i think we have a good chance to take one away from Favre | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

i think we have a good chance to take one away from Favre

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here is the deal. i think JT will have a good game against GB and Favre. Its monday night and we just had a bunch of time to rest(so did GB). I think our defense is going to throw some wrinkles at Farve and test his knee. I dont think he is 100%. If that happens and Ray plays a solid no mistake kind of game similar to the one Fiedler had against Denver, and we keep hangin around in the fourth quarter, i think we could steal one away. Chris Carter is going to give us some serious wealth of talent when it comes crunch time. Chambers, Carter, Mcmicheal, Clark, Ricky will be ready to go. The Packers havent really faced stiff competition much so far. im worried that ahman green will do some damage though. If we can keep him to about 75 yards going into the fourth quarter and we have the lead, we will win. We must take him out of the game. The Te's is another thing about Green Bay. they will use both of theirs. i hope we are thinking the same with mcmicheal and clark. These guys can be beat. they really are no better than us except for Favre. but overall, our talent is better than theirs. Lucas gives GB the edge because of the uncertainty.

i say GB will win 27-24. but i also think that if Favre is getting pressure from Taylor like Denver game, then GB could lose this game! we need to show the world that Miami is for real this game! i think we will be pumped. x factor- travis minor on kickoffs.

Of course the Dolphins could win the game and "steal one away from Favre". He's not invincible. Every team has a chance to beat him. That being said, he is the closest thing to invincible the NFL has ever seen. He's nearly indestructible and he has the best home winning percentage by a QB in NFL history. I believe he's at 70-12 or 71-12. Also, when the temperature is 34 or below, which it should be next Monday, Favre is a perfect 30-0. Favre has been beaten at Lambeau, so it's entirely possible for the Dolphins to pull out a win, but it hasn't happened very often.

"If that happens and Ray plays a solid no mistake kind of game"...that's a big if. I think he'll play a much better game than he did last week, but the Packers D leads the league in takeaways, and all of our starters will be back, so I expect Lucas to throw a few picks.

Just my 2 cents.

So long as Lucas plays along...

... I think we can win, however I think we won't win this game it will be blow out. Mainly because of who the starting QB is right now. If Lucas makes half as many mistakes as he did in the Bills game this Packers team will destory us.

Hopefully Ray's performance in the Bills game was not who he really is. Hopefully he can turn things around. I'm not holding my breath though.

Oliver...

Originally posted by finfan54
Here is the deal. i think JT will have a good game against GB and Favre. Its monday night and we just had a bunch of time to rest(so did GB). I think our defense is going to throw some wrinkles at Farve and test his knee. I dont think he is 100%. If that happens and Ray plays a solid no mistake kind of game similar to the one Fiedler had against Denver, and we keep hangin around in the fourth quarter, i think we could steal one away. Chris Carter is going to give us some serious wealth of talent when it comes crunch time. Chambers, Carter, Mcmicheal, Clark, Ricky will be ready to go. The Packers havent really faced stiff competition much so far. im worried that ahman green will do some damage though. If we can keep him to about 75 yards going into the fourth quarter and we have the lead, we will win. We must take him out of the game. The Te's is another thing about Green Bay. they will use both of theirs. i hope we are thinking the same with mcmicheal and clark. These guys can be beat. they really are no better than us except for Favre. but overall, our talent is better than theirs. Lucas gives GB the edge because of the uncertainty.

i say GB will win 27-24. but i also think that if Favre is getting pressure from Taylor like Denver game, then GB could lose this game! we need to show the world that Miami is for real this game! i think we will be pumped. x factor- travis minor on kickoffs.

Green Bay's secondary is said to be considerably less than 100% going into monday's game.

Originally posted by Phintaztik
Green Bay's secondary is said to be considerably less than 100% going into monday's game.

