I Think This Game Turned Ryan Tannehill Supporters Away | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Think This Game Turned Ryan Tannehill Supporters Away

Can Miami win with Ryan Tannehill

• Total voters
I’ve jumped ship totally off the Tannehill wagon. But there’s no one worth picking up in next years draft. I’d build the oline up and fixed that leaky defense in this upcoming draft and pickup a qb round 1 in 2020.

Way too much investment in a limited Qb.

Too many draft picks, too many free-agents, too many coaches, too many fluff pieces, too many compliments.

...And next year's large cap hit. What did they think, that Tannehill would turn in a pro bowl season and they could resign him to a massive extension? Lord help us.

I asked this in another thread, Why does the new QB get a revamped line? Why does THill have to make it happen behind a lousy line all the time? Yes, he needs to play better.

Because odds are the Dolphins will never have a great offensive line, or a completely healthy one. When was the last time they did?

I like the chances of finding 1 QB that can make plays when protection breaks down more than I like the chances of finding 5-8 guys that not only are good, but won't get injured. I'm just gonna assume at this point that o-line is never gonna be above average and will consistently be a turnstyle due to injuries. Therefore what's needed is a QB that can do more with less.

Yeah, yeah .. I know franchise QB's aren't growing on trees. But I'm not expecting an Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. There are better (non-elite) options already in the league so they're are certain to be some in available in the draft that the Dolphins could obtain.

Every single Sunday I'm watching QB's make plays when protection breaks down. They know when and how to step up or out when needed to buy time. And they have at least some pocket awareness. But the Dolphins haven't had a guy with those qualities since I can't remember when.

Hello all...

It's been a long time....

can miami win with...

Patrick Brown
Nate Turner
Mike Pouncey
Richie Incognito
John Jerry
Jonathon Martin
Josh Samuda
Will Yeatman
David Arken
Dallas Thomas
Sam Brenner
Tyson Clabo
washed up Bryant McKinnie
Danny Watkins
Darren Colledge
Juwaun James
old Samson Satele
Shelley Smith
Billy Turner
end of career Brandon Albert
Jason Fox
Jamil Douglas
John Ulrich
Jacques McClendon
Jake Brendel
Jermon Bushrod
Anthony Steen
Craig Urbik
Sam Young
Isaac Asiata
Jake Brendel
Jesse Davis
Eric Smith
Ted Larson
Zach Sterup
Laremy Tunsil
Wesley Johnson
Travis Swason

Daniel Kilgore & Josh Sitton done for the year before game 5....

oh those are all our offensive lineman since 2012

Man is that list depressing-

Justin Herbert has elite physical tools. I’m not sure about reads or progression but the kid has a cannon and can run as good as Tannehill is taller and has bigger frame.

Because odds are the Dolphins will never have a great offensive line, or a completely healthy one. When was the last time they did?

I like the chances of finding 1 QB that can make plays when protection breaks down more than I like the chances of finding 5-8 guys that not only are good, but won't get injured. I'm just gonna assume at this point that o-line is never gonna be above average and will consistently be a turnstyle due to injuries. Therefore what's needed is a QB that can do more with less.

Yeah, yeah .. I know franchise QB's aren't growing on trees. But I'm not expecting an Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. There are better (non-elite) options already in the league so they're are certain to be some in available in the draft that the Dolphins could obtain.

Every single Sunday I'm watching QB's make plays when protection breaks down. They know when and how to step up or out when needed to buy time. And they have at least some pocket awareness. But the Dolphins haven't had a guy with those qualities since I can't remember when.
Check out Mackenzie Milton and fall in love...sleeper too.

My view on Tannehill is exactly the same as it was 6 months ago

Want to replace him with Baker Mayfield? Great. Tyrod Taylor? Case Keenum? Nick Foles? Hell no.

Tannehill has never been and at this point never will be a top shelf QB but Dolphin fans should know the grass can be a hell of a lot less green on the other side

Replace him with the guy? Cool. Replace him with a guy just for the sake of change? No that's how you get Ponder or Gabbart.

I think we have Gase as a head coach in NO SMALL part because of RT.

There is a TE coach in NO now who might have gotten the job if RT would have showed up in a couple of games back then. :(

I voted yes...only because the phrasing of "dire" need after this year. I don't believe we have a "dire" need, but we need to start drafting some QB's and hope we hit on one before too long. I like Tannehill, but I will take an upgrade if one is available.

Tannehill stinks. He should had gotten a different job instead of qb and stop maki g the life of dolfans a living hell.

Start fixing the OL next draft, plus a QB who can sit and learn for a season or two. Live with Tannehill (or someone) 'till the new QB is ready.
Hopefully this front office can get it correct, for once,..... maybe.? jmo

I’ve been one supporting Ryan and allowing him time to develop and to see what he can do with legit weapons.

While the o-line has been and continues to be a big problem, I’ve seen enough to know he’s not the guy.

Ryan, like most competent QB’s, is Just fine with a clean pocket. Problem is, in the NFL the pocket is often a mess and he cant make plays when the blocking breaks down. He’s a sitting duck that has poor pocket awareness and doesn’t make guys miss. Even the unathletic Andy Dalton made free pass rushers miss and turned in big plays. Tannehill rarely, if ever, does that.

Since it is quite apparent the Dolphins will never have a dominant or healthy o-line, it’s time to find a QB capable of making plays behind a broken line. At this point, Colin Kaepernick would be a better fit in this offense than Ryan Tannehill. No, I’m saying the Dolphins should go sign him, just acknowledging that a QB that can make plays once protection breaks down is a better fit —- whomever that QB is.

I’d rather lose every game and build around a rookie like Herbert. Politics aside, Kaepernick has hit his ceiling and does not offer the Phins any reasonable hope to make any noise in the playoffs.
Other than athleticism and a strong arm, he lacks the decision making to run a complex pass offense and will be shutdown by the well coached playoff caliber defenses.

Is there a complete list of all the coaches that have been fired since 2012?

Any average QB wins that Bengals game, the defense was pretty good and Grant gave him a TD on STs. Tannehill turned it over 3 times for 14 points. He missed so many open WRs before Tunsil went out. After Tunsil went out he had no time but that's when he panicked and threw the ball at his guys head

Back
Top Bottom