I Think This Game Turned Ryan Tannehill Supporters Away | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Think This Game Turned Ryan Tannehill Supporters Away

Can Miami win with Ryan Tannehill

• Total voters
I’m typically not one for knee jerk reactions but this game did change my opinion of tannehill. I know that the line being in shambles is part of it, but he should get rid of the ball quicker. Tired of the excuses. With the injuries we have, this is season looks like it’s going down the tubes so we’ll have a nice pick. Let’s grab a qb.

Wasn't a good game by Tannehill, but I still believe in him. I've see worse games by better qbs. To be honest games like this sting and hurt for a several hours, but the some of the fan responses gring on for days and days. I'll have to step away to get my head right for week 6.

I’ve been one supporting Ryan and allowing him time to develop and to see what he can do with legit weapons.

While the o-line has been and continues to be a big problem, I’ve seen enough to know he’s not the guy.

Ryan, like most competent QB’s, is Just fine with a clean pocket. Problem is, in the NFL the pocket is often a mess and he cant make plays when the blocking breaks down. He’s a sitting duck that has poor pocket awareness and doesn’t make guys miss. Even the unathletic Andy Dalton made free pass rushers miss and turned in big plays. Tannehill rarely, if ever, does that.

Since it is quite apparent the Dolphins will never have a dominant or healthy o-line, it’s time to find a QB capable of making plays behind a broken line. At this point, Colin Kaepernick would be a better fit in this offense than Ryan Tannehill. No, I’m saying the Dolphins should go sign him, just acknowledging that a QB that can make plays once protection breaks down is a better fit —- whomever that QB is.

We need a Ball Z quarterback with some fire who has pocket presents and the revamped offensive line. Sprinkle this with some good coaching and we're on our way. That being said, Ross doesn't do things in dramatic fashion so I don't expect big change anytime soon.

Tannehill is what he is. I know he is not a guy who can singlehandedly win things when there is crap around him and a guy drafted where he was and signed to the contract he has should have the capability of that. I've gotten tired of even being upset about that. At this point I'm just more tired that everything around the QB is so bad. We haven't been able to fix the o-line despite it being our achilles heel for Tannehill's entire career and having thrown numerous picks towards that position. We had a game changer at the Rb position that paired with our starting QB showed they could make us a competitive team and our brilliant coach mismanaged the starting QB position after an injury and ultimately shipped out that RB for peanuts. I'm mad that we had a sparkplug on offense at receiver and a guy who occasionally willed us to victory and we sent him away only to mostly run the same offensive play for 5 weeks of the next season that was his bread and butter.

Tannehill can be taken or left. But man, this offensive line just absolutely sucks. And the play calling and lack of discipline is making it very, very hard for any QB to succeed, made as we might be that the one we have out there isn't doing well now.

Ryan, like most competent QB’s, is Just fine with a clean pocket. Problem is, in the NFL the pocket is often a mess and he cant make plays when the blocking breaks down. He’s a sitting duck that has poor pocket awareness and doesn’t make guys miss. E.

Tannehill couldn't make a guy miss for the first 4 years of his career. Under Gase this year and 2016 he became very, very good and getting around a guy, finding something downfield, or scrambling for a big play. He can make a guy miss, its just when there is more than one guy he really struggles, and he tends to struggle all game when that happens consistently. He is among the worst in the league at that. We still need to do a better job with personnel, better discipline, and play calling that's not as predictable to keep pressure off the QB.

I'm pretty sure if you polled GMs around the NFL and had them rank starting QBs from best to worst that Tannehill would SURELY be in the lower half, and maybe even the bottom quarter.

So yeah the line needs an upgrade, the linebackers need an upgrade, the defensive ends need an upgrade, all that. But QB position needs an upgrade as well. Pretty sure if you polled all the GMs and asked what the most important position is in the NFL it would be QB.

This sums it up perfectly. The O line is flat out terrible and we need upgrades throughout the team, including the QB.....the most important position.

I still standby the thought that even if we had the best o line in the league we could have similar success/results at QB with someone like Josh McCown/Ryan Fitzpatrick starting at QB. Tannehill is only as good as the guys around him which isnt good enough for today's NFL and a struggling franchise.

Everything has to go perfect for Tannehill in order for him to have success. Needs time in the pocket, right play call where he can make easy read. And yes occasionally Tannehill has rolled out, bought time and made a play here and there but he doesnt do it enough and even backup QBs can make an occasional play like that, see Fitzpatrick. This is the NFL, not every play or blocking assignments are going to be perfect and all sunshine and rainbows. No one is going to describe Tannehill as a crafty, savvy, poised or playmaking QB.

We need an upgrade. I'm not saying cut him immediately and start a rookie but let's do like the chiefs did with Alex Smith and pat mahomes. Doesnt necessarily need to be in the first round either. But an early round QB would be nice.

As for Adam Gase, I'm souring on him as well. We are having same issues with penalties and in the 2nd half seemed like we were moving further backwards than forward. Seems like every throw was outside the numbers, nothing over the middle. Horrible play call on the 3rd and 1. Dont know if that's on Gase or Tannehill for taking that shot. Stills wasnt even opened and Tannehill had room to at least get the first on a scramble. Gase should have addressed the O line better in the offseason. Cant help Injuries but stop signing guys that have injury issues.

Last edited:
We need a Ball Z quarterback with some fire who has pocket presents and the revamped offensive line. Sprinkle this with some good coaching and we're on our way. That being said, Ross doesn't do things in dramatic fashion so I don't expect big change anytime soon.

I asked this in another thread, Why does the new QB get a revamped line? Why does THill have to make it happen behind a lousy line all the time? Yes, he needs to play better.

I asked this in another thread, Why does the new QB get a revamped line? Why does THill have to make it happen behind a lousy line all the time? Yes, he needs to play better.
Because I'm hoping a new regime does something this one hasn't done and that's getting o line that can play. Obviously, it should have been a priority when we got 17 here but didn't. No need to make the same mistake over and over again

If we had any level of competency at QB we would have won the game easily. It's a little tough when your veteran starting QB hands the other team 2 TDs. Ryan led us to 10 points and gave the Bengals 14. I think he's regressed and he's not yet back to his 2016 pre-injury form and to make it worse the mental part of his game seems to have slowed down. He just freezes up, it's getting hard to watch. This game turned me off of RT. We should be 4-1, Ryan Tannehill is a massive reason that this offense is terrible. Maybe we need to bench his ***.

Feel like we have tried to revamp the O line every year with Tannehill. We have spent a lot of money and draft capital on the o line since Tannehill has been here.

But I think if we draft a QB high then that means there will be an even bigger roster shake up and rebuild and maybe even new coach and coaching staff, therefore an even more revamped O line. Blow it all up and start over instead of putting bandaids over it.

Wasn't a good game by Tannehill, but I still believe in him. I've see worse games by better qbs. To be honest games like this sting and hurt for a several hours, but the some of the fan responses gring on for days and days. I'll have to step away to get my head right for week 6.

Last week was one game...this week makes it a season. Its 2013 all over again. The same tendencies that caused us to lost the last two games will cause us to lose a lot more. There's only so much you can do with poor discipline, inability to block, lack of an identity or offensive rock (since, you know, we got rid of the players we could actually count on) a QB who isn't good enough to overcome mediocrity around him, and a coach who manages to take a roster and make it worse through mismanagement of his men.

Back
Top Bottom