Oh God No!!!!!.......let's just pretend that Green Bay has the best secondary in the NFL and a defensive line full of 200 pounders so the coaches (read:Norv) just run Ricky about 180 times. No more "trying" other teams' weaknesses, we should be honing OUR strengths....... and that would be to run the ball down GB's throat. Green Bay gives up 124.9 yards a game on the ground, that's 24th in the league gang, If Lucas attempts more than 20 passes in this game Norv should be shot. ( I think he may drop back in pass formation about 30 times but he will take off running at least 10 times.)

PLease Please Please, Norv.....don't try to test another weak secondary!!!!!!!!

OH..and yes, I do think we can win this game if we can run on GB. If we want to prove this team is a running team and a defensive team like the ones that cold weather doesn't effect, then we need to go up there and act like one....Cold weather be damned!!!

"Green Bay's secondary is said to be considerably less than 100% going into monday's game."

I don't think that's necessarily true. It has been banged up the last few weeks, but the backups have proven to be more than adequate. Even though many starters have missed playing time, the Packers D still leads the league in turnovers and are ranked 8th in the league against the pass. Rookie safety Marques Anderson who was filling in for Pro Bowl Safety Darren Sharper was voted the NFL Rookie of the Week 2 weeks in a row. Mike Sherman announced last week that Anderson will be starting along with Sharper this week. All injured players on the defense, with the exception of Joe Johnson, will be starting on Monday night and look to be at 100%. They have all been practicing.

I agree Infinsible, the best way to beat the Packers is to run Ricky over and over again. The run D has gotten better the last few weeks, but it is probably still the weakness of the defense. Also, it keeps Favre on the sideline.

Originally posted by RebaJosh
Phins are gonna get rolled next Monday night. You all know the phins suck in cold weather. Lucas is gonna throw 4 more ints.

Honestly dude you are an Fing moron! That was a personal attack so please whine or do what ever you want. Please base 1 opinon on any single fact. How do the phins suck in cold weather? Is it because they won their last game in real cold conditions 2 years ago in New England when it was snowing? Is it because they have won 3 straight in Buffalo including a playoff game in Jan? They are more geared for a cold weather game than any team in the East. A solid running game, short passing game, and solid defense is how you win in the Cold. Not building a team that plays in Buffalo that is built on speed and throwing the ball 40 times a game. Do you get some kind of kick comming here and deterring true fans of the game from actully talking football? I am all for trash talking, but for christ sakes talk football and stop spewing garbage from the mouth.

I would actually agree with you Dajesus.... thus is the reason why Reba can't post in the Miami Dolphins forum anymore. :cool:

Originally posted by Favre4MVP
Of course the Dolphins could win the game and "steal one away from Favre". He's not invincible. Every team has a chance to beat him. That being said, he is the closest thing to invincible the NFL has ever seen. He's nearly indestructible and he has the best home winning percentage by a QB in NFL history. I believe he's at 70-12 or 71-12. Also, when the temperature is 34 or below, which it should be next Monday, Favre is a perfect 30-0. Favre has been beaten at Lambeau, so it's entirely possible for the Dolphins to pull out a win, but it hasn't happened very often.

"If that happens and Ray plays a solid no mistake kind of game"...that's a big if. I think he'll play a much better game than he did last week, but the Packers D leads the league in takeaways, and all of our starters will be back, so I expect Lucas to throw a few picks.

Just my 2 cents.

It is obvious Farve deffinitly has the advantage, but the on weak point I see in Greenbay is their o-line. This is great for 2 reasons. Obviously Farve is hurting from a sprained knee, and will be wearing a knee brace, so he won't be eludeing to many defenders. The other would be the Dolphins pass rush has been their strongest part of their team for the past few weeks. It is Farve, so I could say this right now, but his cape could come out and he could turn to superman at any point and take this game over. The other thing is no matter how many sacks we rack up or even if we knock Brett out, it will all be for not if Ray turns the ball over 3 times forget about 6. I think I have to reserve all thoughts about this game due to Ray being our starter, because it is all moot if he plays like he did a few weeks ago. If he plays up to Jay's level this will be 1 hell of a football game, and I have all the respect for the Packers and their fans no matter what happens.

Back
Top Bottom