I think we missed on a big need | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we missed on a big need

dolfanmark

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I think WR is an almost desperate need for us. We have question marks at QB. One thing you can do for your QB is surround him with as many talented skill position players as possible. We are very thin at WR. Derrius Thompson does not get separation from defenders, and does not have the speed to be a deep threat. Bryan Gilmore is fast, but can't catch a cold. In the NFL, you need 3 quality receivers. Our passing game is in serious trouble if Chambers or Booker got hurt, because we have no one on the roster that is capable of stepping in. Until teams respect our passing game, we can expect to see a lot of 8-man fronts. I'm very disappointed that we didn't move to add depth at WR in this draft.

mayb we plan to re-sign david boston?
dt played well last year.

I really don't se why at this point we don't just bring Bosotn back.......It's Worth The Risk!!!!!

SpurzN703 said:
I'd let Saban handle it. I mean, it's kinda his job to do so y'know?
oh man i hate the spurs. i can't get away from them.... even here on the dolphins board argh!!!!

ive heard they really like thompson, so with chambers booker and thompson and the possibility of boston returning i guess they felt like it wasnt a need

dolfanmark said:
I think WR is an almost desperate need for us. We have question marks at QB. One thing you can do for your QB is surround him with as many talented skill position players as possible. We are very thin at WR. Derrius Thompson does not get separation from defenders, and does not have the speed to be a deep threat. Bryan Gilmore is fast, but can't catch a cold. In the NFL, you need 3 quality receivers. Our passing game is in serious trouble if Chambers or Booker got hurt, because we have no one on the roster that is capable of stepping in. Until teams respect our passing game, we can expect to see a lot of 8-man fronts. I'm very disappointed that we didn't move to add depth at WR in this draft.

Craig Bragg with out 7th :cooldude:

I dont want David "the best WR in the NFL never to take a snap for the Dolphins but he's full of potential" Boston back. I want a young guy with a chip on his shoulder who wants to play.

Chambers and Booker are both solid WR's. We were 4-12 and are getting old. We have lots of needs. I don't see WR being the difference between this team being 4-12 and 12-4. We are rebuilding at this point.

dolfanmark said:

Desperate need? I think not. Chambers and Booker are high quality starters. Sure we could use some depth at WR, but who couldn't. Don't forget that Brown, who many say has the best hands in the ENTIRE DRAFT, will help take the pressure off AJ as much as a WR. Perhaps even more so because he will be a solid, easy to find security blanket for AJ when needed.

Also, who is to say Gilmore or Thompson won't develop. Yeah, it may be a slight need, but desperate need. Nope.

We did add a wide reciever.....

His name is Ronnie Brown. One of the +'s about Brown was his ability as a wr.

Chambers and Booker are solid starters.

Thompson and Gilmore are nice guys as well.

Hopefully there is a place for Boston, I think that there will be.

Back
Top Bottom