Agree, but if Washington does take Tua Miami has to move on. Maybe its Herbert if they believe in him. Maybe its building the team around the quarterback position and taking one next year.

I don't think Washington will go quarterback there, but they might leak that information to get a team to move up.

But, I do agree with your premise and do hope the Dolphins get Tua, preferably st #5.

Back
Top Bottom