I Think This Game Turned Ryan Tannehill Supporters Away | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Think This Game Turned Ryan Tannehill Supporters Away

Can Miami win with Ryan Tannehill

• Total voters
I'll be honest. I've been on and off. Not consistent. But recently more off than on. I want him to succeed but this game solidified for me that he will never get there. I see a mental regression in his play that I did not expect after the injury.... or that I hoped would result in maturity coming from thought while away. For one, guy still can't figure out when to throw the ball away.... I give up.

I don't think the question is specific enough. Can they win with him with the current state of the team? No probably not. Could they win with him if they had an alpha WR, a better OL, a better coach, and a stud TE? Yes they can.

With all the things you stated, I still see RT leading that team to no better than a 9-7 or 8-8 season. He's just not an upper-tier quarterback.

Unfortunately, I think you’re right my friend.

Tannehill isn’t a bad quarterback at all. He’s had great moments and has done stuff a lot of other quarterbacks can’t do. However, he ALWAYS falls in big moments. He needs everything around him to be perfect to win. Miami isn’t going anywhere significant with him and although he’s good enough to get Miami to the playoffs he’s never going to be good enough to hoist a Lombardi barring Miami having the best defense in the NFL.

They mentioned something like 11 4th quarter comebacks that Tannehill has had, so I wouldn't say "ALWAYS", but I understand your frustration.

I've been a supporter but I just don't see this working. We can win some games with him but is he the answer? I don't think so. Gase is right there too. He lets Rizi run the ST's and he lets Burke run the defense. All Gase has to do is run the offense but yet this offense can not score enough points to win. So at this point Gase's not the answer either.

That applies to 90% of the QBs.

The question today was not can we win with him. He actually cost us the game today with extremely stupid, rookie-like mistakes. No matter how you view the OL but both return TDs came when he made the conscious decision to a) throw the ball into a bunch of people which you shold never do when you are trying to throw the ball away and b) he cleared the pressure and was negligent with the ball and holding on too long.

The most horrifying is that our O faced one of the worst Ds in the NFL and that our own D only surrendered 13 points to an offensive juggernaut. Our offense outscored themselves 14-13. You might as well play without an offense.

Yeah that was just my way of saying he's an average to slightly above average QB who could Dilfer/Brad Johnson his way if the team had elite pieces around him. He'll probably never be what people thought 2016 would bring. But he's still the best QB we've had in a while, but it's probably time to move on.

Ryan on an above-average team with an above-average line could succeed in my opinion. His faults, that being not a top-tier quarterback, is exasperated bye having a very poorly designed offense and what I feel is the worst offensive line in football

I don't change my opinion on a dime. He's an average QB. Never the solution or the problem. When he faces adversity he crumbles. I've seen it for 7 years now. A below .500 QB with no accomplishments under his name. It's the same excuses every year. We make changes to everything but the QB.

he doesnt have it. hes below average in this league and getting older. its time to move on

Reactions: BSQ
I’m a Tannehill supporter but these last two weeks have really left a sour taste in my mouth. Not so much last week... i mean cmon... it’s NE but still he didn’t do squat hardly. This game started out solid and just turned into a wreck. Why does he get so many batted balls at the line? Both turnovers were because of that

I doubt with Osweiler in there the offensive output would be any different than Tannehill in there.

0 points last week, 10 this week

he doesn't look the same anymore, 10-15% below his standards. his standards were already fringe mediocre.

I've been here since 2008. This is the same forum that had people defending Jeff Ireland and Chad Henne because of whatever excuses that happened. It's the coaches' fault! It's the O-line! It's the WRs! And so on. So I expect some people to defend Tannehill until he's gone.

I’ve been a supporter since the beginning, despite him being a complete dick to me at the rookie symposium. Officially off his bandwagon. Good news is very few teams are in need of a QB. So we may have the good shot of drafting a top 1-2 QB in next years draft.

Back
Top Bottom