I think this needs its own thread... surtain to skins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think this needs its own thread... surtain to skins?

arsenal

Beastin'
Reaction score
From espn insiders scouts mock draft under the redskins at 9...

It seems likely the Redskins will trade their newly acquired pick at No. 25 for a veteran defensive back. If that's the case, the team likely will use this selection on a wide receiver. Williamson is another viable option if he's available and Williams is gone.

how many veteran defensive backs are there that have to be traded for? woodson? surtain? darius?

is this a possibility for us to deal surtain for a last first rounder???

NJFINSFAN1 said:
They have said they have interest in Clements from the Bills!

That is true but Clements is not available now. The 'Skins need to replace Smoot. Springs is old and injury prone.

all of these speculations and sources have my head spinning. As long as we get at least a 2nd rounder for him, I'll be happy. A 1st rounder would be even better. I read certain articles that say a trade is not likely to happen for a 2nd and then I read others that give me hope that something will. How awesome it would be if something gets done by today!!!

Clements could very well be available now for the right price. He's going to be a FA next season and will be the best FA corner available.

If Tom Donahoe dosen't think we can sign him long term to a reasonable contract he is the kind of GM that will get value out of him now.

If it does happen it will be because we can sign Law to a cap friendly deal.

It will, however, take a 1st and 2nd/3rd to get him.

Dubfire said:
That is true but Clements is not available now..
He could be for the right price. :D. Greghead Williams is the DC of the Skins.

it's more likely to be Woodson. Although Snyder is a sucker for a big name guy... Surtain is that.

if we could get that pick, daaaaamn... but i mean it could just be another random rumor, but scouts inc usually knows whats going on around the league... and that whole trading up for campbell **** to me didn't make sense at all

They could have just traded us what they traded the Broncos. They want to DRAFT somebody, Campbell.

Losman7 said:
Clements could very well be available now for the right price. He's going to be a FA next season and will be the best FA corner available.

If Tom Donahoe dosen't think we can sign him long term to a reasonable contract he is the kind of GM that will get value out of him now.

If it does happen it will be because we can sign Law to a cap friendly deal.

It will, however, take a 1st and 2nd/3rd to get him.

Patrick Surtain, not Nate Clements, will be the best available free agent cornerback next year. Clements is good, but he isn't in the same league as Patrick Surtain.

I think the Skins are trying to package the 9 and 25 and move up. I've been saying this ever since they moved on Denver's pick. I don't think they want Surtain for that. The price is too high. Surtain and our 3rd for the #25, maybe.

Nobody is gonna pay a first for Surtain, he's pushing 30, has knee issues and cost a boatload.

KB21 said:
Patrick Surtain, not Nate Clements, will be the best available free agent cornerback next year. Clements is good, but he isn't in the same league as Patrick Surtain.
the nos. last year say otherwise and Clements hasn't peaked yet. Clements is younger nad healthier .

KB21 said:

Ummm, Patrick Surtain was better than nate, when nate was still learning. It was blatantly obvious that Nate moved ahead of Pat last year.

Now, I'm not saying Pat isn't a great corner but Nate is just as good as Pat has been.

Plus hes like 5 years younger. Plus he has never missd a game. Plus he can return kicks.

Take off the tourquoise glasses.

Losman7 said:
Nobody is gonna pay a first for Surtain, he's pushing 30, has knee issues and cost a boatload.

The guy's only missed about 8 games in his career but who hasn't missed games in the NFL? He has the most INT's the last 5 years. That's pretty durable in my book. On the other hand, Clements doesn't get any INT's unless the quarterbacks name is Ray, Jay, or AJ.

Back
Top Bottom