I think we are mostly done until June 1st. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we are mostly done until June 1st.

Where the Syrup? Hey, you! You pissing in a tree in public, would you be my friend?

View attachment 139856

:p

I'm pretending to be a Canadio.

Your mexican impression was alright. You can still improve.
Ha ha ha I’m still pissing on the inside of a tree and I’m getting piss all over me!

I will work on my Mehican.

Uno, Dallas, Tres, Cuatro, Cinco, she ate today, Niue blow, Dis. Dos Cerveza por favour 🍻 See, tres sir corona!

Berrios is the most cost effective move they've made up to this point imo.
The Art of the Deal or War was it?
They sign our punter we take their PR. We take Patsies Punter, they take our tight end.

But yeah have some hope he can bang off a couple of big plays now and again.

Henry yeah what round pick ?
2nd or 3rd - If it’s a second we get a sixth or seventh back in the deal and they pick up four of the 10 million. If it’s a third they just pick up the 4 million… Sound good? Good! Deal done.🦸‍♂️👑

OR - 2024 first rounder and they pay 8 million of his 10.4 mil 2023 salary and we keep all our 2023 pics - Well maybe Grier gets em to throw in a sixth or seventh to sweeten the deal this year? Deal? Good! Done! ✅ 🦸‍♂️👑

Last edited:
2nd or 3rd - If it’s a second we get a sixth or seventh back in the deal and they pick up four of the 10 million. If it’s a third they just pick up the 4 million… Sound good? Good! Deal done.🦸‍♂️👑

OR - 2024 first rounder and they pay 8 million of his 10.4 mil 2023 salary and we keep all our 2023 pics - Well maybe Grier gets em to throw in a sixth or seventh to sweeten the deal this year? Deal? Good! Done! ✅ 🦸‍♂️👑
I don't dispute an upgrade at Rb. While Mostert adequate he post 30 and one bad injury from being done, wilson is reasonable but he again has injury concerns. From there it's a major drop off in quality.
It's got merit, and there talk around it given Titans are in a mini rebuild.

They sign our punter we take their PR. We take Patsies Punter, they take our tight end.

Try "dancing with the devil".
It seems to fit no matter how you look at it. - LOL

Hey JamesW - Actually called sloppy seconds. 😂 haha. And were first in line.

....a first round pick...

good god. lunacy

I don't dispute an upgrade at Rb. While Mostert adequate he post 30 and one bad injury from being done, wilson is reasonable but he again has injury concerns. From there it's a major drop off in quality.
It's got merit, and there talk around it given Titans are in a mini rebuild.
And you’re from Tennessee right?

....a first round pick...

good god. lunacy
Relax Travis - 2024, the year after we win the Super Bowl. Think bout it - its basically pick 32 and we end up with 2 pix in the 5th this draft. Reminder… Zach Thomas was a fifth round pick. At the moment we have 0 fifth round picks… In my scenario we get 2 this year. One from the above deal and the other from Dallas, when we trade Cedrick Wilson to them while unloading 7.75 mil in wasted salary. I take it you’re not a wheeler dealer during the daytime?

Oh yeah, and very importantly, we get the King for almost no salary next year. Got to keep everything in perspective here… Doz first round picks do have value and tuxedos gonna have to pay almost all his 10.4 in the deal.

Last edited:
Here's what I have now... correct me if I've missed anything.

Offense (31)
QB: Tua, White, Thompson
RB: Wilson, Mostert, Ahmed, Gaskin
FB: Ingold, Lovett
WR1: Hill
WR2: Waddle
WRs: Wilson, Ezukanma, Sanders, Berrios, Swain, Cracraft
TE: Smythe, Saubert, Conner
LT: Armstead, Lamm
LG: Eichenberg, Jones
C: Williams, Feeney
RG: Hunt, Cotton
RT: Jackson, Christian, Smith

Defense (29)
DE: Ogbah, Twyman
DT: Wilkins, Bronson
DT: Davis, Sieler
Edge: Phillips, Chubb, Van Ginkle, Reed, Goode
MLB: Long, Tindall
WLB: Baker, Riley
CB1: Ramsey, Iggy, Bethel
CB2: Hoard, Crossen
FS: Holland
SS: Elliot, Jones
DBs: Kohou, Needham, Williams, Campbell, McKinley, Ellis

(Specials 3)
K: Sanders
P: Bailey
LS: Ferguson

Total (63)

We have 2M remaining under the cap until we get our Byron Jones relief. Let's take a look at the only realistic possibilities that might happen to increase this space...
a) There are a couple of people who keep saying, 'cut Crossen'. Myself, I think this is unlikely, but I will list it as a service to these posters. (3.155M... replaced by River Cracraft's 940K... net possible gain 2.215M).
b) Trade Cedrick Wilson. This is, I think, the second most likely possibility. (It's a cap savings of 7M if we do this... (less Cracraft's 940k) but the team seems to like him more than I do).
c) Trade Ogbah. I think this one is VERY unlikely... coming off of an injury marred season, I suspect he'd be hard to move, and teams would want us to pay part of his contract. Never say never though. This is we could trade him, would net us (up to) 15M on the cap (less Cracraft's 940K).
d) Restructure Wilkins. This one comes down to the will to keep him. If we want him; I am pretty certain he'll sign. Nailing down how much that we'd save is harder though... because there is 0% chance of knowing what he'd get when he'd sign. I'll make an educated guess. His salary for 2023 would go from 10.7M to 1M, so 9.7M savings to start, but now you have to add in the pro-rated portion of his signing bonus. Let's assume that he gets Daron Payne's contract. Payne's pro-rate is 5.6M a year... so resigning Wilkins is NOT going to save all that much.... maybe 4.1M. Yes, I know he could sign for less... and some will argue that he should, but I won't get into that here. let's just call it a 5M cap savings and be done here.

There really isn't much money available before June 1st... and as I think I've shown, the best cap relief in 2023 is in moving Cedrick Wilson...

Boys... I think we're done except for depth signings...

and yes I know, I know... Derrick Henry... his cap cost this year would be 10.5M. ...and yes, if we extended him, we could reduce that... but he's due 10.5 this year and he isn't going to play for less. If we resigned him to one of those 3-year contracts with a 1M salary and a 15M bonus, he'd still cost around 6M this year (and then 15 and 15 the next two years).
Bro, I just have to warn you, you can't put Howard as the number two Corner... dont you know he will come at you and make demands u til you put him as number one corner??? Cmon man, I'm just looking out for your safety and sanity is all. Let us know when he hits you up bro!!

Back
Top Bottom